My mod never leaves my hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
I have kind of gone through a process:

When I began vaping, I pretty much only vaped where I would have smoked.

As I became more accustomed to vaping ion many places that I could never have smoked, I really became a "chain vaper"

As I became used to vaping in a greater variety of places, I slowly "scaled back", and although I still vape a lot, it is not nearly as often as at first, still more frequently than when I smoked however.

:vapor::vapor:Hi, I'm new to the Forum. I quit smoking on 11/04/2013 after 43 years of supporting Phillip Morris and have my vape with me constantly. I even carry a spare charged up vv twist just in case. I have found that as time goes on I am actually vaping less and less. My job does not allow any type of tobacco products to be used on campus. I can guaranty that if I were still using analogs, I would be leaving the worksite during lunch to smoke, but since I have switched, I find it easier to manage NOT smoking after meals. So, I wouldn't worry about how much you vape at this point. If you want to reduce the nicotine over time so that the actual addiction is reduced or eliminated that is fine. I am pretty sure I would vape without the nicotine. I love it.

Danderdude

Verified Member
Mar 2, 2014
Central Texas
I'm 3 days into vaping now, and have noticed a few things myself:
After a cigarette I was satisfied for an hour or better. The constant urge to pick up the Vamo is going to really make it hard to go smoke-free on weekends when I work on my home business enterprise that requires both hands busy constantly, or at least as often as possible. This smokepole is just requiring use too often. I've got some things ordered that will hopefully increase vapor volume, as one workaround, before going up go 2.4%+ juice from 1.8%.

Another odd issue is how unbroken my day is becoming. I'm not going outside, walking around, stretching and such. I accidentally stayed up 2 hours past my normal bedtime last night. All I have to do is sit inside and constantly nurse a stainless teat...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My wife just brought to my attention that I vape way more than I smoked. It's true! It seems like I always have my mod either in my hand or no more than 2 feet away from me at any given time.

It's been a little over 2 months since I've had an analog so I'm fairly new to vaping, but I was wondering if anyone else never lets go of their mod like me. Am I overdoing it?

I dunno?

How do you feel when you Go Someplace where you Can't Vape?

For me, Switching was Primarily about Health. But I also Didn't Like the Monkey that was on My Back making me Dependent on Cigarettes.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
My PV was glued to my hand the first few months. Now it's always within arms reach. I'm finding I "want" to vape far more than I "need" to vape. It's more of a physical habit than an addiction. :banana:

On my 6 month day I tried a lil experiment. After my morning coffee/vape I wanted to see how long it would take me to "need" it.
I'm not sure if need ever happened... I reached over and hit it between rounds on a game I was playing...out of habit not want.

Heisenberg0914

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
NY
10 days analog free and I am vaping like a mad man ! I was getting headaches from vaping my 18mg so much due to being in love with Suicide Bunny OB that I went and purchased 2 additional tanks. 18mg tank , 0mg tank and I cut the 18 with the 0 and have a 9mg tank. I rotate accordingly throughout the day and now I am much better.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
My wife just brought to my attention that I vape way more than I smoked. It's true! It seems like I always have my mod either in my hand or no more than 2 feet away from me at any given time.

It's been a little over 2 months since I've had an analog so I'm fairly new to vaping, but I was wondering if anyone else never lets go of their mod like me. Am I overdoing it?

That is a common experience with most of us.

It is also a factor in people tending to reduce nicotine strength of the liquid they vape.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
It was turning into a sort of adult pacifier so I worked at breaking the habit of always needing it in-hand. I think I did that at around a year. Now I leave it lay on purpose because I was getting anxious without it in-hand in situations where I never missed smoking. It was so bad I actually thought of getting candy suckers to substitute for it... not good... so I broke myself of it.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
It is very normal to vape constantly in the beginning. I know I did. I kept my pv/e-cig in my hand nearly 24/7 and never out of my sight. You'll slow down eventually. Nicotine is absorbed differently vaping than it was smoking, it takes longer. You'll get the same nic level in your blood via vaping in 35 minutes that you would from a cigarette which delivers nicotine within 5 minutes. At least this is what I read in the study I have posted in my blog if you care to read it. :) No worries, you are doing what most of us do or have done. Happy vaping!

My experience was just the opposite.
Former 30 year 2packaday smoker here.
At first, an 'ecig' was just a replacement for a cig; I would go for a smokebreak, and have a cup of coffee while I e-smoked.
But gradually, I would just take an occasional puff anytime;

there's no lighting a cig; there's no startup; there's no cig to go out; so it's a natural thing to just vape anytime anywhere; snuck up on me. Of course, having a good eliq and good setup also helps.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I'm 3 days into vaping now, and have noticed a few things myself:
After a cigarette I was satisfied for an hour or better. The constant urge to pick up the Vamo is going to really make it hard to go smoke-free on weekends when I work on my home business enterprise that requires both hands busy constantly, or at least as often as possible. This smokepole is just requiring use too often. I've got some things ordered that will hopefully increase vapor volume, as one workaround, before going up go 2.4%+ juice from 1.8%.

Another odd issue is how unbroken my day is becoming. I'm not going outside, walking around, stretching and such. I accidentally stayed up 2 hours past my normal bedtime last night. All I have to do is sit inside and constantly nurse a stainless teat...

I am pretty sure alot of people can attest to this; it's something to watch out for; vaping tends to keep you up

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It was turning into a sort of adult pacifier so I worked at breaking the habit of always needing it in-hand. I think I did that at around a year. Now I leave it lay on purpose because I was getting anxious without it in-hand in situations where I never missed smoking. It was so bad I actually thought of getting candy suckers to substitute for it... not good... so I broke myself of it.

Yeah... Breaking the "Always in the Hand" thing was to Me, the Key to Being able to use an e-Cigarette the same and then Less than I did when I Smoked.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
BTW - Here is Something I posted awhile back. Perhaps if Someone wants to Reduce the Amount they use an e-Cigarette they might try it.

zoiDman said:
Not a Debate or an Opinion. Just something that Happened to me Related to Teaching and School.

-----

I teach at a college and Many of my students know that I am a former Smoker who now uses e-Cigarettes. I had a student two semesters ago ask if he could vape During class? I told him No.

He was polite but wanted to know what the reason was. I told him that our College has a No e-Cigarette use policy on campus Policy (Parking Lots and Cars is Fine) so it really wasn’t my decision to make.

I asked him if he could get through a Two Hour class without taking a hit of his e-Cigarette? He said “Yeah, But I think about it All the Time.” I asked him if he had his PV with him right now and he pulled out an eGo from his Shirt Pocket.

I told him that Maybe he wouldn’t think about it so much if he Didn’t carry his PV to class? I asked him try something. To leave his PV in his car when he came to my class and see if it helped. He kinda looked at me funny but said he would try it.

I never said anything else to him about it but for the next couple of weeks every time I would come into class I would look at him and Wink while I pointed at my Shirt Pocket. I think the rest of the class though I was Crazy.

On the day of the Mid-Term, the student said he wanted to talk with me after class. After all the exams were turned in he told me that he had been leaving his PV in his car when he was on campus. He said that he wasn’t constantly thinking about taking a Hit or Stealth Vaping much anymore. And that he could concentrate more not only on my class but All his classes. I told him that was Great because he was somewhat struggling with the course material in my class. (Some people just have a hard time with Math.)

He also said that he was starting to leave his PV in his car when he went to the Mall, to Movies and to Restaurants.

I didn’t talk much with him for the rest of the semester. When I did it was always about some Math Concepts.

About the last week of classes I was getting out of my car when I saw a Student running towards me waving their arms a shouting something. Trust me. A student Waving their Arms and Shouting is Seldom a Good Thing. But it was my student and he had this Big ....ty Grin on his face.

He told me that two days ago he got to campus and realized that he had left his PV at home. He said that he was going to drive home after his Chem class to get it. But after class he had gone to the Library to study Math and it was about a Hour into his studying until he realized that he still didn’t have his PV. He decided just to stay on campus and study Instead of going home for the PV. That this was the first time in a Year of vaping that he had Not Freaked Out or Rushed home to get his PV.

He went on to say that he didn’t Stealth Vape anymore and if he was busy doing something, that he could go for Hours before he “Needed” to take a Hit. He was so Animated and kept wanting to shake my hand.

He ended up getting a “C” in the class. But when I saw him the following semester he said he wanted a “B” but was OK with the Grade because he learned something Very Important. And it didn’t have Anything to do with Math.

---

The Thread is Closed else I would have Quoted it Directly.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...50-kids-skipping-class-smoke.html#post5751420

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread