Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Maybe this is not the best place to raise this issue I am having but is almost the only thread I interact in and I know many of you make your own home made NETs which means you purchase flavorless nicotine juice and PG/Vg and must be reasonably happy with it and your end product.

I have only ever used two products involving flavorless nicotine juice (pg/Vg with nicotine) to mix my home made NETs. One was a bottle of VG 48 mg nicotine which was gifted to me by Scarf-ace and the second was some flavorless pg/Vg juices at 18mg and 24mg which I purchased from Health Cabin. (The bottle given to me by Scarf-ace was thrown out a long time ago. That stuff burned my nose hairs just sniffing it).

Both products have made me sick and I assume it comes down to excessive levels of nicotine. I am absolutely sure I mixed my juices correctly given the straight forward arithmetic in getting the desired nicotine levels in the completed mixed product.

Not only have these products made me feel sick but the throat hit just doesn't feel right either. It isn't the same full 'spikey' throat hit I get from most commercial liquids but a more smoother, unsatisfying throat hit. In order to combat what I speculated was understated nicotine levels on the bottle I mixed a batch at 4mg nicotine based on the stated Nic levels which is 3 times less nicotine than what I would use in the devices and wattage I was vaping at. Yet still it seemed these mixtures were making me ill and I could swear it felt like 12 mg nicotine.

It's bad enough that my home made nets have turned out mediocre but the bad nicotine is making it worse. I am starting to think the flavorless PGVG nicotine juice is a contributing factor. It could be the MAIN factor.

So basically my question(s) is, has anyone else had negative experiences with nicotine juice they use to mix with their NET extractions and what nicotine products should I be looking for? I remember a while back Billherst spoke about various types of nicotines in this thread and he seemed to understand the differences and quality in nicotine products, how they are extracted (nicotine that is , not NETa) and the kind of throat hit to expect.

If not the nicotine, can PG and VG come in different grades of quality that make a difference to the vaping experience? Can they go off and make you sick?

I know we have some home made NET makers here and I have asked a mouthful of questions. Even if you advise me as to where you get your nicotine flavorless juices from that might point me in the right direction to at least steer away from bad nicotine products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony, I've tried a lot of different brands of Nicotine but I stayed with Wizard Labs. Consistently good stuff. I've used the same PG & VG for years and I've never had a bad experience.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Yes, its true. I have never tried a pipe and perhaps i would love it. Vaping a pipe or a cigar juice is without regrets. I dont want to know all the great tobaccos of the whole world because it could be that it could be a big pleasure to smoke them but i dont want to smoke.
But you now have a lot of them to vape.

And easier access as the guys doing the extracts did the leg work for you, and without all the legal hurdles for shipping tobacco.

Years ago I had a great Turkish. Never could get it later. Not in the quantities I could afford to gamble on. I've recently found some great Turkish NETs though. The extractors buy pounds of the stuff while I wanted just a few ounces.

When I moved to a new state, no one had my regular smoke. But to get it direct and/or make shipping reasonable I'd have to buy 25 lbs at a time and manage to store it.
Now a shop could sell that each week, 1 lb would last me 3 months.

Just a note, since pipes and cigars are not normally inhaled, the health affects are quite different.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Maybe this is not the best place to raise this issue I am having but is almost the only thread I interact in and I know many of you make your own home made NETs which means you purchase flavorless nicotine juice and PG/Vg and must be reasonably happy with it and your end product.

I have only ever used two products involving flavorless nicotine juice (pg/Vg with nicotine) to mix my home made NETs. One was a bottle of VG 48 mg nicotine which was gifted to me by Scarf-ace and the second was some flavorless pg/Vg juices at 18mg and 24mg which I purchased from Health Cabin. (The bottle given to me by Scarf-ace was thrown out a long time ago. That stuff burned my nose hairs just sniffing it).

Both products have made me sick and I assume it comes down to excessive levels of nicotine. I am absolutely sure I mixed my juices correctly given the straight forward arithmetic in getting the desired nicotine levels in the completed mixed product.

Not only have these products made me feel sick but the throat hit just doesn't feel right either. It isn't the same full 'spikey' throat hit I get from most commercial liquids but a more smoother, unsatisfying throat hit. In order to combat what I speculated was understated nicotine levels on the bottle I mixed a batch at 4mg nicotine based on the stated Nic levels which is 3 times less nicotine than what I would use in the devices and wattage I was vaping at. Yet still it seemed these mixtures were making me ill and I could swear it felt like 12 mg nicotine.

It's bad enough that my home made nets have turned out mediocre but the bad nicotine is making it worse. I am starting to think the flavorless PGVG nicotine juice is a contributing factor. It could be the MAIN factor.

So basically my question(s) is, has anyone else had negative experiences with nicotine juice they use to mix with their NET extractions and what nicotine products should I be looking for? I remember a while back Billherst spoke about various types of nicotines in this thread and he seemed to understand the differences and quality in nicotine products, how they are extracted (nicotine that is , not NETa) and the kind of throat hit to expect.

If not the nicotine, can PG and VG come in different grades of quality that make a difference to the vaping experience? Can they go off and make you sick?

I know we have some home made NET makers here and I have asked a mouthful of questions. Even if you advise me as to where you get your nicotine flavorless juices from that might point me in the right direction to at least steer away from bad nicotine products.

Not sure what is available to you in Oz, I have nic from My Freedom Smokes, Wizard Labs, and Nude Nicotine. Did you use a calculator like ejuicemeup to figure your ratios/amounts of nic/pg/vg/extract to use? Higher pg will give more throat hit and to me a harsher vape, vg will give more vapor, which doesn't matter to me, but it is (to me) smoother. I know this isn't the answer you want, but I strongly suggest an ejuice calculator.

I was part of an nic test where we vaped unflavored, several nic vendors, our own ratios of nic/pg/vg and wrote our comparisons. Nude Nic seemed to be the winner for tasteless, smooth vaping.

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Even if you advise me as to where you get your nicotine flavorless juices from that might point me in the right direction to at least steer away from bad nicotine products.

I use a german made base of pg, vg and nicotine. Its called avoria. Dont know it you can buy it international. There must be many good companies

Deutsche Liquid Basen 12mg/ml

Before this i have bought nicotine from:

E-Cigarettes | E-Cigs | E-Liquid | Totally Wicked Eliquid

Never had problems with feeling sick or something. Only with to much nicotine. If i buy a new product i am reading always customer reviews as much i can get.

Reactions: AnthonyB

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin

The first time I bought nic, PG, VG it was from Wizard Labs. There was enough of a throat hit to satisfy me with no bad things going on with it. I haven't tried other nics. I'm guessing you've seen this thread: Nicotine Comparisons

I browsed through it while wondering if there was greener grass on the other side of the fence. I ended up sticking with Wizard Labs. As clnire said, Nude Nicotine got good reviews but, it seemed that the throat hit was lacking. I need the throat hit.

After going through my first order of PG/VG from WL I tried Essential Depot mainly because of their package deals. I've also tried PG from Bull City Vapor. Though I used Essential's PG for the most part, in the extraction soak, I'm starting to lean towards Bull City. This based off of some extracts I mixed this weekend that just seemed a little better.

The only bad reaction I've had is with higher VG. Dehydrates me terribly and makes me feel weird. I mix/buy at 70PG/30VG.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
The first time I bought nic, PG, VG it was from Wizard Labs. There was enough of a throat hit to satisfy me with no bad things going on with it. I haven't tried other nics. I'm guessing you've seen this thread: Nicotine Comparisons

That's the thread! I was a member of the testing group.

The only bad reaction I've had is with higher VG. Dehydrates me terribly and makes me feel weird. I mix/buy at 70PG/30VG.

I have heard this from others. Also that VG gives a chest congestion/heavy feeling. I am the opposite. PG dehydrates me to the point I almost got myself hospitalized from drinking so much water, so I prefer 70% VG. No more problems (and I still drink a lot of water). But I am also one that can't take Diphenhydramine, the common drug in antihistamines and over the counter sleep aids. Most people it makes drowsy and sleepy, it wires me like an overdose of caffeine and I get tingly and restless. Oh well, I already know I am wierd..... o_O:blink::blush::facepalm:

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
That's the thread! I was a member of the testing group.

I have heard this from others. Also that VG gives a chest congestion/heavy feeling. I am the opposite. PG dehydrates me to the point I almost got myself hospitalized from drinking so much water, so I prefer 70% VG. No more problems (and I still drink a lot of water). But I am also one that can't take Diphenhydramine, the common drug in antihistamines and over the counter sleep aids. Most people it makes drowsy and sleepy, it wires me like an overdose of caffeine and I get tingly and restless. Oh well, I already know I am wierd..... o_O:blink::blush::facepalm:

Fine work by all the Test Groupers! Don't get me started on dehydration. My diabetes medicine helps me get rid of sugars through elimination which causes dehydration which causes me to drink a large amount of water...rinse and repeat.

Reactions: clnire

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
But I am also one that can't take Diphenhydramine, the common drug in antihistamines and over the counter sleep aids. Most people it makes drowsy and sleepy, it wires me like an overdose of caffeine and I get tingly and restless.

You sound like my wife.
The only person I've ever known that Sudafed (the real stuff, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride) knocks out after a brief (~15min) high.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
You don't mention the pg/vg ratios in question.
That can have significant effects on some people.

The commercial liquids you mention, are the NETs or artificial flavors?

Usually 50/50 but it can vary in ratio and still not make a difference to its effects on my body I.e high levels of nicotine.

I refer to mainly NET commercial liquids such as NET.com, goodejuice and Ethervapes which all have a good mouthfeel, good throat hit and never make me sick, even if I over vape.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Anthony, I've tried a lot of different brands of Nicotine but I stayed with Wizard Labs. Consistently good stuff. I've used the same PG & VG for years and I've never had a bad experience.

I know of Wizard labs and they don't deliver outside the U.S.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Not sure what is available to you in Oz, I have nic from My Freedom Smokes, Wizard Labs, and Nude Nicotine. Did you use a calculator like ejuicemeup to figure your ratios/amounts of nic/pg/vg/extract to use? Higher pg will give more throat hit and to me a harsher vape, vg will give more vapor, which doesn't matter to me, but it is (to me) smoother. I know this isn't the answer you want, but I strongly suggest an ejuice calculator.

I was part of an nic test where we vaped unflavored, several nic vendors, our own ratios of nic/pg/vg and wrote our comparisons. Nude Nic seemed to be the winner for tasteless, smooth vaping.

The arithmetic is pretty easy. If I have 24 mg Nic juice and want to make 6mg juice in a 10 ml bottle I simply put 2.5 mls or fill the bottle a 1/4 with the juice.

It's a bit hard to get nicotine high or sick of I am sticking with Nic juice 18-24 mg. I am using it to mix NETs I vape at about 9 -11 watts. I doubt PG or VG ratios will cause nicotine sickness either. Vg could provide a smoother throat hit but this stuff doesn't give me a good throat hit like some of the commercial NETs or synthetic NEts I have high VG.

I am starting to think Health Cabins Nic is poor.
Wizard labs is definitely the leading vendor in flavorless Nic products but unfortunately they don't deliver outside the U.S. I will need to find vendors who resell wizard labs flavorless Nic that deliver to Australia.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

I browsed through it while wondering if there was greener grass on the other side of the fence. I ended up sticking with Wizard Labs. As clnire said, Nude Nicotine got good reviews but, it seemed that the throat hit was lacking. I need the throat hit.

After going through my first order of PG/VG from WL I tried Essential Depot mainly because of their package deals. I've also tried PG from Bull City Vapor. Though I used Essential's PG for the most part, in the extraction soak, I'm starting to lean towards Bull City. This based off of some extracts I mixed this weekend that just seemed a little better.

It's a strange conundrum I am having. I Have actually
posed a similar question in the nicotine comparison thread and I got very vague answers which surprised
Me given the specialty topic of the thread. I have kind of half expected at least somebody somewhere to have experienced the poor Nic liquid and nicotine highs I've had from liquids that had inaccurate stated nicotine amounts on the label.

I wonder if there could be something up with the accuracy of stated nicotine levels in Chinese liquids.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
It's a strange conundrum I am having. I Have actually
posed a similar question in the nicotine comparison thread and I got very vague answers which surprised
Me given the specialty topic of the thread. I have kind of half expected at least somebody somewhere to have experienced the poor Nic liquid and nicotine highs I've had from liquids that had inaccurate stated nicotine amounts on the label.

I wonder if there could be something up with the accuracy of stated nicotine levels in Chinese liquids.

Anthony...not identical but I had some odd experiences, that I could never fully explain, during my first three attempts to stop smoking and start vaping.

I got some sort of nicotine od. Anxiety, over up, mild diarrhoea, headache. Lasted 2 days each time. Really horrible and put me back in the stinkies.

First time I was using 18mg. Next time 6mg. Final time 10mg.

Only possible explanations...bad nicotine, too long in sauna and steam room at gym somehow exasperating the nicotine or somehow interaction with my meds.

This time out I chain vape 6-12mg juice, including chain use of a freakshow mini and snapdragon in the evenings - no small amount of vapour. I go throug 5-10mls per day. Also standard tanks are now gs air and nautilis rather than ce4 and mini Novas.

These days I also happily get juice all over my hands when rewicking etc, I do rinse off but not n any rush.

Only differences no sauna/steam room, slight change to meds with what is a low dose of sedative like drug added, sticking to all nets except for manabush range.

Go figure...worst I get is slight headache on going to bed and occasional sensation similar to overuse of Nicorette inhalator.

One other explanation I did consider was some sort of accelerator in the juices...unlikely but who knows.

One particular line of juices I avoid as in 2 of the 3 instances I mention it was my main vape.

Certainly, without the other wta's in analogues, nicotine can have a very different effect on the individual.

Reactions: AnthonyB

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
I know of Wizard labs and they don't deliver outside the U.S.

Shipito.com !!!

Shipito.com

I have bought some cigars in the usa and cigarking has shipped it to my shipito adress in the us. From shipito to germany i have paid only 7 dollars. Without shipito a would have paid 40 dollars. Shipping coasts are very cheap and you have the choice of what kind of shipping you want at each package. You can also let put the bill away or you can buy at different vendors in the usa and let shipito put all together in one big package. Its really great if you are buying in the usa.

Last edited:

mansis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Costa Mesa,CA
The arithmetic is pretty easy. If I have 24 mg Nic juice and want to make 6mg juice in a 10 ml bottle I simply put 2.5 mls or fill the bottle a 1/4 with the juice.

It's a bit hard to get nicotine high or sick of I am sticking with Nic juice 18-24 mg. I am using it to mix NETs I vape at about 9 -11 watts. I doubt PG or VG ratios will cause nicotine sickness either. Vg could provide a smoother throat hit but this stuff doesn't give me a good throat hit like some of the commercial NETs or synthetic NEts I have high VG.

I am starting to think Health Cabins Nic is poor.
Wizard labs is definitely the leading vendor in flavorless Nic products but unfortunately they don't deliver outside the U.S. I will need to find vendors who resell wizard labs flavorless Nic that deliver to Australia.

myfreedomsmokes Shipping ships internationally. I have bought the 36 mg/ml from them. I am happy with the quality. Not a bad idea to keep them in mind, though shipito mentioned by jonnydoe above seems a nice idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread