mvp 2.0 trouble. please help me taste my juice again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a shiny new mvp2.0 today and I'm at a complete loss on what to do with it.

4 different juices, tried each in 4 different tanks, and they are all nasty!
I have adjusted the volts, the watts, and no matter what the setting is they just taste nasty.
Switched the tank to my kanger evod battery and they taste normal.

I have no idea how that is even possible.
Someone please explain what I am doing wrong lol.

I actually understand how the unit works and that whatever the last setting I entered is the one it uses.
either volt OR watts, not both.

My real question is why would everything taste nasty no matter what setting I use on the MVP but everything tastes normal on the old evod battery?
The evod is not vv or vw.

I do appreciate the reply.

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
I started the same way as you, with eGo sticks. When I got my first APV, a SID which is vv/vw like the MVP2.0, I started by using the same voltage setting as the eGo would put out, 3.7 volts.

I would suggest starting there and moving up slowly. You can check the resistance of your atty by pressing both buttons at once. What resistance are they? One rule of thumb says to add 2 to your resistance as a starting point for your voltage. I use 2.2 on my Provari and it hasn't let me down yet.

I have been through every setting on both volts and watts on 4 different tanks.
Tanks are evod that came in my starter kit, aspire bdc, iclear 16, and a brand new iclear X.1.
I only get the burnt taste when I go too high on the settings, but no matter what setting I use it just didn't taste good at all. Barely any flavor at low settings and the higher I go the worse it tastes.
I can't even get anything to come close to what I know it tastes like.

Resistances range from 1.5 up to 2.1

Problem solved guys!
Would like to thank everyone for the replies.

Turned out to be a faulty unit.
The MVP was only changing to the lowest and highest settings, nothing in the middle was working at all.
Took it in to the shop this morning and had the guy try it, he tried it with the of his tanks and got the same result I had.
Put a meter on it and it wasn't changing watts or volts.
Tried a new MVP and it worked fine.
He exchanged it for me with no problem and I am one very happy vapper!

Thanks again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread