My long and convoluted journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

rallykid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
Let me give you the run down of what worked for me. I apologize in advance because this may be a little long. Like you Mr./Ms./Mrs./Miss reader i was looking for something to help me stop smoking and wanted an identical experience. I learned that is not going to happen but i got close enough that i didn't care to smoke anymore and prefer vaping. Here is the path i took and the mistakes i made. Hopefully it will help someone out.

I started with a Tsunami kit which is a small battery and cheap tiny clearo. I used Tsunami liquid. That was all that i found available at the time at a local smoke shop and i had no idea anything else was available. The experience was "meh" at best.

I upgraded to a Protank 2 clone from NLA after going through 3 other tanks that weren't much of a step up from the originals. The PT2 improved the experience but still wasn't what i was looking for.

I tried different juices from different vendors and kept going back to the Tsunami because while it wasn't great, it sucked the least.

This went on for a year with mediocre results at best. I didn't see it as something i enjoyed, it was merely a required unpleasant chore to help me stop smoking.

A few weeks ago i wandered into a local cigar shop to pick up a few things (yes i still love my cigars on rare occasions) and they had a tiny selection of the same Tsunami juice. I inquired about it and the owner told me he didn't carry much because of the vape store across the parking lot and that i should check them out if i was looking for anything vape related.

I drove across the lot and saw the sign over the door that read "Ahlusion" (yes, THAT Ahlusion).

Not knowing what to expect i walked in anticipating the typical old school hippie or "cool kids" hangout and to be stared at as the "creepy old guy" (i am 41) while being given cold shoulder welcome.

What i was greeted with was an awesome staff that was not only friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and outgoing but made suggestions based on my preferences and situation, likes, dislikes and budget opposed to what would put the most money in the register.

I walked out with an ARO 1500, Kanger Aerotank 2, some smooth criminal juice and a LOT more knowledge of vaping than when i walked in.

I setup the tank and battery and started vaping. Wow! Now we are getting somewhere! Talk about a much better experience!

I thought after that i would start doing a little research and stumbled across ECF. I read and lurked and lurked and read. I figured if the vv/vw battery was good then a mod might be an even better experience.

The research started. I devoured every bit of info i could and settled on a Provari. My wallet however said no so i started researching more affordable first mods. I decided on an Innokin SVD 2.0 and waited for it to drop into the market.....and waited, and waited, and waited some more. I finally got tired of waiting and went for my second choice of the Sigelei zmax v5.

Order placed and 2 days later it arrived. I picked up some Sony vtc4's and a Luc v4 from Ahlusion while i was waiting so the batteries were charged and ready to go when the mod came out of the mailbox.

I set it up, screwed on the tank, hit the button and changed my vaping world. THIS is what it is supposed to be like. For the first time since i quit smoking i don't want to go back to an analog because the experience is finally fulfilling enough to make me prefer vaping over smoking. The right mod, the right tank to set the draw to my preference and the right juice (Ahlusion Just Criminal for me) made ALL the difference.

I wish i would have figured it out sooner because i wasted a lot of money on cheap kits, cheap tanks, cheap batteries and bad juice before i did. I am scared to add it up but i am estimating i could have bought 3 Provaris.

Total cost to start the right way:
Sigelei zmax v5 $52
2 Sony VTC4's $19
Efest Luc v4 $40

I previously spent more than that in 2 months replacing cheap tanks and failed batteries just to keep having a mediocre experience.

Is the Sigelei the best mod out there? No, but it worked for me. Will i upgrade? Yes, But the Sigelei will be kept around not only as a backup but also as a reminder of what made me not want to go back to smoking after so many failed attempts to quit and bad experiences with bottom of the barrel equipment.

Ymmv but that is what worked for me. Hopefully there is something in there that can help you achieve your goals as well. Don't be afraid to spend a little more up front for better equipment. You will get better results and be less likely to give up than if you bought a cheap kit.

My goal is to keep reducing the nic level until i can completely cut it out and then vape 0mg nic juice because i enjoy it, not because my body needs it.

I am tucking away what i would have spent on cigarettes daily in a jar (minus what i spend on juice out of that fund) and when i have enough i am rewarding myself with a new P3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread