Mixing Theory and what can I do with these concentrates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzzzz

Sep 2, 2016
Hi All,

I have been making batches of a Dragon's Blood clone and a Strawberry CheeseCake clone as in the following recipes.

Dragons blood (all TPA)
§ Dragonfruit - 10%
§ Strawberry Ripe - 4%
§ Bavarian Cream - 2%
§ Sweet Cream - 1%
§ Vanilla Swirl - 3%
§ Cotton candy - 1%

Strawberry CheeseCake
4% Cheesecake Graham Crust (TPA)
5% Malted Milk (TPA)
6% New York Cheesecake (CAP)
12% Sweet Strawberry (CAP)
6% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

I'm a little bored of these 2, so have come up with a "Strawberries and Cream" recipe which I found pretty good.

Conc %
Straw Sweet 5
Straw Ripe 5
Van Cust 2
Van Swirl 2
Malt Milk 2
Bar Cr 2
Sweet Cr 2

Q1 - any ideas on other things to make with any combination of these concentrates?

Q2 - More generally, my reading on eliquidrecipes and leDIYpourdenuls forums leads me to believe that DIY juice usually contains a higher concentration 'theme' (such as a fruit) backed up by some mid-concentration background (such as cake/custard) with some form of low concentration 'highlight' (such as vanilla or cinnamon). Can anyone comment on this theory or offer threads where the theory of developing a well-rounded flavour is discussed?

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Can anyone comment on this theory or offer threads where the theory of developing a well-rounded flavour is discussed?
I believe what you are describing is layering. Wayne Walker (ENYAWREKLAW) has posted some good info on his webesite: DIY or Die. Here a a few of his links to check out:
Modest Monday: Layering Flavors (Strawberry & Cream)
MixTips: The Top Note (Beginner DIY Ejuice Tutorial)
Vibrancy & Saturation (Beginner DIY Tips)
Intro to Layering (Advanced DIY Techniques)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread