Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
VG and other liquids on sale here:

We have close to 2 million Lbs. we're looking to move!

ask about our Best Price Guarantee!

26% off USP Vegetable Glycerin

Glycerin Prices after discount:

16oz. - - $2.90 / bottle

10 lb. jug - $9.91 / jug

50 lb. pail - $39.68 / pail

55 gallon drum ~ $.59 / lb.

4-55 gallon drums. ~ $.55 / lb.

72 drum truckload ~ $.50 / lb.

45000 lb. tank truck ~ $.385 / lb.

Simply use coupon code VGSALE at checkout this week only!

(This coupon offer is not valid with other coupon offers, custom quotes or other discounts. Expires Wednesday 11/16/2016 at midnight)

VG and PG Sale

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
Quick mention of Fistful of Burley from net.com

Superb, cigar but unusual, earthy and slightly sour. More than a hint of Clint Eastwood about this one.

All dayer, probably not. When you fancy something with real character in the evening then a definate yes.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
The Wide World Of Aromatics
Thursday, November 17, 2016 by Mary Walters
When most people think of aromatics, they often imagine the sweet scent of vanilla or caramel rising from their pipe and filling the room. While yes, quite a few blenders use caramel or vanilla in their mixtures, there's a whole world of aromatic tobaccos out there. Allow me to open the door to this world by breaking down the main types of aromatics popular today.

Lakeland Aromatics
Let's start with Lakeland aromatics. Named after a region in England and therefore being a traditional English style of aromatic, Lakeland blends are usually a mix of Virginias topped with spices, rum, and rose. This type of aromatic delivers a light and floral scent as well as a smooth and pleasant smoke. The most well-known producers of these types of tobaccos are Gawith & Hoggarth and Sam Gawith. Lakelands are fantastic blends but be warned, they are known to ghost pipes, so please make sure to designate a specific pipe for Lakelands.

Danish Aromatics
Next up is Danish style aromatics. These are usually Virginia-Burley blends topped with anything from fruit and spices to wine and nuts. They deliver a rich and full flavored smoke with a lovely room note. W.O. Larsen and Mac Baren are both excellent and have a variety of options to choose from. I absolutely love the Danish style aromatic but I would highly suggest taking it slow when smoking. Danish aromatics have the habit of being a bit bitey if smoked too quickly.

American Aromatics
Last but not least, American aromatics. These blends are mostly made up of Cavendish and Burleys and are usually topped with notes of caramel, chocolate, vanilla, honey, and rum. These mixtures are usually very, very mild and good for an all-day smoke. If you want something to satisfy your sweet tooth, go with an American style aromatic. Cornell & Diehl and Sutliff are both great places to start. My only advice with these blends would be to let them dry a little before you smoke. If too wet, they can get a bit goopy in the bowl.

So there you have it! The wonderful world of aromatics. Go forth and try some for yourself. You might find some blends you never thought you'd like! If you're looking for a place to start, check out our top 11 best-selling aromatic blends.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I must be an old fart. When I first visited this thread, Clay (carbonthief) was a regular contributor. Now he's one of the most talked about Vendors. And I have placed several orders from him, and his wares are quite good.
Luce ? Mt. Mann ? Scarface ? Hulamoon ? Mizzou ?
I guess I am just an old fart....
I am still a little outside the mainstream when it comes to NET's. I smoked aromatic cavendish blends, so I tend to vape light and flavorful NET's. HHV's Shadow(fax), Legend (Gandalf), Oompa and Heavenly tobacco were my go-to's. MVJ also provided 7th Ave. Blond and something that had a top note of Greek Wine (Mavrodaphne ?). Light, smooth, flavorful.
Those who are looking for a good cherry aromatic might need to hurry over to Best Selection & Prices On Pipes, Tobaccos, Cigars - Pipes and Cigars , as the Decatur Black Cherry is about to be discontinued due to Deeming Regulations. I just put 2 oz. into their respective PG baths for a good eight week soak. I have given this to several friends, and it was always well received.
I have been cold macerating my own NET's for about a year now, maybe 35 extracts into this Journey. Lane 1-Q, Peter Stokkebye's 84 Turkish, H & H Louisiana Red, Scotty's Trout Stream, Scotty's Honey and Chocolate, and Cornell & Diell Briar Fox are among my favorites. No Chest Thumpers in this list, just smooth and delicious.
C & D Havana Daydream and Oriental Silk 414, Davidoff Flake Medallions, H & H Anniversary Kake and Virginia Spice, and Sutliff's Molto Dulce are all filtered and waiting their turn in the rotation.
C & D Autumn Evening, Gawith & Hoggarth's Burley & Bright and Kendall Toffee have joined Black Cherry and '84 Turkish in their separate PG baths.
All of Latakia blends I have tried got dumped in the woods out back. Also, any berry or citrus flavors just seemed to come out bitter.
This is becoming a most excellent adventure.

Those who are looking for "Grassy" Net flavors, might I recommend Orlik Golden Sliced. It tastes like hay to me. In fact, I have about 50ml of extract I would not mind sending out. It is not like I have never mailed "Aroma Oils" ;) to friends in Canada or Thailand before. If anyone would like to discuss trading/ swapping/ receiving 10ml samples of various extractions, meet me "in the alley". We can discuss more there. No charge, just ask for an honest opinion in return.

Again, Have a Safe and Blessed Thanksgiving Holiday :)

Last edited:

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
285603-Peanut-And-Family-Wishful-Thanksgiving.jpg

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I must be an old fart. When I first visited this thread, Clay (carbonthief) was a regular contributor. Now he's one of the most talked about Vendors. And I have placed several orders from him, and his wares are quite good.
Luce ? Mt. Mann ? Scarface ? Hulamoon ? Mizzou ?
I guess I am just an old fart....
I am still a little outside the mainstream when it comes to NET's. I smoked aromatic cavendish blends, so I tend to vape light and flavorful NET's. HHV's Shadow(fax), Legend (Gandalf), Oompa and Heavenly Tobacco were my go-to's. MVJ also provided 7th Ave. Blond and something that had a top note of Greek Wine (Mavrodaphne ?). Light, smooth, flavorful.
Those who are looking for a good cherry aromatic might need to hurry over to Best Selection & Prices On Pipes, Tobaccos, Cigars - Pipes and Cigars , as the Decatur Black Cherry is about to be discontinued due to Deeming Regulations. I just put 2 oz. into their respective PG baths for a good eight week soak. I have given this to several friends, and it was always well received.
I have been cold macerating my own NET's for about a year now, maybe 35 extracts into this Journey. Lane 1-Q, Peter Stokkebye's 84 Turkish, H & H Louisiana Red, Scotty's Trout Stream, Scotty's Honey and Chocolate, and Cornell & Diell Briar Fox are among my favorites. No Chest Thumpers in this list, just smooth and delicious.
C & D Havana Daydream and Oriental Silk 414, Davidoff Flake Medallions, H & H Anniversary Kake and Virginia Spice, and Sutliff's Molto Dulce are all filtered and waiting their turn in the rotation.
C & D Autumn Evening, Gawith & Hoggarth's Burley & Bright and Kendall Toffee have joined Black Cherry and '84 Turkish in their separate PG baths.
All of Latakia blends I have tried got dumped in the woods out back. Also, any berry or citrus flavors just seemed to come out bitter.
This is becoming a most excellent adventure.

Those who are looking for "Grassy" Net flavors, might I recommend Orlik Golden Sliced. It tastes like hay to me. In fact, I have about 50ml of extract I would not mind sending out. It is not like I have never mailed "Aroma Oils" ;) to friends in Canada or Thailand before. If anyone would like to discuss trading/ swapping/ receiving 10ml samples of various extractions, meet me "in the alley". We can discuss more there. No charge, just ask for an honest opinion in return.

Again, Have a Safe and Blessed Thanksgiving Holiday :)

Some great tobaccos named there as well as "Oldie But Goodie" names of past contributors to this forum.
P.S. I am looking to extract Sutliff's Molto Dulce when I get my next tobacco order placed.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
P.S. I am looking to extract Sutliff's Molto Dulce when I get my next tobacco order placed.

When I first tasted the Molto Dolce I extracted I heard the angels' heavenly choir and thought it was nectar. It's very good but, at least for me, a little goes a long way. I have it now as "treat" and for short periods because it can become cloying.

I can highly recommend it though and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
When I first tasted the Molto Dolce I extracted I heard the angels' heavenly choir and thought it was nectar. It's very good but, at least for me, a little goes a long way. I have it now as "treat" and for short periods because it can become cloying.

thanks for the heads up buddy.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

It's been one of my regular extractions for a couple of years now.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
NET.com

Announcing our

Black Friday through

Cyber Monday Sale!!

20% off your order, no code needed!

Now through Monday, October 28th

at Midnight CST

Well, I just had to take advantage of this one. I shouldn't have, but I did....

120ml bottles of Mercenary, The Ruins, Raven, Fistful of Burley, Turkish Blend & Burley Blast. That ought to keep me happy for a while.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
To view this offer with images, click here.
Ensure delivery by adding customerservice@pipesandcigars.com to your Address Book.

em-bn-weekly-skirt_01.jpg
em-bn-weekly-skirt_02.jpg

Home Pipes Pipe Tobacco Cigars Accessories Value Tobacco Gifts

This offer is available until November 28 @ 6PM
This offer cannot be combined with other offers.

stay-connected.jpg

1911 Spillman Drive • Dept. 26 • Bethlehem, PA 18015 • 1–800–494–9144

PipesandCigars.com does not sell products to anyone under the age of 21.
If you feel you have received this message in error or you wish to be removed from the specials list, please use this link to unsubscribe.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
NET.com

Announcing our

Black Friday through

Cyber Monday Sale!!

20% off your order, no code needed!

Now through Monday, October 28th

at Midnight CST
Thank you Tele! I had no idea about this sale. With a discount coupon I had from my last order and the 20% off, I got a great deal on two 15 ml extracts, Sun Cured Turkish and Analog Blend. I'm going to try them out in a mix with high nic nic salts base from Nude Nicotine in Cync pods and (when it arrives) a Myjet pod. I still have two bottles of the same pre-mixed at 18 mg and 24 mg I vape in a triton mini with nautlius 1.8 ohm coils (or my nauty mini or kabuki clone or my kfl V5 mini clone... lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread