Vape sensitivity puzzle...PG? Something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Also said there is a weird sweet taste, which I have to assume is the VG.

Since you've been making unflavored for her, IMO the "weird sweet taste" could be the combination of the nic base and the little bit of sweetness of the VG. I'd bet that if just a tiny amount of a single, non-tobacco flavoring (maybe a fruit one or a nice dessert type blend) was added to it...that "weird sweet taste" might change to a nice sweet taste.

In fact, if you'll send me a PM...I'd be willing to send you some little 3mL sample bottles of a few flavorings like the above, to try for her. Might only take a drop or 2 of any one of them in about 10mL of the unflavored mix...to change the taste for her. I have plenty of flavorings to spare, and I wouldn't mind sending some samples at all, absolutely free.

Last edited:

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
Since you've been making unflavored for her, IMO the "weird sweet taste" could be the combination of the nic base and the little bit of sweetness of the VG. I'd bet that if just a tiny amount of a single, non-tobacco flavoring (maybe a fruit one or a nice dessert type blend) was added to it...that "weird sweet taste" might change to a nice sweet taste.

In fact, if you'll send me a PM...I'd be willing to send you some little 3mL sample bottles of a few flavorings like the above, to try for her. Might only take a drop or 2 of any one of them in about 10mL of the unflavored mix...to change the taste for her. I have plenty of flavorings to spare, and I wouldn't mind sending them at all.
I very much appreciate the generosity! I agree but I'm surprised she tried the ecig at all, she's a bit of a Luddite and not a big fan of additives (but still smokes,haha). I think the only reason she was open to it at all was because she had seen me go a couple months without a problem. That said, I am approaching this with as little interference as possible. I don't want to introduce anything that seems like too much, or might make her shy away. For now I'm just happy she's willing to try it once in a while, and not experiencing nausea.
Thank you very much though JC!

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
I very much appreciate the generosity! I agree but I'm surprised she tried the ecig at all, she's a bit of a Luddite and not a big fan of additives (but still smokes,haha). I think the only reason she was open to it at all was because she had seen me go a couple months without a problem. That said, I am approaching this with as little interference as possible. I don't want to introduce anything that seems like too much, or might make her shy away. For now I'm just happy she's willing to try it once in a while, and not experiencing nausea.

You're doing the right thing, congratulations!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
That said, I am approaching this with as little interference as possible. I don't want to introduce anything that seems like too much, or might make her shy away. For now I'm just happy she's willing to try it once in a while, and not experiencing nausea.

You're welcome. The offer will still stand if/when she'd like to give some flavoring a try, if it turns out that "weird sweet taste" as she described it, is a turn-off for her. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread