Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
That sucks... I thought all the pen styles were supposed to have compatible parts. I'm assuming you tried with a DSE-801 battery?

Of course i tried with DSE801 batteries. If you see the earlier part of this thread, you will notice that i felt the same frustration since i have lotsa DSE801 parts. But i feel that if you really love the penstyles, the imcompatibility of the M201 is worthwhile for its superior performance. Think of it as an M401 quality fitted in a penstyle.

With that being said, the M401/ 402 has now replaced my penstyles as my fav e-cigs.

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
Of course i tried with DSE801 batteries. If you see the earlier part of this thread, you will notice that i felt the same frustration since i have lotsa DSE801 parts. But i feel that if you really love the penstyles, the imcompatibility of the M201 is worthwhile for its superior performance. Think of it as an M401 quality fitted in a penstyle.

With that being said, the M401/ 402 has now replaced my penstyles as my fav e-cigs.

I guess I'm just in denial that I can't use the USB passthrough with it.

I'm sure the M401/402 is gonna be a clear favorite over pen styles -- but I think that's only as long as you haven't been using a USB passthrough with your pen.

I ended up liking the M401 a lot for social situations, it's a good performer in a small package, but the vapor production just doesn't compare to my RN4072 with the USB passthrough. I REALLY hope whichever Shenzhen company makes the M series gets on the USB passthrough bandwagon soon. The relatively cheaper parts and higher quality are a real draw.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I guess I'm just in denial that I can't use the USB passthrough with it.

I'm sure the M401/402 is gonna be a clear favorite over pen styles -- but I think that's only as long as you haven't been using a USB passthrough with your pen.

I ended up liking the M401 a lot for social situations, it's a good performer in a small package, but the vapor production just doesn't compare to my RN4072 with the USB passthrough. I REALLY hope whichever Shenzhen company makes the M series gets on the USB passthrough bandwagon soon. The relatively cheaper parts and higher quality are a real draw.

I hope so too but at the meantime, i'm really satisfied with its battery life. Constant hit all the time with no exception. I only carry 1 extra battery with me at any time and it will last me the whole day usually. No wires, no battery packs and no dead battery. Works better for me that way.

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
I hope so too but at the meantime, i'm really satisfied with its battery life. Constant hit all the time with no exception. I only carry 1 extra battery with me at any time and it will last me the whole day usually. No wires, no battery packs and no dead battery. Works better for me that way.

I agree the battery life is good with the 401, but the major benefit of the USB passthrough is, for me, that it provides more power with each hit than a regular battery. 5 volts with USB, versus 3.7 volts with a regular battery. That seems to give a much thicker vapor. If you have an 801 or 4072 I would recommend trying the USB passthrough from Steve and seeing the difference in vapor production. It's really nice. :)

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
Hi,
Question for M401 and M402 owners:

Are the cartridges harder to top off since the polyester pad is deep inside the cart? (syringe needed?)

I have a super mini and when I top off, if the liquid touches the walls of the cart and not directly into the polyester pad.. then it may leak into my mouth when I smoke it.

Thanks,

Herman

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
Hi,

Are the cartridges harder to top off since the polyester pad is deep inside the cart? (syringe needed?)

I have the 401 and yeah it's a bit annoying to refill. The actual thingy that holds the wool is a tiny separate part that goes at the bottom of the mouthpiece. It's hard to see when it's in there, let alone fill. I use a syringe to refill mine, which still takes some skill. You have to hold the mouthpiece so the light can shine down in there so you can see when the wool is topped up. Also the wool is so tiny that you need to be careful sticking the needle in and pulling it out, cause you can easily crush the wool down or catch it and pull it right out.

Another thing you can do, if you don't want to use a syringe, is take tweezers and actually pull that little piece out, drip the liquid into it, and push the piece back down.

It's probably not as bad as im making it sound though. It just takes some getting used to. The 401 is a nice cig and I use it often.

kdix

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2009
Texas
Hi,

I have a super mini and when I top off, if the liquid touches the walls of the cart and not directly into the polyester pad.. then it may leak into my mouth when I smoke it.

Thanks,

Herman

Hey Herman! No, the cartridges are not difficult to top off. If you insert a paperclip into the hole of the mouth piece and push up, a little plastic insert containing the pad will push up. Push it up to the top of the cartridge, drop in your liquid, then use the paperclip to push it back down. No need to try and drop liquid blindly into the cartridge.

igetcha shows how to do this with an EVO (based on 401?) in this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=xPHQO4tcoH0

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Yeah....thats right. Not difficult to refill imo. You can do it exactly as the video shows. I personally am a little too lazy to push the inner cart out sometimes. I just fill it with the syringe.

Even when i push out the inner cart, i don't use a paper clip. I use the needle of the syringe to do it. It works the same. That way, i don't need a separate device. A syringe will solve all problems.

Remember to drip a few drops on the atomiser every time you refill. It works wonders for vapor and throat hit.

A lazy man's solution to refilling/ dripping.....

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
Thanks for the tips!

If I do get one of these, I think I'll be using Tribalmaster's method lol. Lazy person here.

I need something better than my 901 for when I go out. I topped off 4 carts before I went out drinking last night. They didn't last me very long. Didn't get as much vapor as I wanted out of them either. I wanted to drip my atomizer so bad but I was inside a crowded bar.

That was great btw, 3 of my friends want ecigs now. A bunch of people asked me about them too. Surprisingly none of the wait staff or security tried to stop me. One of them even asked me where to get one.

judasburrito

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2008
Hey guys--Just chiming in to report that I received the replacements as promised--so I guess I got an extra battery out of the deal (but not sending US adapter plugs in the first place was a pretty big party-killer)

I received them on Saturday, Jan 24--so this is the second time an order from them has taken 18 days. He e-mailed me and apologized that hong kong post hadn't shipped off the package and said he'd never use them again. Not sure who else he'd use though...

Anyway, it's been a decent experience. I'm not in love with Absolutely Ecigs, but I did finally receive everything I ordered and the proprietor's attitude and commitment to service are admirable. If I had to do it again now, I'd order the 401s from Puresmoker, now that they're available.

-Matt

hopllit

Moved On
Jan 13, 2009
Hello guys, I am new to the e-smoking. I've been using DSE901 from heavengifts for about 3 weeks now and it's great, but I want something shorter and closer to a real cigarette for using it in public so I am thinking to buy M402. I've just received my e-juice (also from heavengifts) so I can refill my cartridges and save even more money :cool:. My question is how many cartridges to order with the 402? How many refills can a cartridge take?

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Hello guys, I am new to the e-smoking. I've been using DSE901 from heavengifts for about 3 weeks now and it's great, but I want something shorter and closer to a real cigarette for using it in public so I am thinking to buy M402. I've just received my e-juice (also from heavengifts) so I can refill my cartridges and save even more money :cool:. My question is how many cartridges to order with the 402? How many refills can a cartridge take?

Its good that you are into dripping and refilling. Thats the way to go. Not only does it save you money but it also packs a better punch and vapor production.

From my personal experience, the M402 carts lasts longer than 901. Its not because the capacity is bigger but because they cook liquid more efficiently. My advice is to buy as many parts (atomiser, batteries, charger) and carts as you can at one go cos they are real cheap and shipping is flat at $15.

I don't use a cart for more than 2-3 days. I find it troublesome to remove the fiber and wash it like some have suggested. You can basically get 100 carts for only $80 so why go through all the trouble when its so cheap. Just my personal point of view.

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
The carts including the wool are pretty resilient in my opinion, and I think it's a waste to replace them so often. Nothing about them actually gets depleted by use. They just get gunked up with old liquid that's easily rinsed out. When I clean my atomizers about once a week I remove the wool from the carts and just rinse them with water. I just rinse it until the wool appears clean, which just takes a few seconds, then press it in a paper towel to get the water out. It takes about two minutes, and the wool seems breand-new afterwards.

80 bucks for 100 carts does seem pretty reasonable, but it's still 80 bucks that I'd rather save. Just my opinion.

Hey guys--Just chiming in to report that I received the replacements as promised--so I guess I got an extra battery out of the deal (but not sending US adapter plugs in the first place was a pretty big party-killer)

I received them on Saturday, Jan 24--so this is the second time an order from them has taken 18 days. He e-mailed me and apologized that hong kong post hadn't shipped off the package and said he'd never use them again. Not sure who else he'd use though...

Anyway, it's been a decent experience. I'm not in love with Absolutely Ecigs, but I did finally receive everything I ordered and the proprietor's attitude and commitment to service are admirable. If I had to do it again now, I'd order the 401s from Puresmoker, now that they're available.

-Matt

Is the PeeWee a 401?

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
Is the PeeWee a 401?

I hadn't thought so but the pictures at puresmoker do look awfully similar. That would explain Steve laughing when I asked him why he doesn't carry the 401... but I don't see why rebrand those and not other models like the DSE's. Plus a lot of people want the 401 and resort to ordering directly from China, so he could really capitalize by just calling them 401s.

So to answer your question I don't know. :)

Last edited:
I hadn't thought so but the pictures at puresmoker do look awfully similar. That would explain Steve laughing when I asked him why he doesn't carry the 401... but I don't see why rebrand those and not other models like the DSE's. Plus a lot of people want the 401 and resort to ordering directly from China, so he could really capitalize by just calling them 401s.

So to answer your question I don't know. :)

I would agree that they do look strikingly similar. Also, smokingeverywhere's cigs look a lot like the 401s.

(Which made me wonder when someone earlier on the thread said his friend bought a "piece of crap from the smokingeverywhere kiosk".)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread