The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Big clouds?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Metmorfin, Apr 10, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Metmorfin

Metmorfin Full Member

Apr 9, 2020
    The Netherlands
    Okay so right now I'm using the smok nord 19 aio with a 1,4ohm coil, 20pg/80vg Veep mixed fruits flavour, with 3mg nicotine, a 60pg/40vg vampire vape blood sukka with 12mg nicotine, and a flavourtec coconut cream 70%PG / 30%VG with 18mg nicotine, I ordered some new ones. With different pg/vg ratio's, and a new coil 0.6ohm ceramic

I know I should probably get a mod for big clouds, but I'm sticking with this for now

I hope to hear some advice soon

Thank you

2. Mordacai

Mordacai Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    If you're searching for clouds @Metmorfin. You'll need a Tank/Atomiser, mod, battery charger and some batteries.

I presume you'll want to use drop in coils?

3. Metmorfin

Metmorfin Full Member

Apr 9, 2020
    The Netherlands
    Any suggestions for a reasonable budget? And yeah drop in coils preferred, but if I can get more vapour without it than I think I could spend some of my spare time finding out how to do that

4. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    For more clouds you need:
    Low resistance coils (under 1 0hm)
    high vg juice
    and of course a mod that supports both of these.

Honestly doubt you'll get intense clouds with such a small beginner kit, but who knows.

5. Metmorfin

Metmorfin Full Member

Apr 9, 2020
    The Netherlands
    I ordered coils under 1 ohm, and have high vg juice, just not the mod, I'll see later today when they arrive

6. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Clouds -
    A dual battery box mod capable of at least 100 watts
    A 24mm RDA
    Big coils with lots of surface area, the resistance is irrelevant
    High VG juice
    Big lungs

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Marper

Marper Moved On

May 20, 2019
    I'm very impressed by the smoant taggerz 200w mod,its a dual 18650 battery mod and very lightweight, I'm using a fatality m25 rta and yeah, big clouds.
    I only vape high vg as pg chokes me.
    You could use any tank on the taggerz, for stock coils and clouds I recommend the freemax fireluke 2,fantastic tank.
    But to fine tune your vape it's best to learn how to build an rta.
    When I go outside, or when I can because of the lockdown I use a serpent mini single coil for stealth because right now you don't want to be out and creating massive clouds, yeah I had some dirty looks last week, stay safe and be stealthy outside if you have to go shopping and welcome.

8. Marper

Marper Moved On

May 20, 2019
    For really big clouds you need an rda, I don't like dripping myself so I use squonk mods for my rdas, one that I find is very good, the dovpo topside dual squonk regulated 18650 batteries but a bit on the expensive side,about 60 UK and you need 100 percent vg.

9. tyler82

tyler82 Full Member

Apr 10, 2020
    I want bigger clouds.
    I have got Vaporesso Tarot baby mod but unhappy with the factory-fitted atomizer so decide to try Brunhilde MTL RTA wich is great for big clouds as well. My first priority is the big clouds then the flavour. Coil lifespan and battery consumption i do not care.
    However i just can not decide wich wire shall i try with my mod+atomizer combo. I was decided to try Ni80 (26g X 2 + 36g), core: 26gax2 parallel, outer 36ga 0.40Ω(±0.04ohm) but i just can not find out the AWG value of this wire. How can i find this out?

10. Marper

Marper Moved On

May 20, 2019
    You have the g rating already 26g inner and 36g outer, as you are mtl it severely limits the clouds, some members on this forum get decent clouds with mtl but it's not my thing,head over to rtas or tanks for info on mtls

11. tyler82

tyler82 Full Member

Apr 10, 2020
    But how can i calculate with these values? 26inner and 36outer?
    Lets say my target is 0.35OHM. Regarding an AWG chart i need around 3,2cm long wire. (26AWG = 0.35OHM -→3,2cm) but what about 36g value then? Is that any formula to calculate an average value regarding the whole wire?

12. Marper

Marper Moved On

May 20, 2019
    You could try steam engine and state your wire is Clapton but to be honest the wire you have is a pretty straightforward standard size for Clapton coils and a dual 5 wrap will be above 0.3 ohms depending on where you got the wire from ,good luck and stay away from the stinkies and welcome

13. Marper

Marper Moved On

May 20, 2019
    And to be honest I don't really bother now with the value, I build my coils and if they are above 0.2 ohms that's good enough for me, I do however take extra care when building flatwire coils in ss316 as they can be very low ohm especially when its 22g,above all stay safe and if it works it works.

14. tyler82

tyler82 Full Member

Apr 10, 2020
    Be honest i do not have much experience on building coils. I was using pre build mesh coils on my mod until now. They were between 0,15 and 0,4 OHMs

15. Marper

Marper Moved On

May 20, 2019
    I think you will be perfectly fine with a 5 wrap, try it out, see what the build comes in at, remember mods are not perfect in the ohms department, I do have a dedicated ohms reader for coils and I use it for my flatwire builds, the thing is to be safe, if it reads above 0.2/3 and you are using a regulated mod just enjoy your build, but in no circumstances do that with a mech mod, you have to be sure of the battery tpd rating and you really would need an ohms tester

16. tyler82

tyler82 Full Member

Apr 10, 2020
    Okay. Will try 5 wraps first. Will see how is working.:)

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.