Mt Baker Vapor - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
Steeping - I know shake, caps off for a day and then caps back on and shake everyday for a week to ten ... and keep in a cool, dark spot. But is there any kind of specific temp? We keep it a little warm in our house as we are cold natured southerners, have small children and are salt water aquarium hobbyist. How warm is too warm?
I would imagine any standard house temp range (65-75) would be fine. Too cool will slow down steeping. I don't know that too warm is possible seeing as some people speed steep in a hot water bath.

TrueBlueNC

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
North Carolina
Rocketpunk, thanks so much!

We're using clearos so hopefully that won't be a problem but I appreciate the heads up ... I'm actually using a Kanger right this minute with some Tribeca, yum. I've never had a churro from TB some I don't have a comparison point but I will say this ... When I first sampled the Cinnamon Roll I told my husband it was good but I felt like it was missing something, later when I sampled a bit more i realized that what I was missing was on exhale I wanted something to chew. Lol. To me, it's that good.

As for the anise smell on the RY4, maybe it has floral notes too but the licorice smell is overwhelming ... I hope it dissipates because I can't even think about sampling it with that odor. I guess if it stays that way I'll PIF to one of our friends that still buys all their liquids from our local B&M ... maybe he'll like it.

TrueBlueNC

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks for replying!

And on that note, I'll be sampling the Caramel Coffee here shortly. :)

And yeah, the turn around time, the prices, amazing stuff. I'm officially impressed.

i have found that cinnamon roll, caramel coffee, banana, apple pie & butterscotch are great right outta the package.
and they actually get better sitting for a while.
no idea what temp or how long though.
last time i ordered, it was after 5pm.. and before 8pm i already had a tracking number for my shipment.
i think i ordered on a wed evening & it was at my office fri morning.
amazing service & some pretty tasty juices.
A+ in my book.

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
I usually order mine on a rotation, so the usually get at least a month steep.

I also order mine in a rotation so as to give the juice plenty of time to steep. However, I must add MBV juices, in my experiences, need to steep a bit longer than the "average" juice. When mine first arrive they usually have this "chemical-plastic-y" type smell (that's the only way I can describe it). I usually let them set out at least one day uncapped and let them steep for a minimum of two weeks being sure to shake them on a daily basis.

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
From a lot of the reviews I've read, most people said that flavour shots weren't needed and some strongly suggested against it.

But I started with no flavour shots, so I can get a taste for the base flavour.

Agreed. I unknowingly added 2 and 3 flavors shot to my first order with MBV. WAAAAYYY to strong. I'd also suggest no flavor shots at first.

Lousifer

Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
New port Richey, florida
Yeah I usually don't touch mine for the first week. I usually uncap them for a few hours and then put them in a box and I shake them every morning when I brush my teeth.

Now if you spend 15 dollars or more before shipping you will get a free 15 ml sample. I even request what flavor and nic I want for it and they always come through. You can also use the code ECF for 10 percent off.

If you like menthol I highly recommend the Thug Juice! Love it!

I'm pretty sure the thug juice is not menthol. I ordered it a few weeks ago and it had a menthol taste and I told them and got a new bottle. You can request any juice in menthol but its not menthol unless you request it. Mine got cross mixed and they apologized and sent me a new bottle.

TrueBlueNC

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm sampling the Caramel Coffee now ... It's very good. The coffee flavor is spot on for a fresh brewed bold blend and the caramel is adding a rich sweetness but I'm not quite getting the flavor of caramel. I have every idea this will only get better. Good stuff. Vapor production is excellent on this 50/50 blend and I'm using a no frills device.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'm pretty sure the thug juice is not menthol. I ordered it a few weeks ago and it had a menthol taste and I told them and got a new bottle. You can request any juice in menthol but its not menthol unless you request it. Mine got cross mixed and they apologized and sent me a new bottle.

Thug Juice is grape, watermelon, sweetener, and menthol. It's one of the few flavors on their site that actually lists the flavors in the description.

ossojones

Jan 15, 2013
Maryland
I like MBV. Great prices, fast shipping and great selection. I made the mistake of getting 3 flavor shots in my first order, overly strong flavor on all the juices but they did mellow after a few weeks. I've tried mountain dew, arnold palmer, root beer, udderly nuts and maraschino cherry. I liked all of them and they were all as expected, maraschino cherry was so exact it was creepy. I just ordered 5 more flavors from them yesterday. I will say their juice is hard on equipment. Their cinnamon, citrus, cherry and "root beer/licorice" juices tear up plastic tanks and drip tips and their "sugary" juices tend to clog up cartos. I've been using their juices in metal vivi novas with metal drip tips because I never know which juice will break my plastic stuff.

FallenShadow

Feb 11, 2013
Oregon
Cotton Candy right out of the box = *thumbs up*

It's pretty good, but seems I accidentally got 1 shot of flavour added, didn't realize that til the order came. But it's still really good. A little light on flavour but I'm sure if I steep it even a couple days it will be better. I've got my clearo filled with the Cotton Candy atm and all the bottles are in a draw with the caps and drip tips off.

I'm excited to try the tobacco flavours though, but those aren't from MBV

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
butterscotch rocks

If you keep talking like that then Rocketpunk is going to start stalking you! ;)

On a serious note, I steep my MBV juices about 3 - 4 days and they are perfect for me. I have not tried a tobacco flavor from them (yet) and I understand those take at least a week or two of steeping to get the flavor right. Most of the flavors I order are good to go right out of the box.
And don't be afraid of the "anise" word. I was at first. Then I got a free sample of White Out, which clearly states it has anise flavor in it. I loaded it up to give it a fair shot (after James convinced my it would blow my mind) and it is now my top MBV flavor pick.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hello all ...

Also, any comments/opinions about steeping time or anything else on any of the following flavors: Cinnamon Roll, Caramel Coffee, 555, RY4, Tangerine (with an extra shot) or Hot Chocolate (a freebie!)?

I smelled them all and I did taste test the Cinnamon Roll, tons of vapor and very tasty already. Although, sadly, the RY4 smelled like licorice to me and I really don't like anything with anise. Usually RY4 is my favorite vape, so far anyway, so I was looking very forward to the MBV version ... does it get better?

Hello! MBV's RY4 is my everyday vape. In fact I'm vaping some now on my new VMod XL and loving it.
It does have a liquorice/anise flavor running through it, and it doesn't taste like any other RY4 I've had. With steeping the liquorice is not so pronounced and it becomes a creamier kind of flavor - the liquorice taste is still there, but not really strong. I like it, obviously - but if you don't like liquorice/anise at all then you may not.

Last edited:

TrueBlueNC

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone!

Kiwivap,

Thank you for the detailed info on the RY4. I was really looking forward to it because RY4 is my favorite liquid flavor to date and I like trying them from different vendors, trying to find my ADV. I am super disappointed to hear that MBV RY4 has anise flavor notes ... like you said, that isn't like any I've tasted prior. I really, really dislike anise in anything ... I can't stand the smell or taste. :( So, although I will give it a try ... It's likely to go to waste in my home.

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone!

Kiwivap,

Thank you for the detailed info on the RY4. I was really looking forward to it because RY4 is my favorite liquid flavor to date and I like trying them from different vendors, trying to find my ADV. I am super disappointed to hear that MBV RY4 has anise flavor notes ... like you said, that isn't like any I've tasted prior. I really, really dislike anise in anything ... I can't stand the smell or taste. :( So, although I will give it a try ... It's likely to go to waste in my home.

For what it's worth, I am with you in the "can't stand anise/licorice" camp. I even order certain Thai dishes without the basil because it tastes too much like licorice for me. Imagine my surprise when I wound up LOVING MBV's root beer, which definitely has a noticeable anise flavor.

All of which is a round about way of saying: let it steep. If the anise is too much, perhaps a drop of your caramel coffee will help blend it out (I always think "caramel" when I think RY4). And if that doesn't work, head to the PIF thread or save the RY4 for when you have a cold and can't taste your juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread