Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I love Labs. I son't know your plans about keeping dogs, but when this happened to a friend of mine, he got a black Lab pup to keep the yellow Lab busy. If dogs are used to being paired, that's one way to try and give them those extra interactions only another dog can provide. It does mean going through the whole train the pup stage all over again, and that can be torture burdensome. Just hide everything.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Well i am happy to say my daughter is now vaping and loves it over cigs. Says her throat doesn't hurt anymore like it did when she smoked, nor does she cough as much or her lungs hurt. We decided on a tank and went with the Aspire Nautilus that was recommended on this forum. She did pick out a fruity flavor from the shop while we were there and loves the fruity flavor, but i dropped the ball and didn't ask if it had been tested for diketones and the such. Oh well one bottle is not going to hurt her and i taught her to use vg and pg to dilute it down that she would find the flavor just as good. Now i know what to look for and show her where to get her eliquids from now that i know what she likes.
I am soo proud of my daugther, she insisted on paying for her gear and is going to make small payments to me out of her check. talk about a proud parent!! I have always taught my kids to be responsible for their actions and choices, and here she is doing just that on her own!! I didn't ask her for a penny in return. I am just so happy the day she got all of her gear her smoking friend was over, and she handed her last pack of cigs over to her friend and said i won't be needing these no more. I had to laugh though, she loves the clouds and i am thinking girl you ain't seen clouds!! lol!! but shhh! we won't let her know that.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I love Labs. I son't know your plans about keeping dogs, but when this happened to a friend of mine, he got a black Lab pup to keep the yellow Lab busy. If dogs are used to being paired, that's one way to try and give them those extra interactions only another dog can provide. It does mean going through the whole train the pup stage all over again, and that can be torture burdensome. Just hide everything.

yeah when we got them as pups they have been glued to each other. It was so sad to see Chrissy so sad, she kept barking like she was looking for her and calling out for her. It was soo sad. When we took snowy to the vet where she passed away, chrissy when she goes out always sniffs my trunk and her tail wags. They were truly close to each other. Oddly, chrissy was not hard to house break, she took right up to it. She is so old she doesn't chew anything up or care to. She is so use to using the bathroom outside that i think that is all she knows because she has not once peed in the house.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Did someone says clouds? One of my friends with his newest cloud making "toy" - don't tell your daughter he has Twitter LOL.

Yeah i know she will eventually figure it out, but that will be something she seeks out and pays for. More power to her if that keeps her off the cancer sticks

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Who knows? Some of her friends may find out how much your daughter likes vaping vs. smoking...and decide to switch to vaping themselves! Would be better for all of them for sure!

I told her the best thing she could do is pass it along to her friends, one friend is already considering after trying her vape gear. yay!!

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
I am so glad it worked out! I sure wish vaping had been around 30 years ago. I started after I lost my mom to severe COPD and saw how horrible her last two years of life were.
I am happy for you and your daughter!
So do tell, I know she is not getting her hands on your Provari 3 but where we're you able to still find a 2.5?
I still need a Zombie to complete me!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Congratulations for you AND your daughter, that sounds like an excellent success story. I was UN-shocked when my son started smoking cigs at around 16.... I ended up purchasing all his initial vape gear (he selected, I purchased) and he did really well with that for around a year (including buying all his own e-juice). One year into vaping, after reducing his nicotine a bit, he shattered YET ANOTHER glass tank (he has ADHD) and I saw on his face how annoyed he was, as I was dropping him to a college class. The following day he quit all nicotine products, including vaping, cold turkey. He did fantastic, and I was eventually regifted all his equipment, he used a sub ohm tank so all I needed was a nautilus 2 tank (using 1.8 coils) and I was pretty set to go (after some assistance here.) I NEVER felt guilty at ALL EXCEPT when my son was smoking cigarettes as he had seen me smoke for YEARS, and I know the correlation between smoking in kids of smokers. Though, I never smoked in the house. I was SO PROUD, he's on month 3? 4? Hasn't looked back and hates the smell of smoke. I guess it's true that if you do your job right, your kids will turn out better than you, LOL. This feels both great and awful. :) Now, I have been working on my own switch from analogues to e-cigs, and I do think my son's successful quit played a role. Every time I wanted to smoke I'd think about the fact that my *19* yr old did something I couldn't, and was smart enough to do it before he got horribly addicted to cigarettes, as well as wanting to be around to see grandkids instead of dead of COPD. It's clearly easier to quit vaping when you are ready, was my observation.

So I think you are a great mom, clearly, and I totally 100% support your decision. It does not matter what ANYONE thinks but YOU and your DAUGHTER. Don't worry, the naysayers will die off. I think it's great that your daughter wants to pay you back for the equipment, and it's fantastic how supportive you are being. Best of luck, I praised my kid heartily the whole way through, and I think that may have helped, but he was OBVIOUSLY ready to be DONE with nicotine in any form, which was awesome.

Anna

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
thank you to you all who have walked with me through this journey with me, watchers and repliers. I think i have successfully created something here, got her off of the cancer sticks that is.
Have you checked out the classies lately.....:cool:

Reactions: 57chilicat

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
19 year olds only understand one thing, swift and blinding violence. Back over her a time or two with the car and while she is on life support, the cigs will work their way out of her system, breaking the chain of addiction. My dad ran me over three times (once for smoking, once for drinking and another time for repeatedly breaking into a dance studio and recreating the final dance from Flash Dance -I was trying to take my passion and make it happen but honestly, I sucked at it) and I am a better man for it. I know she is vaping now but keep this one in the hopper in case she backslides.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I am so glad it worked out! I sure wish vaping had been around 30 years ago. I started after I lost my mom to severe COPD and saw how horrible her last two years of life were.
I am happy for you and your daughter!
So do tell, I know she is not getting her hands on your Provari 3 but where we're you able to still find a 2.5?
I still need a Zombie to complete me!

Yes i was able to find her a provari 2.5 thanks to a poster in this thread, she is loving it.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Congratulations for you AND your daughter, that sounds like an excellent success story. I was UN-shocked when my son started smoking cigs at around 16.... I ended up purchasing all his initial vape gear (he selected, I purchased) and he did really well with that for around a year (including buying all his own e-juice). One year into vaping, after reducing his nicotine a bit, he shattered YET ANOTHER glass tank (he has ADHD) and I saw on his face how annoyed he was, as I was dropping him to a college class. The following day he quit all nicotine products, including vaping, cold turkey. He did fantastic, and I was eventually regifted all his equipment, he used a sub ohm tank so all I needed was a nautilus 2 tank (using 1.8 coils) and I was pretty set to go (after some assistance here.) I NEVER felt guilty at ALL EXCEPT when my son was smoking cigarettes as he had seen me smoke for YEARS, and I know the correlation between smoking in kids of smokers. Though, I never smoked in the house. I was SO PROUD, he's on month 3? 4? Hasn't looked back and hates the smell of smoke. I guess it's true that if you do your job right, your kids will turn out better than you, LOL. This feels both great and awful. :) Now, I have been working on my own switch from analogues to e-cigs, and I do think my son's successful quit played a role. Every time I wanted to smoke I'd think about the fact that my *19* yr old did something I couldn't, and was smart enough to do it before he got horribly addicted to cigarettes, as well as wanting to be around to see grandkids instead of dead of COPD. It's clearly easier to quit vaping when you are ready, was my observation.

So I think you are a great mom, clearly, and I totally 100% support your decision. It does not matter what ANYONE thinks but YOU and your DAUGHTER. Don't worry, the naysayers will die off. I think it's great that your daughter wants to pay you back for the equipment, and it's fantastic how supportive you are being. Best of luck, I praised my kid heartily the whole way through, and I think that may have helped, but he was OBVIOUSLY ready to be DONE with nicotine in any form, which was awesome.

Anna

OH wow, so happy to hear how great your son is doing!! I hope my daughter can eventually do the same but for right now as long as she is not smoking i am happy. Ours kids always amaze us and all that hard work we put into raising them does come back eventually, you deserve to be a proud parent.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Glad this story came to a happy ending for the two of you. :)

Sorry about your puppers though. :(

Introduce her to the forum so she can learn along with the rest of us!

already trying to get her to be a member of this forum so she can stay informed, i know she would be in good company. If you see a new member named Brooke, well that's her.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Yeah, if my son were still e-cigging, I'd be fine with it. Was even more fine with his decision to quit e-cigs also... He says he feels even better, now that he's using no nic at all. I think he was down to 3 mg nic when he quit...

Anna

That's great, and clearly the best outcome. Still, we all know how life can throw curves and encourage us to slip back. I hope if that ever happens for him he'll pick up a vape instead of a smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread