Mech users unite!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amb1valentchaos

Apr 29, 2017
Yeah so first im a new af member to ECF. So yeah im not sure how this all works yet ,but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I'm starting this thread because I just recently fell back in love with mech mods. Just a litrle bit of background in me like alot of people my first mech was a fasttech nemesis then i moved directly into parallel mech boxes like the dmitri clone a bunch of castigador and dos equis clones (I was a broke ..... i get it), and I got really discouraged because other than the nemesis they all kinda sucked .... I then went on a regulated mod binge (ipv4s snowwolf 1.5, rx200 if anyone cares) and about a month ago my rx200 .... the bed so i borrowed a mod from a friend and started looking for a replacement after some searching I thought I'd give an authentic mech a shot so i ordered a 24mm copper roundhouse 2 directly from Kennedy vapors and now FINALLY to the point I'm back in love with mechs harder than ever and i want something different i love my roundhouse its great its my edc mod now but I kinda wanna start collecting some other kinda more interesting mods I've been looking all over and the El thunder mech by viva la cloud is deffinitely on my radar. Any one have any suggestions, seen any interesting/cool mechs lately
IMG_20170425_115031_114.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
PS, there are a few threads dedicated to mechs, some are not as active, but very informative.
This one is full of people that have older ones, many of which the modder/ company is gone or doesnt make mechs anymore.

Its a good resource for older mechs and parts.
Old mech Orphans .....

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I got into REO mech squonkers about 3 1/2 years ago, and have never looked back. Prior to that, I used tube mechs; first with genisis tanks, then with drippers. I don't own a regulated mod, and have no plans or desire to. I currently have about a dozen REOs, and a couple Pdib Li'l Pinches.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I am a flip flopper... I started with regulated and switched to mechs fully after 6 months or so. Then the new Smok mods/tanks came out late last year and I went back to regulated. I am now mainly back to mechs thanks to a great deal on two more new GP Paps mods.

I love regulated, but can't see me ever fully going that route.

Amb1valentchaos

Apr 29, 2017
Yeah i really wanna get into squonking the new vandy vape squonker in colab with that tony b youtuber dude looks like it would be a solid first squonker single coil and all that jazz. Im just worried because my usually build is a dual parallel 22awg n80 4 wrap 2.5mm id ohming at like .09 .08 ish and to move to a single coil squonker seems like a big change

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Yeah i really wanna get into squonking the new vandy vape squonker in colab with that tony b youtuber dude looks like it would be a solid first squonker single coil and all that jazz. Im just worried because my usually build is a dual parallel 22awg n80 4 wrap 2.5mm id ohming at like .09 .08 ish and to move to a single coil squonker seems like a big change
Most of my builds are dual coil but larger gauge wire (26-28ga) and around 0.4ohms. I personally wouldn't go much lower on a mech.

Amb1valentchaos

Apr 29, 2017
Yeah i know the dangers and what not I've never had a battery vent or anything i use lg hb2's and what not i admit im abusing the .... out of batteries which is why after only about 3 or 4 months i have to replace them plus i vape 6mg and i take a hit once or so every 5 minutes and if i vape any more than that ive got enough nic in my system well before the batteries even get warm so yeah

Reactions: petrotech

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
View attachment 652857 I did the same thing....Started with a REO squonker years ago....went on to the fancy regulated squonkers and I'm comfortably back with all mechanical squonkers. Same idea, different shape!

Not a chip to be found.
Can I borrow the green one? It matches the color of my hand from my copper mod :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread