Nausea while vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buwaleed

Aug 28, 2016
Hello users, I am a new vaper. I am 23 with good health and never smoked. Blood is okay, no sickness whatsoever. I have started vaping back in May, and was satisfied with the E-Pen whatever. It was an Ego Pen Ce-4 and I always go with 2mg or 0 nic juices. 2 weeks ago I upgraded to the Joytech Evic VT. Very cheap and packs a good punch, but I had one problem with it, the nausea. I dont know if it is the power or the juice. I always go with 22 watts and 3.12 volts. I have a 0.55 ohm tank from kanger tech. I take a couple of drags and then all of a sudden, I feel really dizzy. I got so dizzy at the point I threw up. I went at my buddies shop and he took a few inhales and nothing was wrong. It was obviously me, I tried out all of my 4 flavors. One with 2mg full VG, others with a half/half VG/PG blend no nic. All of them made me very dizzy. If anyone knows whats the cause please reply. Oh and I also tried lowering the watts no difference.
Happy vaping

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
My guess to the problem: you went from an eGo battery and CE4 clearo...straight to sub-ohming at much higher watts than your eGo was capable of, and way lower ohms than your CE4 was. I would've gotten dizzy and barfed if I did that, too! You're not the first who's tried that...and had bad effects from it.

I'd try working into sub-ohming more gradually. Lower the watts and go higher than sub-ohm with your coils for awhile. Go maybe to 1.2 or 1.5 ohms. If that doesn't make you dizzy, etc., stay at that wattage and ohms for awhile. Few weeks or months...then try slightly lower ohms and slightly higher watts. Awhile longer, try again adjusting both ohms and watts, etc.

It also might be that you're doing DL (direct lung) vaping, rather than MTL (mouth to lung) vaping. Direct Lung vaping will really pack a punch if you sub-ohm, especially since you've not been a smoker! Try pulling the vapor into your mouth first, take your drip tip away from your lips, and then inhale it from there...down to your lungs, if you want to. You should know though...that nic is best absorbed in your cheek linings and sinus (nasal) tissues. So the longer those areas are exposed to the vapor, the more benefit you get from the nic.

Last edited:

Buwaleed

Aug 28, 2016
My guess to the problem: you went from an eGo battery and CE4 clearo...straight to sub-ohming at much higher watts than your eGo was capable of, and way lower ohms than your CE4 was. I would've gotten dizzy and barfed if I did that, too! You're not the first who's tried that...and had bad effects from it.

I'd try working into sub-ohming more gradually. Lower the watts and go higher than sub-ohm with your coils for awhile. Go maybe to 1.2 or 1.5 ohms. If that doesn't make you dizzy, etc., stay at that wattage and ohms for awhile. Few weeks or months...then try slightly lower ohms and slightly higher watts. Awhile longer, try again adjusting both ohms and watts, etc.

It also might be that you're doing DL (direct lung) vaping, rather than MTL (mouth to lung) vaping. Direct Lung vaping will really pack a punch if you sub-ohm, especially since you've not been a smoker! Try pulling the vapor into your mouth first, take your drip tip away from your lips, and then inhale it from there...down to your lungs, if you want to. You should know though...that nic is best absorbed in your cheek linings and sinus (nasal) tissues. So the longer those areas are exposed to the vapor, the more benefit you get from the nic.
Thank you very much for the info. Yea I do mouth to lung inhales and I might probably go for a higher ohm tank. Again mate thanks for the heads up

Reactions: JC Okie

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hello users, I am a new vaper. I am 23 with good health and never smoked. Blood is okay, no sickness whatsoever. I have started vaping back in May, and was satisfied with the E-Pen whatever. It was an Ego Pen Ce-4 and I always go with 2mg or 0 nic juices. 2 weeks ago I upgraded to the Joytech Evic VT. Very cheap and packs a good punch, but I had one problem with it, the nausea. I dont know if it is the power or the juice. I always go with 22 watts and 3.12 volts. I have a 0.55 ohm tank from kanger tech. I take a couple of drags and then all of a sudden, I feel really dizzy. I got so dizzy at the point I threw up. I went at my buddies shop and he took a few inhales and nothing was wrong. It was obviously me, I tried out all of my 4 flavors. One with 2mg full VG, others with a half/half VG/PG blend no nic. All of them made me very dizzy. If anyone knows whats the cause please reply. Oh and I also tried lowering the watts no difference.
Happy vaping
I started vaping on a 1.8 ohm coil at 8 watts. Beginners can't tolerate a whole lot of vaper which is one of the reasons why their nic percentage might best be higher in the beginning. For the first few weeks I felt slightly queasy some times. I figured that would go away and it did.

May be you need to be vaping fewer daily ml's at a higher nic level. I started at 24 mg for about a week then settled down to 12mg.

Reactions: subwayaznm

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Happy vaping
    To me it also sounds like too much nicotine. Stick with the zero. You were getting way too much nic with a subohm tank and you aren't used to nic at all because you never smoked. Just go slowly with the subbing and no nic. Good luck. :thumb:

Reactions: Dan40

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    If vaping is the safer alternative we can expect many people who may pick up smoking later in life to choose vaping over smoking.

That said dizzy = too much nicotine.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is when I get gurgling I always get too much nic and get dizzy. Any chance that's occurring?

*edit* I know at 22 watts on my 0.5 Kanger occ coils I would get gurgling. Wattage may be too low, which I know sounds counterintuitive.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Happy vaping

Are you sure it's 2mg nicotine? It sounds like a nicotine overdose. 2mg is not strong enough for almost everyone to get nicotine sick from just a couple of inhales at 22 watts.

What juice is it and where did you get it from?

Also you could be allergic to PG?

Reactions: mattiem

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    If you never smoked why would you smoke? Nearly every single person on this board was once a non-smoker then chose to smoke, many chose to be smokers at an adult age. Being that's the case nearly everyone here once ignored the good advice of a person telling them they should never smoke.

I really don't understand why anyone on this board thinks they're going to accomplish anything other than putting new people off that come on here asking about vaping. I'm 35 and I had a cigarette addiction for 14 years, but if I came on this board at 23 as a non smoker looking to vape I wouldn't think much of the criticism of someone that had a cigarette addiction for 14 years (or longer).

Can't we just say "good choice on vaping instead of picking up a cigarette addiction?"

:2c:

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
    Mar 5, 2015
    Toledo,Oh
    If you never smoked why would you smoke? Nearly every single person on this board was once a non-smoker then chose to smoke, many chose to be smokers at an adult age. Being that's the case nearly everyone here once ignored the good advice of a person telling them they should never smoke.

I really don't understand why anyone on this board thinks they're going to accomplish anything other than putting new people off that come on here asking about vaping. I'm 35 and I had a cigarette addiction for 14 years, but if I came on this board at 23 as a non smoker looking to vape I wouldn't think much of the criticism of someone that had a cigarette addiction for 14 years (or longer).

Can't we just say "good choice on vaping instead of picking up a cigarette addiction?"

:2c:

This^ OP is 23 I'm glad he decided to vape instead of smoke. ;) I'm one of "honest" people who doesn't lie and say smoking isn't enjoyable. It feels good, reduces stress and helps my ADHD. Now with vaping I can enjoy smoking %95 safer. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread