maybe a mistake with kanger sub mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clager

Sep 2, 2015
Yes maybe? I got myself an un-opened Kanger sub mini tank but the batteries, mods I have is the Aspire cv 1000 and the Ego-one-xl 2200mah.
I am pretty new at this, 2 months experience. reading some threads and stuff it looks like its either a bad fit or not enough power?
I havent opened the box yet so maybe I will change it.

anybody use this combo or similar?

Reactions: thetrucker

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes maybe? I got myself an un-opened Kanger sub mini tank but the batteries, mods I have is the Aspire cv 1000 and the Ego-one-xl 2200mah.
I am pretty new at this, 2 months experience. reading some threads and stuff it looks like its either a bad fit or not enough power?
I havent opened the box yet so maybe I will change it.

anybody use this combo or similar?

I'm not sure what the Lowest Ohms the Aspire CV 1000 will fire? But you Shouldn't have a problem using a SUBTANK Mini on your eGo ONE XL 2200.

The SUBTANK isn't going to fit flush on your eGo One. Because the SUBTANK Mini is a 22mm RTA. And your eGo ONE is 19mm in Diameter. But that is just Cosmetic. It won't hurt the Functionality.

BTW - Kanger makes a SUBTANK Nano which is 19mm in diameter. So it would fit Flush with your eGo ONE Battery. But the SUBTANK Nano can Only run the OCC Heads. It Can't run the RBA Section that comes with the SUBTANK Mini.

clager

Sep 2, 2015
I'm not sure what the Lowest Ohms the Aspire CV 1000 will fire? But you Shouldn't have a problem using a SUBTANK Mini on your eGo ONE XL 2200.

The SUBTANK isn't going to fit flush on your eGo One. Because the SUBTANK Mini is a 22mm RTA. And your eGo ONE is 19mm in Diameter. But that is just Cosmetic. It won't hurt the Functionality.

BTW - Kanger makes a SUBTANK Nano which is 19mm in diameter. So it would fit Flush with your eGo ONE Battery. But the SUBTANK Nano can Only run the OCC Heads. It Can't run the RBA Section that comes with the SUBTANK Mini.

Thanks a lot for your help!! really nice! well in that case I will run it on the Ego-onexl and use the, I think ordinary 1.2 head ( mouth to lungs). The cosmetics don't worry me all that, 1.5 mil on each side is no big deal. Main thing is the tank, heard some great stuff about it.

cheers and again, thanks!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks a lot for your help!! really nice! well in that case I will run it on the Ego-onexl and use the, I think ordinary 1.2 head ( mouth to lungs). The cosmetics don't worry me all that, 1.5 mil on each side is no big deal. Main thing is the tank, heard some great stuff about it.

cheers and again, thanks!

No Problem clager.

I have a couple SUBTANK Mini's. They are Great RTA's.

The OCC Heads work Very Well. No Complaints whatsoever. But where I think the SUBTANK really shine is RBA Section.

Easy to Build. And a Fantastic Hit.

And the Best Part is if someone is New, they can use the OCC Heads while they are getting the hang of Building/Wicking their Own Coils. A Great Set-Up.

Reactions: Eric Auer

clager

Sep 2, 2015
No Problem clager.

The OCC Heads work Very Well. No Complaints whatsoever. But where I think the SUBTANK really shine is RBA Section.

And the Best Part is if someone is New, they can use the OCC Heads while they are getting the hang of Building/Wicking their Own Coils. A Great Set-Up.

Thats exactly what I'm going to do! just need a bit more experience with these things. Its bloody hard work just giving up the real thing, sadly I am still puffing two ciggies to the morning coffeee but I used to smoke a pack a day. Pugh!

again thanks a lot!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thats exactly what I'm going to do! just need a bit more experience with these things. Its bloody hard work just giving up the real thing, sadly I am still puffing two ciggies to the morning coffeee but I used to smoke a pack a day. Pugh!

again thanks a lot!

Going from a Pack a Day to 2 Cigarettes is a Great Accomplishment. And it can be Hard to ditch those Last Few Cigarettes.

But you can Do It! Just give it a Little Time.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
that's 18 smokes a day you didn't have! or about 324 packs a year!!! think of all the money you're saving.

when I finally quit all smokes, I was using the patch, nicotine gum, AND vaping. those last few are the hardest to give up, but they don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. congrats and good luck!

clager

Sep 2, 2015
Thanks petrotech! yes I tried everything as well, gum, patch, the lot but THIS! is the only thing that really works. Not only does it taste lightyears better but there is also some really nice gear ( turning into a gear freak) haha! it really does give the amounts of Nicotine needed to drop the ciggies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

This is true. The Nano doesn't come with an RBA but on my Nano I rebuilt the coils and recwicked the OCC heads for almost a year.

Rip Trippers has an OCC head rebuild that makes the OCC housing stupid simple to rebuild.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
No Problem clager.

The only problems I ever had with the stock OCC heads was.

1. Sometimes the coil was packed too tightly with cotton.

2. Not enough airflow.

clager

Sep 2, 2015
An update! the mini tank arrived and its working fine with the Ego one 2200. No problems at all. It really is a good vape thats for sure. Now I'm ordering the Aspire CF Mod, that one is 22 mil in diameter and seems very popular with the mini tank. At the moment I'm using the 1.2 coil, tried the 0.5 but after just a couple of months with this, the 0.5 coil just became too much.

It should be OK to use the aspire Mod with the 1.2 coil?

thanks!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
An update! the mini tank arrived and its working fine with the Ego one 2200. No problems at all. It really is a good vape thats for sure. Now I'm ordering the Aspire CF Mod, that one is 22 mil in diameter and seems very popular with the mini tank. At the moment I'm using the 1.2 coil, tried the 0.5 but after just a couple of months with this, the 0.5 coil just became too much.

It should be OK to use the aspire Mod with the 1.2 coil?

thanks!

It looks like there is 2 variations of the Aspire CF.

The Aspire CF Mod. And the Aspire CF SUBΩ

I would go with the Aspire CF SUBΩ.

Aspire - Aspire CF SUBΩ Battery

Aspire CF Sub-Ohm Mod? | E-Cigarette Forum

I know you don't want to use the .5 Ohm OCC heads. And either one will fire the 1.2 Ohm Heads. But being able to fire lower Ohms is Always a Good Thing. Because when you get the Hang of Making your own Coils in the RBA Section, you might want to go with Lower Ohms than you think.

clager

Sep 2, 2015
It looks like there is 2 variations of the Aspire CF.

The Aspire CF Mod. And the Aspire CF SUBΩ

I would go with the Aspire CF SUBΩ.

Aspire - Aspire CF SUBΩ Battery

Aspire CF Sub-Ohm Mod? | E-Cigarette Forum

I know you don't want to use the .5 Ohm OCC heads. And either one will fire the 1.2 Ohm Heads. But being able to fire lower Ohms is Always a Good Thing. Because when you get the Hang of Making your own Coils in the RBA Section, you might want to go with Lower Ohms than you think.

Well I tell you I have been testing with sub ohm and its a completely different story, much more flavour etc I might go for the aspire sub model after all.

cheers a lot for your help,

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
My Kangertech Subtank Mini came in today & wow......what a difference between dripping with a Magma clone!

This is my first subtank & chose the mini over the largest model (though it was on promo for less) because of customer reviews. Most reported more flavor, less leaks & they were on the money. The flavor is fantastic, just be sure to prime the coil with a 3 or so drops of one's favorite e-juice, fill the tank & let sit a couple of minutes. No dry hits whatsoever, just pure flavor & at 1.2 ohms, with my (also new) Eleaf iStick 100W box mod, 18.5W seems to be the sweet spot with the Subtank Mini, whereas I had to drip at 25W.

Though there is an included 0.5 ohm coil in the box, likely won't use it, am not that deep into sub-ohming. Just wanted a futureproof mod & decent tank, after nearly 2 years of using Kangertech 2 ProTanks, followed by the ProTank 3 with dual coils. The Kangertech Subtank Mini is more powerful at 1.2 ohms than the 1.0 ohm dual cores I was using on my mechanical mod with the ProTank 3 & delivers tons of fantastic flavor. Kangertech just keeps improving every year.

Maybe best of all, no more checking every hour of a dripper! My review of both the tank & the coils should be online at MyFreedomSmokes at any time. I feel it's a good choice for a first time sub-ohmer & pricing has dropped in general across the board since I began vaping nearly 2 years back. Counting the iStick & 2 packs of the 1.2 ohm OCC coils, for around $80 total have a nice setup (the Kangertech Mini was $29.95 on promo at MyFreedomSmokes). The 2nd pack of coils was purchased with a 40% discount code, barely $11 after tax & shipping.

On a closing note, there's no tank that'll satisfy everyone, yet I believe the Kangertech Subtank Mini will indeed please many.

Cat

clager

Sep 2, 2015
My Kangertech Subtank Mini came in today & wow......what a difference between dripping with a Magma clone!

This is my first subtank & chose the mini over the largest model (though it was on promo for less) because of customer reviews. Most reported more flavor, less leaks & they were on the money. The flavor is fantastic, just be sure to prime the coil with a 3 or so drops of one's favorite e-juice, fill the tank & let sit a couple of minutes. No dry hits whatsoever, just pure flavor & at 1.2 ohms, with my (also new) Eleaf iStick 100W box mod, 18.5W seems to be the sweet spot with the Subtank Mini, whereas I had to drip at 25W.

Though there is an included 0.5 ohm coil in the box, likely won't use it, am not that deep into sub-ohming. Just wanted a futureproof mod & decent tank, after nearly 2 years of using Kangertech 2 ProTanks, followed by the ProTank 3 with dual coils. The Kangertech Subtank Mini is more powerful at 1.2 ohms than the 1.0 ohm dual cores I was using on my mechanical mod with the ProTank 3 & delivers tons of fantastic flavor. Kangertech just keeps improving every year.

Maybe best of all, no more checking every hour of a dripper! My review of both the tank & the coils should be online at MyFreedomSmokes at any time. I feel it's a good choice for a first time sub-ohmer & pricing has dropped in general across the board since I began vaping nearly 2 years back. Counting the iStick & 2 packs of the 1.2 ohm OCC coils, for around $80 total have a nice setup (the Kangertech Mini was $29.95 on promo at MyFreedomSmokes). The 2nd pack of coils was purchased with a 40% discount code, barely $11 after tax & shipping.

On a closing note, there's no tank that'll satisfy everyone, yet I believe the Kangertech Subtank Mini will indeed please many.

Cat

I know! I just tried mine and its awesome, what a difference! I suppose as in anything you get what you pay for.

Have a good kanger vape!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Though there is an included 0.5 ohm coil in the box, likely won't use it, am not that deep into sub-ohming. ...

Ya Never Know.

I think Kanger (and Others) is Smart to Include all the Heads in all the Ohms that will fit a given RTA.

Then the Buyer can check them out. And see what they like the Best.

BTW - Be sure to Save all you Old OCC Heads once your done with them. You might not want to Rebuild them Now. But down the Road, you might want to Try Your Hand and it.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I've been rebuilding my Kangertech 2 coils for well over a year, so this should be no big deal, the coil seemed to look as though it could be taken apart & my local e-juice distributor (& the one who led me to purchase the 100W Eleaf iStick) told me these were rebuildable. The reason why I purchased a 2nd box was that MFS sent a 40% promo code for select coils & these were one to choose from.

Chances are. I'll also try some building with the included RBA base, have done a bit with the Magma, but not much. Getting a dual core setup can be a pain in the rear, as both needs to be as close to another as possible. I'm far more into the rebuilding of coils, now that I'm using genuine Japanese cotton rather than silica, the latter requires breaking in, whereas the Japanese cotton produces great flavor.

I also noticed on my first refill the tons of juice the Kangertech sub-ohm coils holds, one would really have to vape it down to get a dry hit, or so it would seem.

Cat

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC

Cat
I MTL hit at 12 to 13w with 70 pg/30vg and love the draw and flavor on the subtank mini with the 1.2 vertical cotton coils and with the RBA. Great for the first day. But the second day have juice weeping out of the air holes with both the stock coils and the RBA. So now it's a stay at home tank and my reliable nautilus mini's are my go to tanks for MTL.

Reactions: Atchafalaya

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I MTL hit at 12 to 13w with 70 pg/30vg and love the draw and flavor on the subtank mini with the 1.2 vertical cotton coils and with the RBA. Great for the first day. But the second day have juice weeping out of the air holes with both the stock coils and the RBA. So now it's a stay at home tank and my reliable nautilus mini's are my go to tanks for MTL.

So far, have been lucky, am still on my very first 1.2 ohm coil, the one included with the tank, no leaks whatsoever. Just pure, delightful Cappuccino flavor at 9mg, 50/50 blend. I've read that the clearer e-juices runs better, yet believe it's that way across the board. And the reason why I chose the Mini over the Nano & their largest subtank was customer reviews, very few complained about leaks & flavor, while there were many for the largest model.

Maybe you have a defective coil, some reviewers says they get one every now & then. My e-juice supplier has told me these vertical coils are rebuildable, am hoping that he's right, as that will mean I can reuse the total of 11 coils over & over again. Yet I won't try this until I have a 5 pack of empties, at this rate, may be awhile. The Kangertech OCC coils are frequently ran on promo for as much as 40% off, including the MyFreedomSmokes site.

Cat

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
So far, have been lucky, am still on my very first 1.2 ohm coil, the one included with the tank, no leaks whatsoever. Just pure, delightful Cappuccino flavor at 9mg, 50/50 blend. I've read that the clearer e-juices runs better, yet believe it's that way across the board. And the reason why I chose the Mini over the Nano & their largest subtank was customer reviews, very few complained about leaks & flavor, while there were many for the largest model.

Maybe you have a defective coil, some reviewers says they get one every now & then. My e-juice supplier has told me these vertical coils are rebuildable, am hoping that he's right, as that will mean I can reuse the total of 11 coils over & over again. Yet I won't try this until I have a 5 pack of empties, at this rate, may be awhile. The Kangertech OCC coils are frequently ran on promo for as much as 40% off, including the MyFreedomSmokes site.

Cat
I've had the same leaking out of the airhole on both the 1.2 ohm coil and the RBA. Got some 1.5 ohm coils and the first one was bad, nasty metallic taste though it was well primed. I'll try another when I have time to mess around with it again. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread