Nautilus x coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urlacher78

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2017
just curious new to vaping just purchased the nautilus x tank. It comes with 1.5ohm (16-22w) an a 1.8ohm coil preinstalled rated (12-16w) haven't tried the 1.5 coil yet the 1.8 coil vaped great at 14watts an now i get a burnt taste an it's only 2 days old I turn it down to around 10w an it seems to do ok. Didn't know if it's a bad coil or not? What are some reasonable priced vendors I can order from an what do you guys prefer the 1.5 or 1.8?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I don't use this tank, but generally speaking if you use a higher resistance coil you should not try to match the watts of the lower resistance coil (as you have to effectively increase the volts).
Personally, the notion of 'a bad coil' is something I have worried little about over the last two years ago. I use 2-5 different types of factory coil and have only had 1 bad coil in all that time. The enthusiast vaping community makes out this is a major issue; many of them say this to increase the kudos rating of making your own coils. I make coils too. Of course, a factory coil on a consumer-grade tank will not vape as well as a handmade coil and wick on a RTA.
For me, I would never push a 1.8ohm coil to 14 or 15 watts, regardless of what the manufacturers say... they really over-exaggerate and work on best-case scenario really.
So, as harsh as this sounds, don't vape a coil rated up to 16w (under perfect conditions) at 14 watts.
My favorite plug and play coil is rated by the maker from 10-30 watts. If I vape it at more than 16 or 17 watts, it's dead in 24 hours. If I tried to vape it at 30w, it would be instant burnt-cotton-phone-the-ambulance time.
The makers will say anything. So will the reviewers too, who like to post their review on youtube less then one day after trying out their new toys. One month or so (4 or 5 coils) is fair time to assess a product and what works (power, juice ratio)....
Good luck. It has a super reputation b.t.w. :)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
just curious new to vaping just purchased the nautilus x tank. It comes with 1.5ohm (16-22w) an a 1.8ohm coil preinstalled rated (12-16w) haven't tried the 1.5 coil yet the 1.8 coil vaped great at 14watts an now i get a burnt taste an it's only 2 days old I turn it down to around 10w an it seems to do ok. Didn't know if it's a bad coil or not? What are some reasonable priced vendors I can order from an what do you guys prefer the 1.5 or 1.8?
In General higher ohm coils/lower wattage (generally MTL) vaping will:
Heat the coil slower, which may produce “less” vapor
Provide A “cooler” tasting vape, can produce more flavor
May use less E-Juice (<$ less money)
Prolong battery life (<$)
Prolong coil life (<$)
Prolong wick life (<$)
May result in less PV maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vapers
Aids stealth vaping
May be better in the long run healthwise (<$)

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have the Nautilus X tank and I only use the 1.5Ω coils in it and never tried the 1.8Ω coils in it. They say that the 1.5Ω can go up to like 22-25 Watts but I find they deliver a good vape at 14-15 watts maximum. I have fired the 1.5Ω at 27 watts by accident and that was one heck of a hot vapor!

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have also never had a leak from my Nautilus X tank or a problem with a flooded coil for that matter. U-Tech coils are good in my opinion but take a bit of extra e-Liquid and some no power pulls to get them primed correctly or you will burn that coil or start it burning so they do not last. Also like all coils start at a lower wattage and work you way up to the sweet spot for you.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Yes I've researched it and am aware of it's foibles. I just don't understand the leak

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where is it leaking from? Sounds like the tank is not properly assembled because it really can't leak out the air flow because of the top air flow design. When I unscrew the top to fill it I never get a leak unless I spill the e-Liquid which is just a spill and not a leak.

Reactions: stols001

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium

I have been using it for a while and the 1.8 Ohm atomizers are the way to go. I'm using one right now as I type this with the 4 ml extension, have been all day. I have another on my single battery mod for MTL as well. I would not bother getting any of the 1.5 Ohm atomizers as they are noticeably worse. You can vape the 1.8 Ohm atomizers down to 8 Watts if you want on 50/50 juice and still get usable puff out of thing-which I find remarkable. I tend to stay at 12 Watts, and I'll go as high as 14 to get a little bit of a stronger vape out of it. Depends on the juice. I have used MVS, Element Vape, Vapor Beast (and others I'm forgetting) for the atomizers. I tend to google "Nautilus X 1.8 Ohm atomizer" and go looking for the best prices among US vendors.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I've taken it apart and built it again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sometimes after I fill it I'll have a little juice gurgle. I hold a paper towel around the top and blow into it, the excess juice comes out of the air holes, wipe and you're good to go. Other than that I can hold the thing upside down and vape off of it and nothing changes as long as the juice covers the wicking slots. I have had zero leaking from either one of my two NaughtyX's.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I have the Nautilus X tank and I only use the 1.5Ω coils in it and never tried the 1.8Ω coils in it. They say that the 1.5Ω can go up to like 22-25 Watts but I find they deliver a good vape at 14-15 watts maximum. I have fired the 1.5Ω at 27 watts by accident and that was one heck of a hot vapor!

You should give the 1.8 Ohm atomizers a try. I thought the 1.5 was OK until I tried the 1.8 that was in the box. Now I only use the 1.8 and I have almost three full boxes of the 1.5 sitting on a shelf.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I vape at 18-20w with my nautilus x. I get the burnt taste well before it's empty. It seems to need more fluid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The 1.5 are rated 14-22 Watts and the 1.8 are rated 12-16 Watts. So, even if you are using the 1.5's you are vaping towards the upper end of its range. What's the VG/PG of your juice? Could be a bit thick for the wick.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
You should give the 1.8 Ohm atomizers a try. I thought the 1.5 was OK until I tried the 1.8 that was in the box. Now I only use the 1.8 and I have almost three full boxes of the 1.5 sitting on a shelf.

When I got my Nautilus X they were brand new and there was no 1.8Ω coils for them.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Honestly, what you can vape what coil at often depends as much on your device as it does your coils ratings.

I can vape a 1.8 ohm coil on my provari at 11 watts and it's perfect.. I can take the same coil and put it at 8 watts on a Kanger device, and it's burnt in an hour.

So basically, yes, turn your wattage down. Try it at 10, after deep cleaning the burnt taste out of your tank and changing your o rings (burnt juice is difficult to get the taste out of your tank, it requires some cleaning) if it is STILL burning up the coil, turn it down to 8 watts. You just need to find the happy place for your coil on your device.

Normally, you start low and go up from there until you hit that perfect spot in order to avoid burnt coils.. you might try that in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread