Best quality made mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truztn01

Nov 16, 2017
hey, so I've been vaping about 6 months. And I've tried a few different mods. What I've noticed is that there is a HUGE difference in quality in some mods. Right now I have a joyetech evic primo mini 80w..and its absolutley atrocious. It couldn't be worse. The battery life is horrendous. I legit have to charge it 4 times a day..I have to always have my charger with me. The weak battery sign comes on even after a full charge if I use it more than a few fires... When the battery gets below half, the thing barely pulls any vapor at all..so really, u only get a half battery life. And, this is the worst part...if u go above like 47 watts...it shows weak battery immediately and stops fireing!

I couldn't be more disappointed with this piece of junk. I'll never buy joyetech again.

Now, when I first started vaping I had a kangertech mini Kbox..and compared to the evic primo mini..it was a thousand times better..and after that I had a eleaf pico istick mini.. This was by far the better of the three. Unfortunately my gf lost it, hence the reason I have this piece of trash primo mini now.

Anyway, to my question...there are very clearly good, bad, great and terrible quality mods out there....can anyone recommend to me a good or great quality made mod for a decent price? I don't care about lights or fancy looks...I want something QUALITY made... Any suggestions?? Thanks!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
When it comes to a quality vape, whatever Teslacigs is using is pretty sweet for the price. I view that as almost better than my radius (though, only because it does TC well).

The aspire speeder gets a ton of likes from its users, and it's still on my short list but I don't need any mods right now, unfortunately, as I really like the design.

You can get into the DNA mods if you are really wanting something fancy that does TC well... I don't think I can really get one as I'm sure I'd scratch the display screen just you know, turning it on, but there are some lovely high quality options.

Best of luck,

Anna

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
hey, so I've been vaping about 6 months. And I've tried a few different mods. What I've noticed is that there is a HUGE difference in quality in some mods. Right now I have a joyetech evic primo mini 80w..and its absolutley atrocious. It couldn't be worse. The battery life is horrendous. I legit have to charge it 4 times a day..I have to always have my charger with me. The weak battery sign comes on even after a full charge if I use it more than a few fires... When the battery gets below half, the thing barely pulls any vapor at all..so really, u only get a half battery life. And, this is the worst part...if u go above like 47 watts...it shows weak battery immediately and stops fireing!

I couldn't be more disappointed with this piece of junk. I'll never buy joyetech again.

Now, when I first started vaping I had a kangertech mini Kbox..and compared to the evic primo mini..it was a thousand times better..and after that I had a eleaf pico istick mini.. This was by far the better of the three. Unfortunately my gf lost it, hence the reason I have this piece of trash primo mini now.

Anyway, to my question...there are very clearly good, bad, great and terrible quality mods out there....can anyone recommend to me a good or great quality made mod for a decent price? I don't care about lights or fancy looks...I want something QUALITY made... Any suggestions?? Thanks!

That is very unusual because the Kanger Kbox was never considered a well built mod, lots of complaints about the quality. Do a search right here on Evic Primo, users rave about how much they love it. Perhaps you got a bad unit. Also Joyetech owns Eleaf who makes your Pico.

Truztn01

Nov 16, 2017
That is very unusual because the Kanger Kbox was never considered a well built mod, lots of complaints about the quality. Do a search right here on Evic Primo, users rave about how much they love it. Perhaps you got a bad unit. Also Joyetech owns Eleaf who makes your Pico.
really? wow..ok good to know.. so im not saying that the kbox is good quality..im just saying compared to what im using right now, it was a lot more reliable...it lasted atleast 24hrs on full charge...and i never got any problems with it...this primo mini has been nothing but problems...i cant even use it above 48 watts man lol...this is terrible.. and ive tried 3 different batteries..they have all done the exact same thing in the evic mini..and in the istick pico they were all legit..no problems at all...so it is disappointing..I thought that it may be a clone mod...but i upgraded firmware and it recognized it...so from what ive read..that means its not a fake right? forgive me, im still fairly new to vaping...im trying to get a good understanding of differences in the marketplace. thanks for all the feedback

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
really? wow..ok good to know.. so im not saying that the kbox is good quality..im just saying compared to what im using right now, it was a lot more reliable...it lasted atleast 24hrs on full charge...and i never got any problems with it...this primo mini has been nothing but problems...i cant even use it above 48 watts man lol...this is terrible.. and ive tried 3 different batteries..they have all done the exact same thing in the evic mini..and in the istick pico they were all legit..no problems at all...so it is disappointing..I thought that it may be a clone mod...but i upgraded firmware and it recognized it...so from what ive read..that means its not a fake right? forgive me, im still fairly new to vaping...im trying to get a good understanding of differences in the marketplace. thanks for all the feedback
There are a few options,the Cuboid 150 (FW update to 200). There are still a few of these floating around to buy .
Smok alien 220
Both of these mods are affordable and work really well in wattage or TC mode.

Reactions: Beamslider

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
What battery's are you using?
Name brand & any letters / numbers on wrap to identify.
How old are they / how many recharge cycles do they have?
As cells are used & age they loose capacity, the harder they're pushed the faster they degrade.

Single cell power devices used 30ish W and above don't have what anyone would call good battery life.

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
Right now I have a joyetech evic primo mini 80w..and its absolutley atrocious. It couldn't be worse. The battery life is horrendous. I legit have to charge it 4 times a day..I have to always have my charger with me. The weak battery sign comes on even after a full charge if I use it more than a few fires... When the battery gets below half, the thing barely pulls any vapor at all..so really, u only get a half battery life. And, this is the worst part...if u go above like 47 watts...it shows weak battery immediately and stops fireing!
I was at my favorite vape shop a couple of weeks ago and there was someone in there with the same mod and the same problem. The shop owner checked it out and saw that the battery door was "a little loose", and not making good negative contact between the battery and the mod. He "tightened" something with a pair needle nosed pliers and the problem was solved. Customer was very happy.

Wish I could give you more specifics, but I wasn't really paying that much attention since I don't have one of those. My suggestion would be to check your battery door and make sure it closes tightly and makes good contact. When the mod starts giving the error message, press the battery door closed with your other hand and try to take a hit to see what happens.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
I agree on all the battery suggestions.
.As for my answer to quality, from my experience only...keep that in mind.

Vaporesso Revenger
Voopoo Drag
Asmodus Osmoniummmmm (sleeping, who needs it)
And my favorite, Lost Vape Therion 75C.

All of these have been solid and reliable.

My bad ones...
Smok qbox. Overheating and generally a disagreeable device.
Wismec Gen 3 300 or whatever it was called. For 3 batteries it blew, build quality on mine left me wanting.

I've only bought batteries from reputable dealers and only from the top choices. They're not expensive and worth their weight.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Ooh stay away from Alien220w ... I am pretty darn hard on my devices but Ive been through 3 of them in as many months. I love the form factor and big readable readout with all the info, great versatility and ease of use etc... but they dont hold up! Invariably something gives out.
I went to DNA 200 (lava box) because I cant deal with Joules on the other better TC mods, and so far very nice * although the readout on my second one is starting to glitch, intermittently going dark and actually scrolling sometimes while still functioning. So far Ive gotten good warranty service from Volcano cigs, and the prices have dropped. I gave up on the LavaBox dna 75 as it glitched out and I got a refund.

Truztn01

Nov 16, 2017
I was at my favorite vape shop a couple of weeks ago and there was someone in there with the same mod and the same problem. The shop owner checked it out and saw that the battery door was "a little loose", and not making good negative contact between the battery and the mod. He "tightened" something with a pair needle nosed pliers and the problem was solved. Customer was very happy.

Wish I could give you more specifics, but I wasn't really paying that much attention since I don't have one of those. My suggestion would be to check your battery door and make sure it closes tightly and makes good contact. When the mod starts giving the error message, press the battery door closed with your other hand and try to take a hit to see what happens.
I've heard of this also! Was it a screw on the very bottom beside the battery door? Or did he open something up or take anything apart first? Cuz I've been looking around and heard that this could be fixed by just tightening the screw on the bottom... Do u kno if that's what it was?

Truztn01

Nov 16, 2017
Ooh stay away from Alien220w ... I am pretty darn hard on my devices but Ive been through 3 of them in as many months. I love the form factor and big readable readout with all the info, great versatility and ease of use etc... but they dont hold up! Invariably something gives out.
I went to DNA 200 (lava box) because I cant deal with Joules on the other better TC mods, and so far very nice * although the readout on my second one is starting to glitch, intermittently going dark and actually scrolling sometimes while still functioning. So far Ive gotten good warranty service from Volcano cigs, and the prices have dropped. I gave up on the LavaBox dna 75 as it glitched out and I got a refund.
I've read some serious horror stories about the alien 220.. I don't think I'll be paying good money for one of those any time soon..I've actually heard that anything by smok is terrible these days.... I'm thinking of a battlestar by Smoant.. Or the aspire speeder? Any feedback on these two?

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
I've heard of this also! Was it a screw on the very bottom beside the battery door? Or did he open something up or take anything apart first? Cuz I've been looking around and heard that this could be fixed by just tightening the screw on the bottom... Do u kno if that's what it was?
I *think* he tightened a screw and also tightened up the battery door hinge a little. Next time I go by there I'll ask if he remembers exactly what he did.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I have had the Vb alien 220 for right at a year and mine is still going strong without any problems. With the exception of the black paint that has chipped off. I know a lot of people that did get bad units as you posted though.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Well, the best, of course, are the ones I make, but that doesn't help you much as I don't make many and the ones I do are usually mechs. I have personally have had good luck with the Reuleaux RX200s. There are new models out there now by the same people. Also, the old Vapor Flasks are well thought of. I have a standard model-- shaped like and the size of a pocket flask, two batteries, quality gear-- as well as a Stout. I can heartily recommend both, but the Stout is a 26650 mod, meaning you'll need new batteries-- you need new batteries anyway, see below-- and is less pocket friendly

And I tend to agree your problem is probably you need new batteries rather than a new mod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread