My mod never leaves my hand

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by ESPtheV, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ESPtheV

ESPtheV Full Member

My wife just brought to my attention that I vape way more than I smoked. It's true! It seems like I always have my mod either in my hand or no more than 2 feet away from me at any given time.

It's been a little over 2 months since I've had an analog so I'm fairly new to vaping, but I was wondering if anyone else never lets go of their mod like me. Am I overdoing it?

2. xanderxman

xanderxman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My mod is in my hand or I am asleep. You are not over doing it. If it keeps you from smoking then it is working.

I haven't smoked in over 18 months and I now have a mod sewn to my hand when I am awake. I love it and so does my family. My wife prefers the smell of fresh baked cookies over burned tobacco any day. :D

3. DetraMental

DetraMental Vaping Master ECF Veteran

It is very normal to vape constantly in the beginning. I know I did. I kept my pv/e-cig in my hand nearly 24/7 and never out of my sight. You'll slow down eventually. Nicotine is absorbed differently vaping than it was smoking, it takes longer. You'll get the same nic level in your blood via vaping in 35 minutes that you would from a cigarette which delivers nicotine within 5 minutes. At least this is what I read in the study I have posted in my blog if you care to read it. :) No worries, you are doing what most of us do or have done. Happy vaping!

4. Hypatia

Hypatia Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm 3 months in, and unless I'm out of the house, my vape is almost always in hand. At the very least it is within arm's reach. Yeah, I vape a lot. Still beats smoking.

I think those lanyards for around your neck are useless. I need to design some sort of mitt that affixes my Reo to my hand instead. Much more useful :laugh:.

5. bali.loop

bali.loop Full Member

+1

My husband pointed out the same thing, and has taken to calling my ego a Sonic(screwdriver). I guess I've even started waving it a bit as I talk to emphasize points. If I am awake, it's in my hand. If asleep, its on the night stand.

Blah, who is to say you are over doing it? It beats the hell outta chain smoking anyday :p

6. Steelgirl

Steelgirl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    And it's in your hand... Not between your fingers. I thought that would have been tough getting used to not having an analog between my fingers. Weird how easily I got away from that. I didn't walk around with that fantom analog between my first and second finger..
    Yes to keeping your device sewn to your hand !!

7. Elizabeth Baldwin

Elizabeth Baldwin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm a chain vapor....and I love it. I think vaping is much, much better than smoking. I was 20 year, pack and a half a day smoker.

:vapor: :vapor: :vapor:

8. RoseB

RoseB Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mine is pretty much in my hand all day :) I set it aside if the need arises. Going for an hour or 2 without a vape isn't all that painful...unlike going without a cigarette ;)

9. JaxMike

JaxMike Super Member ECF Veteran

Yep. It's really, really addictive. I guess that's okay. (?)

10. jensy

jensy Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    There's worse things you could keep in your hand . Vape on and hold it proud !

11. Completely Average

Completely Average Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I'm never more than a couple of feet away from mine. I even keep it on the nightstand so I can grab it before I get out of bed in the morning.

12. 2naphish

2naphish Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    i still feel the same panic if my vape isn't working right or low batteries or have less than a weeks supply of juice. just like when i smoked and realized i would come up 2 cigs short before getting off work and have to drive like mad to the first store . i guess i am hopelessly addicted to something. this so much better for me! i can't believe the difference in my health and attitude.

now i am in the habit of carrying 3 mods, a couple of extra batteries and plenty of juice when i leave the house and am proud of my addiction... best of luck with yours <*}}}>{

13. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Porch Dripper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    It is close by for the most. I want to slow down it just being to easy to get to. I want to get to my urge point myself before I grab...

14. nodpaige

nodpaige Senior Member ECF Veteran

Yes my mod stays with me at all times in my hand, in my lap, or right beside me on my desk. When I shower its even in the bathroom wit me. I love this beats smoking any day of the week.

15. classwife

classwife Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I always have a few PVs within reach :facepalm:

16. Mousey

Mousey Senior Member ECF Veteran

Beats holding a cancer stick between your fingers all day :)
    I'm constantly vaping, can't beat being sat in a cloud of vapour :)

17. MotherNatural

MotherNatural Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

a cabin in the woods Southern Appalachians
    I quit smoking because I had one burning in the ashtray all day and just couldn't stand all that smoke floating around. I only took a couple of drags off of each analog but then it sat there spewing out nasty smoke until it went out. Then I lit another one and put it in the ashtray to burn. Gross. My nose burned, sinuses were inflamed and everything I owned reeked. Yes, my mod is in my hand all day. Being only 34 days in…today I don't care. It's so very much nicer than all that noxious smoke rolling around my house, car, and body. And so much nicer to have it there at the ready to grab a few quick vapes rather than having one smolder in the ashtray just in case I wanted a drag. One day I hope to be able to put it down. But that's not today. Yet.

18. Whatnametouse

Whatnametouse Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This makes me feel much better...thought I may be over-doing it...

19. Saganite

Saganite Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    What I eventually did was limit myself in the house to vaping in my office. Granted, I work from home so spend all day most okays in my office but it does create time each day when I'm not vaping since if I'm in my office and not typing, it's in my hand.

That said, I wouldn't worry about it in the beginning. Whatever keeps you off the analogs at first.

20. John1016

John1016 Full Member

This is exactly how I feel. I am slowly getting more and more juice(months worth) and always keep 2-4 tanks on me along with 2vw mods and an extra battery. Hard to bum a vape, so I keep myself stocked incase something dies/breaks.

On topic, I vape alot more than I smoked, but I feel that it is fine because I haven't had a smoke in almost a month :). If it keeps you from smoking than vape on :vapor:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.