How Much Nic Am I Consuming From 3mg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Earth
margotqueen.tumblr.com
Hey hi there everyone, I know its funny to ask this question in 2018...Still I was thinking. I'm vaping on SMOK's vape pen plus, 0.3ohm coil...Its somewhat 60-80 watt kit. So you can assume the vape from it. Now If vape 2ml out of this, 3mg = 6mg on the e-liquid in total, how much my body actually can absorb? On average I mean, everyone vapes in diff type I know, I'm blowing big clouds with it, nice kit...just some issues with battery, anyway, please lemmi know, thanks everyone :)

PS : Why i'm suddenly interested in it? Read this morning, some of em chewing nic gums with vaping...I mean, I know how weak I am to quit smoking, I can't control myself, I don't have any willpower and trust in me, but they'r "Self stated willpower masters" why theyr taking gums with it...And also please skip the basics, like I should start with 24mg nic etc etc, I'm vaping for 2 years now lol still confused due to not continuing it, but as you can see my last thread, I did it this time.

PS 2 : The dizziness is from the cigg withdrawal or i'm getting nic sick?

PS 3 : Do you recommend nic gums with vaping? I mean that even needed?

PS 4 : I'm confused...why people start with 36mg nic with a vape pen at first and then after a while they buy a higher end mod with 3mg juice in it? I mean you get 3mg out of that 36mg from that vape pen....So vaping 3mg on a higher end mod with more juice isn't = 36mg?

PS 5 : PS 4 is targeted on pods and people who tried ce4 type of e-cigs...I mean why everyone starts from a higher nicotine level where 3mg can deliver the same amount as 36mg in (maybe some more time) a high end mod. You just need to vape more right?

As you can see, a thousand going into my mind...Waiting for your reply and I'm having migraine pain right now, If I've unconsciously abused or wrote something wrong, I'm sorry, head is cracking very bad!

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Take a nap and relax.
It's not start at 36mg on a pen and go to 3mg on high end gear. That's got nothing to do with nothing. People have lowered their nic levels with higher VOLUME gear.
None of that is worth worrying about. If you're trying to quit, up your nic, like you've been told a thousand times. I don't care how long you've been vaping....you're still smoking and trying to quit. If you insist on vaping 3mg, then sure, supplement it with gum if you want. But stop over complicating it.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Now If vape 2ml out of this, 3mg = 60mg
2ml x 3mg/ml = 6mg, not 60.

Are you really only vaping 2ml per day from a 60-80w device? If so, I agree with Asbestos; increase your nic.

Do you recommend nic gums with vaping? I mean that even needed?
Not needed if you use the correct nicotine strength for you, your vaping style, and your equipment.

PS 4 : I'm confused...why people start with 36mg nic with a vape pen at first
Because a "vape pen" runs at ~5 watts and at that power level, it's difficult to vape more than a few ml per day. As a quick approximation, multiply power by nic strength and you will see that 36 mg with 5 watt vape pen is about the same as 3 mg with a 60-80 watt device.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Absorption rates are different for everyone..

But your math is wrong at a glance.

If you vape 3mg nicotine ejuice it's 3ml/ml. (3mg per ml of ejuice)

So if you vape 2 ml of ejuice your taking in a total of 6 mg of nicotine because 3mg × 2 = 6.

6 mg of nicotine per day for an ex-smoker is very very little.

I quit smoking using 18mg, others quit using higher. Former smokers generally require (average) between 50 - 150 mg of nicotine per day..

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Yep. Nic gum typically comes in 2mg and 4 mg strengths, and you absorb pretty much all of it, whereas only a fraction of the nic someone vapes is absorbed; some of it is obviously exhaled.

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Earth
margotqueen.tumblr.com
2ml x 3mg/ml = 6mg, not 60.

Are you really only vaping 2ml per day from a 60-80w device? If so, I agree with Asbestos; increase your nic.

Because a "vape pen" runs at ~5 watts and at that power level, it's difficult to vape more than a few ml per day. As a quick approximation, multiply power by nic strength and you will see that 36 mg with 5 watt vape pen is about the same as 3 mg with a 60-80 watt device.

01) It was a typo...wrote 60 for 6 anyway

2) No I'm chain vaping, not 2ml...my tank is 2ml...my vaping style is, when I vape I take full of my tank and a break.

3) So if its same, why they use 5watt pens with such high nic? Isn't mods are kinda same price...a bit high..but still....

Btw thanks for your reply :)

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The only accurate way to know your individual absorption rate is by tracking exact amounts vaped and using cotinine tests.

Best advice you've been given;
Stop over complicating it, and I'll add, stop with all the worry & fret.
Maybe try strenuous exercise to help alleviate anxiety.

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Earth
margotqueen.tumblr.com
Absorption rates are different for everyone..

But your math is wrong at a glance.

If you vape 3mg nicotine ejuice it's 3ml/ml. (3mg per ml of ejuice)

So if you vape 2 ml of ejuice your taking in a total of 6 mg of nicotine because 3mg × 2 = 6.

I quit smoking using 18mg, others quit using higher.

Got your math but technically humans are unable to get all the nic is vaped if I'm not wrong? I mean vaping 2mlx3mg and getting full 6mg not possible...I'm asking for an assumption of consuming the nic...I mean i'm getting like 10% of that ? or more?

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Earth
margotqueen.tumblr.com
The only accurate way to know your individual absorption rate is by tracking exact amounts vaped and using cotinine tests.

I vape around 20ml a day, 3mg, on the same device, big chunky clouds, the only problem is I miss cigarettes, you know tiny thing on hand, anyway so vaping 20ml, now give me an assumption how much I'm possibly getting out of it?

The reason of my questions "Why I still have cravings?" when i'm vaping enough....

Due to my stupidity and no control on myself, i just failed and failed last 2 years, something emotional happens and I just ruin all the hardwork in seconds

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Yep. Nic gum typically comes in 2mg and 4 mg strengths, and you absorb pretty much all of it, whereas only a fraction of the nic someone vapes is absorbed; some of it is obviously exhaled.

What I've noticed from all those threads on the forum where everyone shares how much they vape and at how many milligrams is that most of us who successfully switched to vaping having a daily intake ranging anywhere from 50 - 150 mg a day...

I start most people off with a MTL device at around 60 mg per day as a result and increase it some if needed.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I vape around 20ml a day, 3mg, on the same device, big chunky clouds, the only problem is I miss cigarettes, you know tiny thing on hand, anyway so vaping 20ml, now give me an assumption how much I'm possibly getting out of it?

The reason of my questions "Why I still have cravings?" when i'm vaping enough....

Due to my stupidity and no control on myself, i just failed and failed last 2 years, something emotional happens and I just ruin all the hardwork in seconds

So go the other way with it.

Try a MTL device that's small and better replicates a cigarette, and get a higher nicotine content..

Try an ego aio with some 25 or 50 mg salts for those times you need something extra.

You can try WTA ejuice too..

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Earth
margotqueen.tumblr.com

4mg gum kinda satisfied me for one hour this morning

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Earth
margotqueen.tumblr.com
Just shoot for getting enough to calm down . Many a vape has been ruined by people overly concerned with what the charts say. They tend to ignore what actually works for them. Try some 6 or 9mg in that tank. It won't hurt you.

Heres another problem, I had 12mg tobacco mix, tried, wasnt able to vape it, too much throat hit...Lowered it by mixing it with 3mg...50/50...it was rough...then somewhat made a mix of 7.5mg, after trying that only 2ml got nic sick...feeling of death, heart beat...sweat....now I vape that one only when I can't hold myself, higher cravings.

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Earth
margotqueen.tumblr.com
So go the other way with it.

Try a MTL device that's small and better replicates a cigarette, and get a higher nicotine content..

Try an ego aio with some 25 or 50 mg salts for those times you need something extra.

You can try WTA ejuice too..

do you know one fun fact about free base nic and salt nics? Freebase : vape for 30mins, get relief for a while ~ Salt nic, keep taking 2-3 (maybe more) puffs per 5mins, make you an addict...you may not agree with me, but from life...what i'm sharing.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I quit smoking using 3mg juice. From experience, higher nic juice will make it easier, it took a lot of willpower on my part to stick with it on 3mg at the beginning. I would suggest 6 or even 9 mg juice and start cutting it back slowly. The only reason I used 3mg only is because I had a lot of it stockpiled from when I was dual using. It also let me chain vape to help keep my hands busy, which was the hardest part of quitting for me. After 20 years of having a cigarette in my hands, I just had problems breaking that physical habit.

Take the transition from smoking to vaping at your own pace. Nobody here is going to give you better feedback than what your body is, so listen to it. If it is telling you it is needing more nic, you should probably listen and increase your nic level to the point that you don't constantly crave. If your feeling bad, you may be over doing it (which is easy to do when dual using, and also makes it harder to know if your ejuice is strong enough for you). Take it slow, and if you feel panicked, set down and take a couple draws from your vape and calm down. We have all been there, it is the hard part, but once you get over the hump, you will feel much better, and feel better about yourself.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
I have a lot of devices (less than some, more than some) and basically they come down to 2 styles. One for big clouds, low nic and lotsa juice- the fun setup. The other is for tight draws and high nic- the smokers setup. When I am just bumping around, I grab for the fun setup. When I feel like a cig, I grab for the smokers setup. It has a similar feel to the draw of a cig and the high nic gives me my fix quicker. I think this combo has helped me stay off the stinkys for over 4 years. My wife still smokes and I still reach for that smokers setup, so untill I have absolutely no desire for a cig, I will keep both running. As far as how much is absorbed, that is impossible to answer as each person is different, but I would guess about half as the vehicle nic is transferred through, (pg/vg) is hygroscopic, itd be like pouring water through a sponge. Some passes right through while some is absorbed.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread