I have spares ;)

F79AF07A-6D6E-48A5-ADA7-EFD820A25DF7_zpsuyzsyyi9.jpg

Reactions: DPLongo22

Dontknow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Devon
The "broken" MicroStick is red so I should be able to see any anodizing on the threads and it doesn't look like there is any there. I look again, it won't hurt if I ruin it as I can't really use it now anyway. The one that got lost sending it back for repair, I tried using the GP fork and vise to remove the 510 connector and couldn't get it to budge. Even my handyman couldn't get it out. I've got a bunch of needle nose pliers that I tried too. Ended up scratching the finish badly. I'm reluctant to try this with my last and only working MicroStick. It's sad as I like the MicroStick but too costly to throwing away money on them.
If you saw the quality of my dremel'ing, to remove the anodising, you'd lose any fear of damaging the body. Or indeed the threads - which I probably lost a few... It's not so much anodising on the threads, but rather against where the flat part of the 510 seats against the body.
That said - I did go into the "repair" with the mind-set that something is going to give. I didn't care if it was the pliers, the MS, or both. Luckily, brute force won the day, and the 510 came loose. Any damage was going to be inside - which it is! But it's only visible during cleaning anyway...
Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
They come with most GP mods and atomizers that can employ them to take them apart. Vapourart also sells them separately. Unfortunately, GP's US reseller is no longer in business, so I don't know where you can purchase them locally.

Thanks. That's what I'm finding...

Reactions: Katdarling

LittleDonkey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
mini-ecig.com
Susan, I have two of the original microsticks as well. One works fine and the other is quirky. It's the one that you have to loosen the 510 connection a half a turn or something because of the anadozing. I cannot budge the 510. I have completely destroyed 2 GP forks and a pair of scissors to remove it .....will not budge to clean, etc. I gave up and moved on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had exactly this problem with one of my MicroSticks. It worked perfectly, but slowly after several months, it became worse and worse. Eventually, it was so bad (and after reading about the anodising under the 510 connector), I removed the 510 and set about the housing with my dremel. Though my work was not pretty, it was effective. It now fires as well as my others. I urge you to do the same.
I note under your first post that you can remove the 510 from the body. But for those who are having a problem doing this - a set of needle nosed pliers will get it done. It does require an inordinate amount of force to shift a stubborn 510, but perseverance will pay off. After the initial removal of the 510, when replacing it - don't wind it down quite "so" tight, it's easy thereafter to remove it for cleaning and so on.
Needle nosed pliers of a suitable gauge are available from any DIY store for a couple of $ or £ depending... They come in handy for other bits and pieces too...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The "broken" MicroStick is red so I should be able to see any anodizing on the threads and it doesn't look like there is any there. I look again, it won't hurt if I ruin it as I can't really use it now anyway. The one that got lost sending it back for repair, I tried using the GP fork and vise to remove the 510 connector and couldn't get it to budge. Even my handyman couldn't get it out. I've got a bunch of needle nose pliers that I tried too. Ended up scratching the finish badly. I'm reluctant to try this with my last and only working MicroStick. It's sad as I like the MicroStick but too costly to throwing away money on them.

I am sorry that you have troubles with the MicroSticks. Please contact us via Contact form and we'll try to help you. If it is impossible to repair it by yourself, you can send it to us and we'll repair it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Giving credit where it's due, I wish to thank @LittleDonkey for sending our replacement Xvo's via EMS. It arrived to my home in just three days. That was over-and-above the call, and very much unexpected.

Thank you, Chels. Kat and I truly appreciate it.

LittleDonkey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
mini-ecig.com
We have a new mod in the family of MiniEcig mods.
AzenoBox is based on the XvoStick. The price is just $120 and the shipment is planned in 2 weeks.

You can save $30 if you purchase AzenoBox + Merkava kit.

kit_ab_mer_02.jpg

AzenoBox is based on the XvoStick. It has same base but with simple and clean box design:
DNA40 with atty lock feature
18650 battery and USB charging, 1A
Fully liquid proof
See them standing together.

ab_08.jpg

LittleDonkey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
mini-ecig.com
I just ordered the MiniDrip and even after reading the info on the site i am wondering how long i might have to wait before it gets shipped? On the product page it says available under availability so does that mean he has some in stock ready to ship out?

Sorry for late reply. We normally ship orders 1-2 times per week. Delays can happen sometimes but it is better to contact us via email, using this form:
Contact Us - Mini ECIG
It is hard to check the forum messages.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
For those thinking about ordering I'm on week three on a black with SS buttons. No sign of a tracking number yet and I was told weeks end.

Chel, I just went to the site to check my order and it changed from 2 weeks to five weeks. I sent you an e-mail to cancel my order.

Customer confidence is built through honest relationships and people/businesses fulfilling the commitments they make to their customers.

Last edited:

SVrider

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Vermont, USA
I placed my order on the 6th and didnt hear anything until yesterday after i sent an e-mail. I got a reply in a hour and only then did i receive an order update with tracking info and an apology for the delay
but i think it was never sent out before i complained as the tracking says no information is available for the item so far.

Will update on progress when something happens.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Nov 1st on mine which is interesting now that you received tracking information. :mad:

edit:

I did receive an e-mail reply from the Mini team telling me they will forward a tracking number on Sunday. I asked if I could pay for an expedited service but have not heard back from them yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread