n00b who just wants to make big clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
You're kidding right?
We all started as noobs at one point if we take the time to educate people, it won't go bad. Having someone run to a B&M with no idea what they are doing at all and them purchasing an able mod with a goon rda because the store wants their money and don't care is exactly what gives this industry the bad publicity with people blowing their mods up in their face. Hence why I recommended the devices and the ohms law calculator like I did.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
Ok. If I did get an RTA (I'm leaning more towards an RDA now after your and Don's comments) could I dilute the VG with water instead of pg? I've seen some others doing this but I'm unsure of the results and if its recommended.
I've heard of it being done but have never tried it myself most people use PG flavoring and the percentages of flavorings cuts the juice to where it need be and truthfully it doesn't make it harsh at a 30/70vg mix it's when you get down around 50/50 or 70Pg/30 VG that it starts getting scratchy

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
motivation ... this could be you :blink:

cloudvaping.jpg

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I started smoking because I was a head taller than everyone, and I wanted to stop growing, I read in an article that smoking stunts growth, so I started smoking hoping that side effect was true.

I ended up addicted, with breathing problems and more.. and 32 years later found vaping as a way to get off the smokes.

Vaping is less harmful than smoking, but it is not without its own harms, many of them we don't yet know.

Basically, your coating your healthy lungs with an oil product..

So that what? Your cool? Smoking never made me cool, and it didn't stunt my growth either..still tall.. all it every did was make me sick..

If your friends don't like who you are, for who you are, they aren't worth being friends with.

Back in the day there was a certain weed people liked to smoke, and I never did partake, but the people I hung around with did and they totally respected that I did not, and they passed the funky weed past me when it came around the room.. totally cool, because they liked who I was, and I liked and respected who they were.. no questions asked.

If you are trying to get in with people who don't like and respect who you are, without coating healthy lungs with oil products, or anything else that they enjoy doing, then seriously, find some better people to be friends with.

That's my noob advice.

Last edited:

zerglingzealot

Mar 23, 2017
I started smoking because I was a head taller than everyone, and I wanted to stop growing, I read in an article that smoking stunts growth, so I started smoking hoping that side effect was true.

I ended up addicted, with breathing problems and more.. and 32 years later found vaping as a way to get off the smokes.

Vaping is less harmful than smoking, but it is not without its own harms, many of them we don't yet know.

Basically, your coating your healthy lungs with an oil product..

So that what? Your cool? Smoking never made me cool, and it didn't stunt my growth either..still tall.. all it every did was make me sick..

If your friends don't like who you are, for who you are, they aren't worth being friends with.

Back in the day there was a certain weed people liked to smoke, and I never did partake, but the people I hung around with did and they totally respected that I did not, and they passed the funky weed past me when it came around the room.. totally cool, because they liked who I was, and I liked and respected who they were.. no questions asked.

If you are trying to get in with people who don't like and respect who you are, without coating healthy lungs with oil products, or anything else that they enjoy doing, then seriously, find some better people to be friends with.

That's my noob advice.
Thanks for your advice. Perhaps I should have worded my initial post a little differently, I'll clarify here. No one is pressuring me to vape. I think it looks cool, the tricks people do look cool. Obviously putting something other than air in my lungs is NOT the healthiest option. I'm aware of that and it's certainly a valid thing to consider. But I'm also an adult and curious about what vaping is like. If I am indeed going to do this, I want to gather as much info as I can so I do it in the safest and most well-informed way possible. Your experience is sobering, I thank you for sharing more than just a simple "don't do it."

Thumpszilla

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
We all started as noobs at one point if we take the time to educate people, it won't go bad. Having someone run to a B&M with no idea what they are doing at all and them purchasing an able mod with a goon rda because the store wants their money and don't care is exactly what gives this industry the bad publicity with people blowing their mods up in their face. Hence why I recommended the devices and the ohms law calculator like I did.
What's wrong with a goon? I have been vaping 4yrs didn't take the advice of a b&m and own 3 goons. They have great build decks you can use anything from regular claptons to large braids in them and they work great day in and day out.

As far as you have never smoked you don't need to vape. You are an adult make your own decisions just make sure it is an educated one. Buy quality gear especially batteries and do your homework when it come to building coils. The alien is a great mod I carry one all day long with a lost art goon RDA at .101 ohms. There is alot of good info here and a few that think they know everything there is to know. So don't just take advice from one source cause none of us know it all.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Don29palms

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks for your advice. Perhaps I should have worded my initial post a little differently, I'll clarify here. No one is pressuring me to vape. I think it looks cool, the tricks people do look cool. Obviously putting something other than air in my lungs is NOT the healthiest option. I'm aware of that and it's certainly a valid thing to consider. But I'm also an adult and curious about what vaping is like. If I am indeed going to do this, I want to gather as much info as I can so I do it in the safest and most well-informed way possible. Your experience is sobering, I thank you for sharing more than just a simple "don't do it."

Start small.. if your going to start, if you want to know what it's like.. your putting something into your lungs.. it's going to make you cough, it's going to make your ability to breathe worse (your breathing will become more labored..it's only opposite that in long term smokers)

Try a small set up first.. lower wattage, a flavor chaser.. that will get you used to vaping - before you take on higher wattages and cloud chasing...

That's my advice to anyone just starting vaping.. it usually takes a while to get used to it.

zerglingzealot

Mar 23, 2017
What's wrong with a goon? I have been vaping 4yrs didn't take the advice of a b&m and own 3 goons. They have great build decks you can use anything from regular claptons to large braids in them and they work great day in and day out.

As far as you have never smoked you don't need to vape. You are an adult make your own decisions just make sure it is an educated one. Buy quality gear especially batteries and do your homework when it come to building coils. The alien is a great mod I carry one all day long with a lost art goon RDA at .101 ohms. There is alot of good info here and a few that think they know everything there is to know. So don't just take advice from one source cause none of us know it all.

Thank you. If there's one thing I've learned from this thread it's that there's a lot of different opinions here. I plan to keep gathering info and start looking into various RDAs/mods/etc. and come back here for a second (and third, and so on) opinion.

zerglingzealot

Mar 23, 2017

Thank you. If there's one thing I've learned from this thread it's that there's a lot of different opinions here. I plan to keep gathering info and start looking into various RDAs/mods/etc. and come back here for a second (and third, and so on) opinion.

zerglingzealot

Mar 23, 2017
Start small.. if your going to start, if you want to know what it's like.. your putting something into your lungs.. it's going to make you cough, it's going to make your ability to breathe worse (your breathing will become more labored..it's only opposite that in long term smokers)

Try a small set up first.. lower wattage, a flavor chaser.. that will get you used to vaping - before you take on higher wattages and cloud chasing...

That's my advice to anyone just starting vaping.. it usually takes a while to get used to it.
Thank you. I know this must be awkward for you having the experiences you've had talking to a n00b about this. I was thinking of getting something that can output in an adjustable wattage/voltage range and ramping up gradually.

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thank you. I know this must be awkward for you having the experiences you've had talking to a n00b about this. I was thinking of getting something that can output in an adjustable wattage/voltage range and ramping up gradually.

It's not awkward.. I have kids. My son smokes - been trying to get him into vaping so he too can stop smoking.. I'm good at giving advice no one listens too until they come back later and say, "I should have listened to you!".. hahaha..

You are correct however, variable voltage is important.. get something that goes as low as 5 volts (or around 10 watts) and goes up from there, that will give you the range you will both need, and later desire.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
With all due respect, I could ask you the same question. I understand there are health risks, there are health risks in breathing in the air in my city and the caffeine in the coffee I drink. Your concern is valid, but I came to discuss and get answers to my questions.
I smoked cigarettes for 42 years. I have been smoke free for four years now. My wife has been smoke free for 4 years as well but she remains on oxygen full time due to smoking for many years before vaping even existed. Yes you may breath in bad air in a city but it is unlikely you put your lips on an exhaust pipe of a car and breath it in. Any other questions? LOL

Last edited:

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
That is some nice hardware you have there. :blink: If you wouldn't mind, could I get the description in layman's terms?
This is a large RDA made by a company called Cloud Chasers Inc or CCI it is 30mm wide build deck and the coils that are in it are fused claptons which is 2 strands of 24gauge wire side by side that is then wrapped with 36 gauge wire to create what looks like a guitar string and when I said they are in series if you look at the center there is a section of wire between the coils this makes the two coils act like one big coil it keeps the ohm of the coil higher allowing me to run 4 coils but keep an ohm rate of 2 coils so that it stays in a safe parameter for use on my 8.4 volt mechanical box mod.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana

I wasn't downing a goon RDA I was using it in reference along with an AV able mech mod as exactly what a noobie looking to blow massive clouds that has no previous knowledge of battery safety, ohms law, or building would be sold by a shop that could care less what their experience was, it was a sale, and then he winds up on the news as having blown his mod up in his face. I was offering up advice about regulated devices, batteries and charger along with an ohms law calculator app and researching ohms law before trying to build and someone commented sarcastically about how this basically had disaster written on it. So I made the noobie post that you quoted as a reason to take the time to educate people before they look to purchase a device that's all. My opinion is that someone new to the vape scene, asking questions is a sign that they are looking to make an intelligent decision instead of an impulse purchase, I also believe the only stupid question is the one that you didn't ask and will be the one that gets you hurt with the number of us that have been in the vape game for years what's wrong with educating others looking for information? if we can prevent bad publicity from another noobie mech mod tragedy by passing on veteran insight why wouldn't we you know. Instead let's make comments like oh this is a disaster in the making or something smart-... like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread