Need new 18650 mod at low price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Ur using what they have been using in the past to say "hey since they did it in the past they are doing it now too"

What im saying is u either show me some proof that current sigelei 75 tc and 150 tc are yihi chips or we can assume they are not ! Ill say one thing tho, the interface for sigelei 75tc and 150tc looks very similar to snow wolf 200 watt and looks nothing like what ipv4s, ipv3 li v2, sx mini m class are showing, and on top of that, sigelei 75 tc and 150tc doesnt even list their chips anymore on spec pages

The mods just came out give it time, but do the research you'll see YiHi chips in all sig mods. Asmodus makes the snow wolf 200w, and because of the different branding you're going to see a different looking chip display. But look it up, I have a Sig50w Vr2 & the display is the same as an IPV2 would be. Sigelei has been known for using YiHi chips. And as for the SX Mini, it's distributed by YiHi, NOT Asmodus like Sigelei and P4Y.
Besides, why would they change a business partnership when YiHi is one of the leading manufacturers of chips? Yes evolv is there too, but we're talking about a Chinese company here. And wouldn't you rather have a YiHi chip over a mystery chip in your mod? As for the sig75 & 150w TC, if they use Joules mode, it's most likely YiHi. I haven't seen any other chip manufacturers have a Joule mode to date.

OK, I've noticed that I vape at 25 watts more or less all the time.

What are your opinions of the Sigelei Mini 30?

Sigelei Mini 30W - Black Box Mod

I'm particulary concerned with that 510 connector. Don't want no stinkin' rubber thing down there to break from me changing heads on it. Unless I can easily repair it and it STAY repaired.

Thanks!
-Johntodd
Much better than an IPV mini, which uses the same sx130 chipset. It rounds up on the ohms, so it'll read a little high but for the price it's a good mod. It looks like the same 510 connection Sigelei uses on the 50w Vr2, which I've had for a few months now and have had absolutely zero problems with. I mainly use it for my Atlantis but I've thrown drippers on it from time to time.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
The mods just came out give it time, but do the research you'll see YiHi chips in all sig mods. Asmodus makes the snow wolf 200w, and because of the different branding you're going to see a different looking chip display. But look it up, I have a Sig50w Vr2 & the display is the same as an IPV2 would be. Sigelei has been known for using YiHi chips. And as for the SX Mini, it's distributed by YiHi, NOT Asmodus like Sigelei and P4Y.
Besides, why would they change a business partnership when YiHi is one of the leading manufacturers of chips? Yes evolv is there too, but we're talking about a Chinese company here. And wouldn't you rather have a YiHi chip over a mystery chip in your mod? As for the sig75 & 150w TC, if they use Joules mode, it's most likely YiHi. I haven't seen any other chip manufacturers have a Joule mode to date.

Much better than an IPV mini, which uses the same sx130 chipset. It rounds up on the ohms, so it'll read a little high but for the price it's a good mod. It looks like the same 510 connection Sigelei uses on the 50w Vr2, which I've had for a few months now and have had absolutely zero problems with. I mainly use it for my Atlantis but I've thrown drippers on it from time to time.
I think sigelei went inhouse chips, their chips have different features than a comparable yihi powered p4you mod, for example. Most ipv mods now have titanium mode but most recent sigelei mods have no titanium mode

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
Just got a Sig 75W today. Very nice build quality overall, and a sharp looking device. Haven't put wakeandvape.com has them for $59 plus shipping, which is where I got mine from. I thought about the IPV D2, but the Sig has a micro USB charge port instead of the single prong thing that the D2 uses, and that made the decision for me. Haven't tried the temp control yet, as my spool of nickel doesn't come in the mail until tomorrow, but it's working just fine with my kanthal builds so far.

One potential issue I'm reading about is the battery cuts off at about 3.5v remaining instead of 3.2v like most other mods. Seems to be more of an issue when running higher watts (30+ watts), but if you tend to be at 25 watts then you shouldn't run in to it

Reactions: Johntodd

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
Personally I'm down a mod right now as was eyeing some of the nicer mods coming out lately with the Sigelei 75W being one of the cheaper ones and after thinking about it, realized I was leaning to heavily towards shiny instead of what suits my needs.

So now I'm going to pick up a Kanger Sub Box kit on my way to an eye appointment. 50W is more than enough power on tap for my habits, its compact, dead simple to use and comes with the subtank mini which I was about to buy anyway. I'll kill two birds with one stone and save a few bucks while I'm at it.

One potential issue I'm reading about is the battery cuts off at about 3.5v remaining instead of 3.2v like most other mods. Seems to be more of an issue when running higher watts (30+ watts), but if you tend to be at 25 watts then you shouldn't run in to it

Its not that the mod cuts out at 3.5V, its that if your power settings are too high and the battery is too far drained, all mods do it and most will simply cut out with a low battery warning. Some do better jobs than others i.e. mods with dual batteries in series suffer the issue far less, and the DNA40 simply reduce powers output but keep firing.

Last edited:
Reactions: caboog78

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
Its not that the mod cuts out at 3.5V, its that if your power settings are too high and the battery is too far drained, all mods do it and most will simply cut out with a low battery warning. Some do better jobs than others i.e. mods with dual batteries in series suffer the issue far less, and the DNA40 simply reduce powers output but keep firing.

Thanks for the clarification! I suspected as much, it just makes sense based on what I know about batteries. I'm not as knowledgeable as some on this board when it comes to the finer points of electricity and battery capacity though, so I kept it simple and went with what I could say with some certainty :toast:

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I think sigelei went inhouse chips, their chips have different features than a comparable yihi powered p4you mod, for example. Most ipv mods now have titanium mode but most recent sigelei mods have no titanium mode
Gah, those were firmware updates to support power upgrades and diff types of wire. Sigelei products have never offered firmware updates. But still, they have used YiHi chipsets. It would be an expensive business decision to start making in house chips now, and that would drive up the prices of their mods based on chip programming and chip production. I highly doubt that at $84 the 150w TC is using a new in house chip. It would cost more money to program and manufacture chips & mods, which would drive the price of their new TC mods up. But they still are around the same price range as P4Y. If Asmodus really did decide to start making their own series of chips for their Sigelei mods, it would be killing a business relationship that they've been using for years now with YiHi, in turn affecting P4Y & the Asmodus line (Snow Wolf). From a business standpoint it would be a very bad decision. Sigelei has always claimed that their chips were in house but when those claims were made, it was proven that their chips were really YiHi. I suspect the Sig75w TC uses the SX130H like the IPV D2...check out the specs, they're relatively the same excluding firmware updates.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
@Stinkytofus
Update: the Sig150TC Mod uses a Yihi SX330 T chip. If you don't believe me, you can check Rip Trippers' video on it or you can hold down your fire button while putting your second battery in. It'll display the Sigelei logo and then say YH SX330 T. I would try doing the same thing with the snow wolf 200 to see if it displays what chip it's using & the same for the sig75 TC.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
@Stinkytofus
Update: the Sig150TC Mod uses a Yihi SX330 T chip. If you don't believe me, you can check Rip Trippers' video on it or you can hold down your fire button while putting your second battery in. It'll display the Sigelei logo and then say YH SX330 T. I would try doing the same thing with the snow wolf 200 to see if it displays what chip it's using & the same for the sig75 TC.
pictures =)

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
@Stinkytofus but since you probably won't watch the vid, here's the proof -
image.jpg

So if someone with a Sigelei 75w TC can hold down their fire button while popping in their battery and snap a pic of the screen it'd be appreciated. Same goes for you snow wolf 200 owners. On the Sigelei, the sig logo comes up first, then the chip & version. Like I said before. It would not make sense from a business standpoint for Sigelei to change out chip manufacturers at this point, they would have to spend money coding, testing, manufacturing, QC passing, etc, all of their chips for new mods.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stinkytofus

MarkCM

Sep 4, 2015
OK, I've noticed that I vape at 25 watts more or less all the time.

What are your opinions of the Sigelei Mini 30?

Sigelei Mini 30W - Black Box Mod

I'm particulary concerned with that 510 connector. Don't want no stinkin' rubber thing down there to break from me changing heads on it. Unless I can easily repair it and it STAY repaired.

Thanks!
-Johntodd
If you are considering a max 30w device on the cheap, check out the istick 30w by eleaf. Hasnt done me wrong yet and I am at 25w most of the time with it with my subtank mini. Can be had for pretty cheap online I have noticed and the battery is built in and it comes with a usb charger. Cant go wrong for rhe price and what you want.

Reactions: Johntodd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread