My First Fused Clapton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eekins

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So I've done it. I've built my first fused clapton. I am so proud of myself. I don't know if its really a hard thing to do but with my butterfingers, I'm surprised I was able to do it! Its got 2x26ga Nichrome80 Core and 32ga Kanthal A-1 on the outside. Picture of the coil itself isn't that good, but I don't own a camera and all I have is an S4 to take pics with but here you go!

Reactions: gadgetkeith

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
The coil looks great - well done. But excuse my ignorance - what does that 131 reading on the ohm meter refer to?

That's a USA ohm meter, anything under 1 ohm reads as a 3 digit number to the thousandths. This is reading .131 ohms.

Eekins, nice looking Claptons but please tell me you are using appropriate batteries/mods with this. On a full charge, taking into account some voltage drop, of 4 volts you are pulling over 30 amps.

Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Reactions: Papillon61

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
That's a USA ohm meter, anything under 1 ohm reads as a 3 digit number to the thousandths. This is reading .131 ohms.

Eekins, nice looking Claptons but please tell me you are using appropriate batteries/mods with this. On a full charge, taking into account some voltage drop, of 4 volts you are pulling over 30 amps.

I see, thanks. I was a little lost since the meter does not indicate the . and the numbers look like whole digits.

Eekins

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sigelei 150w, 2 Sony VTC 5's/Samsung 25Rs in rotation. If its not in the Sigelei then its sitting on a copper Osmium parrallel box mod. I dont believe in single battery mechs anymorr, I keep my safety in mind.

Reactions: B2L
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread