Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Does my mod use battery when the screen is off but mod is on? I mean when it is technically in standby mode. When I take a drag and set it down, after 30 seconds or a minute the screen turns off but mod is still on. Is it using battery power then? This might be a dumb question, I don't know but any help with this would be greatly appreciated. My mod is the Smoant Battlestar if that is relevant.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Does my mod use battery when the screen is off but mod is on? I mean when it is technically in standby mode. When I take a drag and set it down, after 30 seconds or a minute the screen turns off but mod is still on. Is it using battery power then? This might be a dumb question, I don't know but any help with this would be greatly appreciated. My mod is the Smoant Battlestar if that is relevant.

I'm gonna chime in and say if your not hitting the fire button and it is. It in use but still on it isn't using any battery power. Now if it is I'd say it's not using much at all. I bet your gonna get some other feedback either agreeing with me or they may have another opinion. If nothing else I'm sure you will get your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Thanks for the replys, I wouldn't have thought so but maybe I'm wrong. I'm hoping someone with a greater understanding of the chips used in these mods will reply. Mine doesn't have a clock and it's not like a tv where it needs to be waiting for a remote control signal. So I don't think it's using battery. Please keep the answers coming.

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
Just switch Your logic circuit to "on"...there has to be some kind of monitoring, which does not work with no voltage and energy consumption at all...otherwise the gadget could and would not be "waked up" by pressing the button!

We are NOT talking about simple mechanic things here...got it???

Standby meets it...excactly. Nothing else.

"Clock or no clock...that is not the question..."
crazy.gif

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Just switch Your logic circuit to "on"...there has to be some kind of monitoring, whitch does not work with no voltage and energy consumption at all...otherwise the gadget could and would not be "waked up" by pressing the button!

We are NOT talking about simple mechanic things here...got it???

Standby meets it...excactly. Nothing else.

"Clock or no clock...that is not the question..."
crazy.gif
Why does there have to be monitoring when you push a button? The button is like an on/off switch. With standby there needs to be monitoring to accept the signal from a remote. But when there is a physical action like pushing a button, there shouldn't be any monitoring or battery consumption. You might want to run to the shop and have your common sense circuit looked at. It seems to be malfunctioning at the moment. :matrix::pervy:

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
Again: Switch Your logic circuit to "on"...

What You'd like to be working is a everytime button pressed boot up...after a while shut down...You press, and it should be booted in no time...that does not work. Never. Nowhere. Not at all. Forget that.

Yes...the "chips" have to boot! Surprised? You have a little computer in Your hand...ohmygod!
sarcastic.gif

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Why does there have to be monitoring when you push a button? The button is like an on/off switch. With standby there needs to be monitoring to accept the signal from a remote. But when there is a physical action like pushing a button, there shouldn't be any monitoring or battery consumption. You might want to run to the shop and have your common sense circuit looked at. It seems to be malfunctioning at the moment. :matrix::pervy:

:facepalm:
Yes, there is a very small drain on your battery.

Easy enough to test, leave it in standby with a 100% full charge for 2 days, pull the batteries and test them.
Dont take my word for it.
Test them.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I agree with @Joergl100, if it wasn't in "stand by" mode it would either be on or off. If it were off, would would have to do the 5 clicks to turn it on. Since you don't have to do the 5 clicks to turn it on that means it is indeed on and it is in a stand by mode. It is an electrical device. It either has to be one or the other. Yes it is not a tv waiting on a signal from a remote but it also isn't a mech mod. It indeed is waiting on a physical action just like the OP says. you have to push a button to turn on a tv don't you? So the tv has a physical action to turn it on out of a stand by mode just like the mod does. The mod is in standby mode, then you press the button to "wake it up" in order to fire it so somebody does need to run to a shop and get their common sense circuit looked at and I don't think it's Joergl100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joergl100

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I work in TV repair, so many people come in and say "it's just the power button is broken" but actually what's broken is what happens when you push the power button. And yes a regulated mod is basically the same as a TV. And no it's NOT an on/off switch, it's a momentary switch that registers only when pressed, light touch not high power handling.

The power consumption from the CPU/brain of the device is almost insignificant compared to what it takes to makes vapor (especially higher powers) or even light the display. However, I have wondered if internal battery type devices in long term storage could eventually run their batteries down enough to damage them.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    That meets the 10 in a challenge of asking "stupid questions"...

Nothing could be above...nothing at all!!!
    wand.gif
    Thanks dic, why don't you do yourself a favor and leave this forum. With your superior intelligence you belong on a MENSA forum where your intellect can be appreciated. If you want to act like a jackass do me a favor save it for your mirror.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    So is that the same for mech mods and regulated mods? Is it gonna drain battery as long as a battery is touching the contacts?

Mechs do not have a "standby mode".

With a mech, the battery contacts are not touching the mod until you press the button. The battery rests on its insulated wrapper.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Mechs do not have a "standby mode".

With a mech, the battery contacts are not touching the mod until you press the button. The battery rests on its insulated wrapper.
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. It's nice to be part of a forum where you can ask a question and get an answer without being ridiculed. That's what this place is all about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread