Mt Baker Vapor - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallenShadow

Feb 11, 2013
Oregon
HSo.. Someone recommended Mt Baker Vapor so I checked them out. Good sounding flavours, decent reviews and pretty good prices. I've just made my very first e-juice purchase and I chose Mt Baker Vapor. I got a 15mL bottle of "Chocolate Frost" a mint, chocolate chip milkshake flavor - 12 mg/ml, PG 80%/VG 20% and "Cotton Candy", same size, strength and ratio.

My questions are these... how long should I steep them? Never have before...

Has any tried these flavours?

And, will these juices affect/damage my clearos?

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Yeah I usually don't touch mine for the first week. I usually uncap them for a few hours and then put them in a box and I shake them every morning when I brush my teeth.

Now if you spend 15 dollars or more before shipping you will get a free 15 ml sample. I even request what flavor and nic I want for it and they always come through. You can also use the code ECF for 10 percent off.

If you like menthol I highly recommend the Thug juice! Love it!

The*Mist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
United States
I love MBV and agree with Rocketpunk. The first order I got from them was American Tobacco and when I first got it I was like 'Oh no, this is going to be horrible.' I then did the stupid thing of trying it right out of the box and it confirmed my initial thought. But, after a little research and reading the letter that James sent I realized that its highly suggest to steep.

Lesson learned...We all like to rip into all of our goodies without reading the directions thinking we can figure things out...lol, but people write directions for a reason. These guys don't send you crap, you just have to do what they say and let it sit.

So you know, after a week, I can't put the American tobacco down!

The*Mist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
United States
Shaking mixes up the juice, blending the flavors and ingredients. As with any steeping the agitation lets the flavors blend. My standard steep is...(stolen from other people here and on youtube)

Day 1) package arrives...remove cap and dropper tip and put in cool, dark spot (ie my closet) and leave for 24 hours with both caps off.
Day 2) 24 hours past...put dropper tip back on...put cap back on...shake the crap out of it for about a minute...put back in closet.
Day 3) 24 hours past...open cap...squeeze out air...put cap back on...shake the crap out of it for about a minute....put back in closet.
Day 4) Repeat Day 3
Day 5) Repeat Day 3
Day 6) Repeat Day 3
Day 7) Repeat Day 3
Day 8) Reap all the rewards with yummy, well blended juice.

P.S repeat shake the crap out of it before every use.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Hey everyone, thanks for the information. This was my first purchase and was going to be my first liquid, so I had no clue.. guess this just means I'll have to wait a lil bit longer to put down the analogs haha

You can give them a try now, I did with my first order from them and out of four flavors one was excellent from the start(Grappler), one was okay and has gotten better over time(Caramel Apple), one was really perfumey at first and REALLY needed the above mentioned steep method including the day with the cap off(East Coast Tobacco), and one I'm still waiting for it to "mature" though it's not bad right now I just know it will get better(Butterscotch).

I also placed another order yesterday of five more flavors, and I know I'm going to at least taste them when I get them, I'm not good at waiting.

Stoked!

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Philly Burbs
I'm about to place my first order with them. Any suggestions on amount of extra flavoring? I like mine strong as long as it doesn't distort the flavor. Also, does getting extra flavor give a better throat hit or not? Anyone here ever tried Backwoodsbrew (concerned I may be spoiled by their quality)??? Thanks!!!
Flavor suggestions??

The*Mist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
United States
Hey everyone, thanks for the information. This was my first purchase and was going to be my first liquid, so I had no clue.. guess this just means I'll have to wait a lil bit longer to put down the analogs haha

I'm going to guess...and this is only a guess...that your cotton candy is going to be vapable right out of the box. They will both will be actually, all I'm saying is that they will get better after a steep. Don't put off getting off the analogs, just know that its going to be even tastier after a week.

TxVpLvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Farmersville, Texas
I got my first order from MBV last Thursday and have been using the butterscotch and Ocean Breeze since I opened the box. Moo Juice I believe needs a little steeping and the Brown Sugar I just haven't gotten around to trying yet. I am not a patient person so steeping would probably make all of these even more amazing but I say try them straight out of the box to determine what you like. Good Luck!

TrueBlueNC

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hello all ...

I know this thread is from yesterday and I don't want to be rude to the OP by hijacking ... But ... I have a couple Mt. Baker Vapor questions too and I didn't think I should start a duplicate thread so soon after this. So, apologies to FallenShadow for riding your coattails here.

Anyway, I won a contest here last week for a $5 GC to MBV (Thanks again MBV!) and could not wait to use it. I'm pretty new to vaping and still looking for my ADV and goto juice vendor. So, of course, I place an order for more than just one flavor ... So I could sample several. I have to say, the order fulfillment and shipping is ridiculous, just ridiculous ... I ordered on Saturday and my package arrived today and I am, literally, clear across the country. How do they do that? Now for my questions ...

Steeping - I know shake, caps off for a day and then caps back on and shake everyday for a week to ten ... and keep in a cool, dark spot. But is there any kind of specific temp? We keep it a little warm in our house as we are cold natured southerners, have small children and are salt water aquarium hobbyist. How warm is too warm?

Also, any comments/opinions about steeping time or anything else on any of the following flavors: Cinnamon Roll, Caramel Coffee, 555, RY4, Tangerine (with an extra shot) or Hot Chocolate (a freebie!)?

I smelled them all and I did taste test the Cinnamon Roll, tons of vapor and very tasty already. Although, sadly, the RY4 smelled like licorice to me and I really don't like anything with anise. Usually RY4 is my favorite vape, so far anyway, so I was looking very forward to the MBV version ... does it get better?

Altogether, it's been a great experience with MBV so far ... I can't wait until the hubs and I can vape their juice in earnest.

Sorry for the book y'all ... I just rambled here didn't I?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Also, any comments/opinions about steeping time or anything else on any of the following flavors: Cinnamon Roll, Caramel Coffee, 555, RY4, Tangerine (with an extra shot) or Hot Chocolate (a freebie!)?

A week to ten days after the MADE ON date is a good rule of thumb.

Note on caramel coffee: absolutely delicious, but it destroys cartos. It just chews through them with no compassion whatsoever. Be warned on caramel coffee. I'm not a clearomizer guy, but I've heard great things about Kanger T3's. I suggest using caramel coffee in a clearomizer and not a cartomizer. But then again, it may gunk up a clearomizer, too. Just sayin'. Delicous, but deadly.

I smelled them all and I did taste test the Cinnamon Roll, tons of vapor and very tasty already. Although, sadly, the RY4 smelled like licorice to me and I really don't like anything with anise. Usually RY4 is my favorite vape, so far anyway, so I was looking very forward to the MBV version ... does it get better?

Cinnamon roll to me tasted exactly like those churros you get from Taco Bell. I didn't get much of the icing or the roll. Of course, I did not let it steep, so I am going to re-order it and let it steep and try again. I have no idea how people are smelling licorice or anise in the RY4 unless they changed the recipe since I ordered it last (October 2012). All I got from it was potpourri, potpourri, and more potpourri. VERY heavy floral accents. I know others here, like Kiwivap, say they taste anise... But I didn't get that AT ALL from my RY4.

And you didn't ramble. I enjoy reading longer forum posts than shorter ones.

bassackwards

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
illinois
i have found that cinnamon roll, caramel coffee, banana, apple pie & butterscotch are great right outta the package.
and they actually get better sitting for a while.
no idea what temp or how long though.
last time i ordered, it was after 5pm.. and before 8pm i already had a tracking number for my shipment.
i think i ordered on a wed evening & it was at my office fri morning.
amazing service & some pretty tasty juices.
A+ in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread