Mini Pipe....holy mackerel!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Thanks for the info Cellmeister. So since the batteries I ordered are 15266s what does the last 6 represent? In other words, the batteries should measure 15mm by 26mm or would the last 6 represent .6 and the length would measure 26.6mm? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just wondering what the last character represents.

All Battery Sizes, Capacities & Info Here

Knock Yourself Out!

List of Battery Sizes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Batteries of different types will usually not have the same dimensions and .... D 13.5-14.5 mm, Same diameter as AA battery, used in small...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battery_sizes electronics,

This Definitely Helps! :D

Keep Vapin!

Magnus

Feb 27, 2009
France
Hi there all,

New member to the forum but I have been a silent reader for a loooong time, way back before Janty had a KB! Just felt I had to finally join up and join in since I got hold of a mini-pipe a week or so ago.

After two full size pipes, a 901, kissbox classic & Yentl, two minis and a super mini, this is the first device that really hits the spot! I have gone from occasional vaping and 20 analogues per day immediately to zero analogues and a constant vapour trail that would make a Boeing 767 jealous!

As some others have mentioned, it takes a bit of care and attention to get the most out of the mini-pipe, with regard to atomiser choice, screw tightness, amount of juice and battery charge, but once you get the right set-up this device is way more satisfying than a real smoke.

Two more pipes on the way (had to have a look at the white one!), thanks to Tim over at Smoke-Juice and I'm in one very misty heaven!

Anyway, before I get told to shut up, the reason I wanted to chime in at this point was with regard to the battery discussion. The batteries that PhillyDes has on order are also known as CR2, very easy to pick up in non-rechargeable form from any camera shop. They are very close to the mini-pipe battery size (original is 14mmx25mm / CR2 is about 15.5mm x 27mm) and, at 4.2V and 600mAh at a full charge they would appear to knock spots off the originals.

So I went out and got one to try but alas, even when stripped down to the bare metal battery case it is just too wide to get all the way into the pipe bowl. I think the bowl may be ever so slightly tapered and narrower towards the bottom since I can get it a few mm into the bowl before it gets stuck. Having said that, different batteries are all slightly different sizes and I would be very interested to hear how PhillDes gets on. Even if they are a bit tight, like mine, I am pretty sure a little minor surgery with the Dremel will remove the half mm of plastic and let us get those bad boys into the bowl! I just want to wait till I have a spare bowl before I risk losing my new best buddy!

On an even more interesting note, I have just spent 20 mins clipping the end off a standard USB to USB cable, stripping the positive (red) and earth (black) wires back a bit, removing the excess shielding and white and green data cables, and with an old cartridge and some sticky tape I have got a workable USB passthrough! I am going to refine it a bit more before I go and buy a USB power pack, but I am hoping to free myself from battery worries altogether!

My compliments to everyone who has contributed to this forum over the months of my silent reading, and I hope to put in as much as I have got out of this forum from now on!

More to follow...

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Magness, on the non-rechargeable ones, Not sure they will work even if you get them in the bowl. I got some 14250 ones that are non-rechargable and they Will not work. It seems that (at least the ones I have) will only release a discharge of about 100mah. not enough to fire the atomizer. While this will cause the battery to last a long time in some applications, it just won't put out enough at once to work. maybe yours are different. mine are rated at 1200mah. First I thought they might just be too hot ( caused the pipe to flash 3 times every time you hit it) I checked the volts- 3.60- then put it on a 12v light bulb for 30 minutes ( it got rather warm) but checked again and 3.55v, tough battery, but won't work. Yours may not have this problem as they are lower rated.

hason74

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
west fargo nd
I am pretty new to vaping....but from the products that I have tried...the mini pipe is by far the best. In this thread it is made to sound like that this pipe is like the penstyles but a different look. Maybe I am wrong... but the vapor production and throat hit is by fat the best. From Parked's review you can see that he agrees... this thing is the best at vapor production and throat hit. I think it makes all the liquids taste better as well. If you guys know of a product that has the same throat hit and vapor production as the lady pipe...and is alot cheaper....please let me know. I would love to get something cheaper that is easier on the wallet.

parked's review says no cutoff on the ladypipe, i ordered 2 of em both have a 5 second cutoff, battery life sucks on these,i.e. it takes longer to charge then the battery lasts.. the atomizer sucks, burnt one out in 2 weeks, these ladypipes are junk, and as far as parker daniel goes and dietsmokes, all his videos are just self promoting, false advertising, his service sucks and the products are NOT what he says they are... i do not recomend him to anyone..

hason74

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
west fargo nd
Probly not the right place to post, but i'm on my way out and just thought of it, heres my question--when ya post a reply and ya want to track it, how do ya do that? i post and the go to another part of the forum and forget where i posted, so i cant reply to people who have replied to me unless i bookmark the page, did that make sense? any info would be appreciated ty

aspen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Ca.
I agree cute little thing. Performance not so hot, don't believe all the hype about the little pipe. In my opinion just ok devise for a change of pace. Certainly would not be my main devise but it still warrants a purchase. Don't believe the review about what a smoking chimney this devise is. Batteries I found to be decent but the cap for the battery really needs to be overhauled, horrible design. Anywho it's just an opinion.
Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread