Nausea while vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Smoking or vaping or not as the case may be is your choice and yours alone. I suspect however that if most of us vapers had the choice to make all over again, and having the experience we now do, we'd choose fresh air and leave it at that.

If you had smoked cigs you would recognize that nausea and dizziness from experience. That first cig pretty much puts you on your .... barely able to stand. By the 3rd one though it goes away and by the 133,000 one you'll wish you had never started. As mentioned above the nic for you is not a necessity. The amount of nic you take in is dependant on the nic strength in the juice you're vaping, the size and density of the clouds you're vaping, and the exposure you give yourself to those clouds. It is not simply a case of going sub-ohm as I understand it. Whether vaping sub-ohm or not it is the size and density of the clouds and while many go sub-ohm chasing ever bigger clouds, there are still many who get sizable clouds from higher ohms and lower wattage, and this is but one factor in how much nic you actually absorb.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Sorry if this reply sounds blunt....
But seriously why are you trying to vape ?????
If you say you never smoked cigarettes - then why start vaping !!!!!
Although it is 95% better than smoking tobacco, it is still 100% worse than breathing fresh air !!!! (if you can find any !!!)
I'm starting to believe that the appeal of vaping or smoking to people who've never done it, kids or adults, is visual. It looks cool. May be 'fire breathing' is primordial. So if you want to blow some clouds fine, but do the rest of a favor and leave out the nicotine. I've read that may be 75% of kid vapers are vaping zero nic liquid. If that's what's happening there can't be whining about nic addiction. So blow your clouds and do it without nic.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I don't know why either how a non smoker wants to vape but its their life. My assumption is your swallowing both vapor and juice thus upsetting your stomach. If you didn't smoke then you don't know how to smoke and its easy to swallow the smoke(vapor). With cigs you can burp the smoke out but vapor is different and will dissipate before you can burp. Ejuice is nasty stuff once its on the back of the throat.

Dan40

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2016
Run away and never vape again. You may have done something wrong but if you have never smoked you shouldn´t mess with vaping. Just my opinion. It sounds like the first time I smoked when I was 12. I smoked for 40 years and have now been 3 months without a cig. THAT is the cool part of vaping, nothing else. In all seriousness, look for a different hobby.

Reactions: Eskie

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Hence the reason I never dripped an 18-24mg or higher e-liquid. I reserved those for tanks. But hey, I've seen people drip those before. They made me sick when I tried it once.

Nausea is a quick sign of nicotine overdose. You're putting too much nicotine in your system and if what you said is true and you never smoked before - flee while you still can. I have yet to break my body's craving for nicotine, which is why I still drip, tank, and vape 6 - 12mg liquid. 12mg is getting too harsh for me and it causes me to feel light headed and nauseated from time to time. My sweet spot is 6-9mg.

IF 0mg is still making you nauseous, you should probably walk away from vaping altogether. I congratulate you for at least trying it to see what the "rave" was about, but sincerely - nicotine is BAD for you. I can recommend smokers to try vaping... I cannot recommend a non-smoker to try vaping.

Reactions: GeorgeS

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I don't know why either how a non smoker wants to vape but its their life. My assumption is your swallowing both vapor and juice thus upsetting your stomach. If you didn't smoke then you don't know how to smoke and its easy to swallow the smoke(vapor). With cigs you can burp the smoke out but vapor is different and will dissipate before you can burp. Ejuice is nasty stuff once its on the back of the throat.
    Actually that isn't quite true. Earlier this evening, I swallowed some excess saliva right after taking a puff. I let out all the vapor, then immediately belched expelling the trapped vapor... Then proceeded to laugh my .... off. :lol::lol::lol:
    It was pretty hilarious. :pervy:

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
    Sep 13, 2016
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Buwaleed

Aug 28, 2016
    The artificial flavorings left me slightly nauseated when I first started vaping. Then I discovered the natural flavorings (I like tobacco). Once I started with the naturals - no more nausea. Maybe you are like me ...
    True to the top man! Before this thread i was vaping berryboyz and all that chemical bs. But then I switched to high quality herbs. I liked mint and tobacco the most, after that I feared no nausea

Reactions: phonedude

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    ...but sincerely - nicotine is BAD for you. ...

Care to cite some references for that statement?

FAQ: Nicotine (tobaccoharmreduction.org)

[5.0] You keep talking about providing a less harmful source of nicotine. But isn't nicotine itself very bad for you? - No, it's not.

The effects of nicotine itself are similar to that other popular drug, caffeine. See our (nicotine reading list.) There is no evidence that nicotine causes any substantial risk for cancer, and the research shows that the risk for cardiovascular disease is minimal.

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    I must be doing it wrong.

I can drip 50mg joose @ 80 ish watts.

Or straight vg just the same.

50/50 pg/vg - same

But straight pg or flavored 0mg juice makes me extremely nauseous.

OP just has to progress slower or search for what works best.

If trial and error doesn't pan out, maybe OP gives up altogether.

OPs choice either way.

Congrats on not smoking first.

Tapatyped

Reactions: phonedude

Inly

Sep 26, 2016
    UK
    Im gonna guess.... nic OD.... even at 2 nic with some heavy vaping going on can overload a body that is not conditioned for nic consumption...
    Can confirm, switched to sub-ohm recently, dropped down from 6mg liquid to 3mg and still managed to give myself nicotine sickness the first day. It's really easy to underestimate how much you're actually taking in when you first make that initial switch. Especially for someone who didn't smoke before vaping.

Personally I'd recommend to a non-ex-smoker vaper that they use 0mg at all times. If you (like me) find that nicotine helps with anxiety or something similar and don't want to cut it out entirely, maybe keep a separate tank with your nicotine juice in it for when you want that nic hit, but otherwise only use the 0mg?

CasketWeaver

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    Can confirm, switched to sub-ohm recently, dropped down from 6mg liquid to 3mg and still managed to give myself nicotine sickness the first day. It's really easy to underestimate how much you're actually taking in when you first make that initial switch. Especially for someone who didn't smoke before vaping.

Personally I'd recommend to a non-ex-smoker vaper that they use 0mg at all times. If you (like me) find that nicotine helps with anxiety or something similar and don't want to cut it out entirely, maybe keep a separate tank with your nicotine juice in it for when you want that nic hit, but otherwise only use the 0mg?

Or better yet, buy some extra PG (or now VG) based flavorings and cut your juice that way. With the rise of bulk juice manufacturers, you can easily buy a 120ml bottle as low as 20 bucks. You can also buy plastic bottles a dime a dozen now - and even in some instances, reuse old bottles you may have laying around. Add a bit of your flavoring to it to help dilute the nic levels. That's what I do if I need to cut the nice down from 12mg. Why I even mix 12mg anymore is simple, I can take some flavoring, add to the mix or if it's a bit too much flavor (tastes like cough syrup - applies to cherry, grape, and some citrus flavors), I can always add VG (as PG gives me heart burn).

I tend to do this more often than not with tea based or custard based flavors. I'll add my own kick to them by adding a few drops (or mils) of a specific type of flavor to add a twist to it. I think the most unique flavor I came up with was a coconut / caramel / custard mix.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread