Lady Pipe Batteries???

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the ones linked to would probably fit.. there is also a 15270 size which is a smidge bigger.. the ones i have are only 3 volt tho..

nicowolf has the SD battery capacity way wrong.. they are rated at 1000 mah.. probably a true 800 mah

the SD battery is over twice the capacity of the lady pipe battery which is much smaller..

the lady pipe battery is quite a rare size in its 3.7 volt guise.. most of them are 3 volts..

the lady pipe battery will have roughly the same capacity as the ruyan cigar type battery.. or say about 40% longer run time than a classic or pen style e cig battery..

it is an odd size tho.. not very common in the rechargeable 3.7 volt form..

they are big enough not to wear out that quickly..

DX dosnt have any... unless it does use the 3 volt 15270 ones for some odd reason..

the first two figures in the number are the battery diameter.. 15 mm wide .. the second three the battery length.. 270 mm long... measure a lady pipe one and find out..

trog

Thanks for all of the help folks...This is the great thing about this forum...everybody's willingness to help each other out. Ain't it great!!!

Senneke...Let us know what you come up with from knutselpeter. I think I'll take Trog's advice and measure the outside diameter and length of the Lady Pipe batterry too to see if we can find some cheap ones somewhere in the US.

Thanks again everybody for the help...You all are great!!!

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
Thanks for all of the help folks...This is the great thing about this forum...everybody's willingness to help each other out. Ain't it great!!!

Senneke...Let us know what you come up with from knutselpeter. I think I'll take Trog's advice and measure the outside diameter and length of the Lady Pipe batterry too to see if we can find some cheap ones somewhere in the US.

Thanks again everybody for the help...You all are great!!!

I'll keep you updated, I just emailed him.

cigar1.gif

I just measured the Lady Pipe Battery and it would definitely be a 14250 battery. It measures 14mm x about 25mm and per Trog's instructions below that would equate to a 14250 battery.

I think the inside diameter and depth of the battery compartment in the Lady Pipe would take a 15270 battery also, but that's just a SWAG.

So I think we need the 14250 1,000mAh battery after all...at least as close to the 1,000mAh as we can find. We could probably even go up to 1,200mAh if we could find one. Then that baby would really produce some vapor and I don't think it would hurt the atomizer. But then again I'm no electrical guru or engineer. Let's just stay as close to the 1,000mAh as possible.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
whooo there neddy.. jeesh...

So I think we need the 14250 1,000mAh battery after all...at least as close to the 1,000mAh as we can find. We could probably even go up to 1,200mAh if we could find one. Then that baby would really produce some vapor and I don't think it would hurt the atomizer. But then again I'm no electrical guru or engineer. Let's just stay as close to the 1,000mAh as possible

i really do have to try hard here dont i.. and this also answers the question of where are the "gurus"... most of em have better things to do than fight the knowledge less masses that populate forums..

feed in some real information and within three f-cking posts its all been obliterated by wishful thinking nonsense..... he he

battery capacity is directly related to battery size.. there is no such thing on the bloody planet as a 14250 1200 mah battery...

listen... the biggest capacity rechargable battery that will fit into the lady pipe battery compartment will be around 300 to 400 mah...period.. no ifs or f-cking buts..

capacity is about run time.. how long the thing runs between charges.. there is no way a bigger or greater capacity battery will fit into the lady pipe.. the makers could have chosen to use say the 16340 that the SD takes or even the 18340 the original e pipes took..

but for the sake of the ladies they chose as small as possible.. i would have used the 16340 but then again i didnt design the lady pipe..

i recon the chinese just like "small" he he he

trog

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Trog, and Phil:

I think the problem is that people keep confusing mA, or milliamps, with mAh, or milliamp hours.

Phil, the requirement of 1000 mA, or 1A (1 amp), is related to the current output of a battery pack needed to run a USB passthrough. That has nothing to do with your quest for a battery for the mini pipe. The problem is that people keep saying mAh in this context, erroneously.

The mAh figure on batteries, on the other hand, is related to their capacity, or runtime on a given charge. You can use whatever mAh you can find in a particular size and volt battery, and the only difference between a smaller mAh and a bigger mAh will be the time the battery lasts before needing a recharge. A 1500 mAh rechargeable AA battery, for example, will simply give out sooner than one rated at 2500 mAh. But they are both 1.2 volts, and will both power something needing an AA to the same extent when fully charged.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Trog, and Phil:

I think the problem is that people keep confusing mA, or milliamps, with mAh, or milliamp hours.

Phil, the requirement of 1000 mA, or 1A (1 amp), is related to the current output of a battery pack needed to run a USB passthrough. That has nothing to do with your quest for a battery for the mini pipe. The problem is that people keep saying mAh in this context, erroneously.

The mAh figure on batteries, on the other hand, is related to their capacity, or runtime on a given charge. You can use whatever mAh you can find in a particular size and volt battery, and the only difference between a smaller mAh and a bigger mAh will be the time the battery lasts before needing a recharge. A 1500 mAh rechargeable AA battery, for example, will simply give out sooner than one rated at 2500 mAh. But they are both 1.2 volts, and will both power something needing an AA to the same extent when fully charged.

the problem is the way forums work yvilla.. the wrong answer outnumbers the right answer by a factor of twenty to one...

then we have the wonderful (in theory) concept that all opinions are equal and eveyone has the right to state them..

add in consensus opinion which by its very nature (the twenty to one factor) is always wrong but still rules the day and the end result is chaos... he he he

i doubt it will ever change... he he he

trog

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
One of the batteries only holds a charge for about 2 hours. I know they are supposed to last for about 500 puffs according to what I've read about them so I obviously got ahold of a bad one...I think. I just put my second battery in after it finished it's 12 hour charge so I don't know how long it will last either.

I found that my batteries were lasting about 3 hours - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-reviews/7632-initial-thoughts-mini-pipe.html - but perhaps it's still too early to tell. I keep recharging when they run out and I'll let you know if they get better/worse.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
I kind of figured something like that yvilla,Trog. The high rated ones I got are not rechargeable and the rechargeable ones are rated far less(250mah). The way I see it It doesn't really matter Because in this size you don't have any choices in the rechargeables. I would like to find Quality batteries, the ones with the pipe are already fading somewhat.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Just ran a battery out - 2.5hrs with an overnight charge. If this pipe has an Achilles' heel, then this looks as if it may well be it.

I hadn't really expected the batteries would give much more than a couple of hours of heavy use......but the beauty is that it will be very easy to make up a much higher capacity rechargeable battery pack to run the pipe off at home if I want.

yvilla,

Thank you for your very enlightening battery lesson. It was very useful and full of a wealth of knowledge.

Trog,

You need to lighten up a bit, Dude. I told you I was no electrical engineer or guru. No need to slam somebody on here. I was just trying to learn. On the other hand, your help in finding the right battery was very useful and I thank you for that.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
yvilla,

Thank you for your very enlightening battery lesson. It was very useful and full of a wealth of knowledge.

Trog,

You need to lighten up a bit, Dude. I told you I was no electrical engineer or guru. No need to slam somebody on here. I was just trying to learn. On the other hand, your help in finding the right battery was very useful and I thank you for that.

dude when you have tried to explain things as often as i have lightening up aint in the plan any more..

f-cking shut up and listen to someone who does know the answer is the current plan..

and being as i seem to be the only one who does have the right answer a lot of the time.. and is sick to death of my answers being buggered up by the majority of posters who dont know but for some odd reason think they can chuck in their two cents worth of dont know....

if you want the right answer you will just have to put up with me.. also dont forget forums have many more silent readers than actual posters..

perhaps the silent readers are the wise ones.. they are certainly the majority... i doubt i offend many of them.. they simply read and learn.. and possibly get entertained along the way..

i wasnt jumping on you by the way.. just the simple fact that good information is always drowned out by bad information.. i find this kinda of sad.. but its par for the course.. and thankfully i am past caring about being loved and liked by some of the posters on this place.. i gave up on them long ago...

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread