Status
Not open for further replies.

maxx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
PA, USA
www.omnimaxx.com
I have jury duty in a couple days (oh joy :rolleyes: )

The courthouse has a walkthrough metal detector. I plan to take 4 batteries and cartos to get through this day and wondering if they will set off the detector as a group. Seeing as how I use chrome shorties with naked cartos....they look for all the world like military detonators and I really don't want to have to explain to the paranoid idiot at the door what they are. Anyone have occasion to see these things set off off a metal detector?

FrogHat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Virginia
Anyone recall the airport scene from the movie, Midnight Express...where Billy Hayes is surrounded by armed guards with his hands high in the air?

Why do I see myself in that position... :D

That's why you need to put them in the tray..............at least you'll have time to explain. :cool:

asasq1212

Moved On
Feb 23, 2010
shanghai
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam

Goady

Feb 20, 2010
southern PA, USA
I have jury duty in a couple days (oh joy :rolleyes: )

The courthouse has a walkthrough metal detector. I plan to take 4 batteries and cartos to get through this day and wondering if they will set off the detector as a group. Seeing as how I use chrome shorties with naked cartos....they look for all the world like military detonators and I really don't want to have to explain to the paranoid idiot at the door what they are. Anyone have occasion to see these things set off off a metal detector?

they will go off. we have lower quality detectors at my work than a courthouse would and it goes off every time i go through. usually have 2-3 batteries +cartos, so yeah definitely will go off.

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
It won't go off... It'll light the detector up like a Christmas Tree! That's many hundreds of times the gauss required to set off a typical airport/courthouse detector at even its most permissive settings. Those are some very dense metals compared to your keys... ;)

The xray should penetrate the casing, so if it does look like a pen, it'll look like one with a charge in the bottom, a timer in the middle, and a fuse on the top. :)

I agree with the others - put it through the xray and if you need to explain, explain... Ultimately they're not illegal, you've done nothing wrong, and hey - you've got no where else planned to be for the day anyway, right? ;)

maxx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
PA, USA
www.omnimaxx.com
I will go in prepared to explain....V4L business cards and that little manual that came with the starter kit too. I just don't want one of those "you will have to leave these here and pick them up when you leave" type of thing. Simply because the security people don't know what they are and want to err on the side of caution.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
I brought my silver bullet into court last week. No problems with the metal detector. Actually im wondering if they even had the thing on but if they did i went thru with no problems at all.

Oh, and if you get caught those folks are not the type that are going to give you time to explain that its not a cigarette. Just a FYI. And my courthouse does not even allow cell phones in the building. You have to leave them in your vehicle.

Last edited:

deedubl

Feb 5, 2010
N. Illinois
Don't mean to hijack this thread... pardon the pun LOL... but I have to fly in a couple weeks too... was wondering the same thing about going thru airport security. I am debating putting all my 'supplies' in checked baggage and carrying PCC in my purse. Should I just leave it in my purse or should I take it out and put in the tray to be x-rayed?

I'll be DAMNED if I want to have to toss it in the trash where many a lighter ended up!
Anyone elses experience would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread