Best quality made mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
According to the IIHS modern cars are very safe. I hit a wall doing 50 mph in my 2005 Grand Am, I didn't have one scratch on me. Aluminium is an element btw not an alloy.
Buddy get off your statistics kick here. We all have Google its not impressive. And. No one was talking about safety. Yeah today's cars are built to explode on impact. It a sales method. I've seen it 1000 times. Simple parking lot bumper accidents. These new cars need an entire rear end replaced or quarter panel. Running in the thousands of dollars. ...... But the American steel never has a scratch in it. Like I said for strength ill gladly go head on in that compared to some 2017 Asian aluminum can..

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

RMK4444

Oct 10, 2017
AB, CANADA
According to the IIHS modern cars are very safe. I hit a wall doing 50 mph in my 2005 Grand Am, I didn't have one scratch on me. Aluminium is an element btw not an alloy.
No ...... I never said aluminum was a alloy. Get a life buddy you sound dumber every comment

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Buddy get off your statistics kick here. We all have Google its not impressive. And. No one was talking about safety. Yeah today's cars are built to explode on impact. It a sales method. I've seen it 1000 times. Simple parking lot bumper accidents. These new cars need an entire rear end replaced or quarter panel. Running in the thousands of dollars. ...... But the American steel never has a scratch in it. Like I said for strength ill gladly go head on in that compared to some 2017 Asian aluminum can..

You’re comparing American steel to aluminum. The pot metal these mods are made of is not American steel and the cars you speak of made of zinc alloy don’t exist, unless we’re talking about match-box cars. Nevertheless I’ll take a mod made of either because I’m not driving down the road in my mod, just vaping it.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
A true good quality mod, is slowly becoming a unicorn :( Sure the DNA is a good quality Chip! But A lot of DNA mods today are assembled in China :( They are very poorly assembled, shoddy soldering, sub standard wiring. In short not built to last.
I'm sorry to say, in todays "Best Price" market, the only way your getting a real good quality mod, is to build it your self.

The people have spoken! No one wanted to pay several hundred dollars for a mod, most of the better mod making (American) companies have gone out of business :( The days of a mod lasting many years are gone :(
Agreed, most are disposable mods and not built to last, but there are still some good quality mods being made, but they are expensive and not easy to get....I don't own any, but have heard the dicode mods are very good , also stratum by olc in russia. I happen to own a few stratums and they are incredible, a true work of art and definitely built to last...there are alot more, but they aren't mainstream and like I said, very expensive. ..there's one kat was talking about recently called the double barrel or something? Possibly made in the US and supposedly like bomb proof, but most dont spend on those because just like a car, most want something new after a year or two anyways, so buying something that lasts doesn't really mean much these days

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Zinc alloy is by far the most common material regulated mods these days are made of. And aluminium is usually regarded as a premium material, and is arguably tougher.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk
I agree, a mod made from aluminum is much tougher and better and is something I'd much rather have then zink.

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
@bombastinator I'm pretty hard on stuff. Winter is really bad, but I beat things up. It's just the job, being a programmer that works from home means I spend a lot of time messing around. No commute. 4 hours a day of work, it leaves a lot of messing around time. I have plenty of mods, so I don't really worry about much, but this plastic P.O.S. is winning lately.

Reactions: stols001

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I agree, a mod made from aluminum is much tougher and better and is something I'd much rather have then zink.

For me personally, it doesn't matter much. In day to day use there's little difference for me, and I wouldn't pay much of a premium for aluminium. But it is ridiculous when someone thinks zinc alloy is the higher quality material.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
For me personally, it doesn't matter much. In day to day use there's little difference for me, and I wouldn't pay much of a premium for aluminium. But it is ridiculous when someone thinks zinc alloy is the higher quality material.

I just love mods that aren't painted , so for me, I would pay a little more. Also , although it's not that much difference, the lighter the better. There's one inexpensive mod I have, the nx75 and it's like 20 bucks more in the aluminum version , which I like. So for me, if there's an option, I will buy, but if not, not really a big deal...

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
A quality mod is a combination between the External and the Internal, case in point; way back i picked up a Smok Zmax( actually a half dozen of them) the stainless steel body was excellent.......the 510,electronics etc were garbage( the longest one had lasted was a month).......I then went to the Sigelei Zmax and never looked back......

• Useful

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I just love mods that aren't painted , so for me, I would pay a little more. Also , although it's not that much difference, the lighter the better. There's one inexpensive mod I have, the nx75 and it's like 20 bucks more in the aluminum version , which I like. So for me, if there's an option, I will buy, but if not, not really a big deal...

Anodized aluminum is fantastic indeed. When it comes to unpainted mods, ss mods to match ss rtas is what I'm most interested in. Not many available though...

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
One problem with this industry is that by the time a device has proven to be a long term performer it has been discontinued.

My Yihi's have been the best long term performers. Next best is Lost Vape but their gunmetal paint has a tendency to peal. Next is HCigar although they can be quirky, each one with it's own "why did you design it like that?". Next up Vaporesso. Next Kanger and Eleaf. Bottom feeders have been Smok and Wizbang (Wismec). To be fair, I've only owned two Wismec Predators. They were landfill. From what I've read some Wismecs do well. Oh, then there's Sigelei. The 213 is a structurally solid mod although it wont do what is says it will. The E1 came DOA landfill in a box.

• Useful

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Anodized aluminum is fantastic indeed. When it comes to unpainted mods, ss mods to match ss rtas is what I'm most interested in. Not many available though...

That is a nice combo for sure... it's funny, I guess I dislike painted mods more then I thought, because I just looked and have zero painted mods...I probably have 15 mods and most are in fact aluminum. A couple are delrin, SS, wood, and one is nickel coated, but none are zink I guess....oh wait, I do have 2 old vaporshark mods that are painted and zink, but they look pretty bad, half of the paint is coming off...oh shoot, my jac vapour is painted too, so my bad, I do have a few

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
That is a nice combo for sure... it's funny, I guess I dislike painted mods more then I thought, because I just looked and have zero painted mods...I probably have 15 mods and most are in fact aluminum. A couple are delrin, SS, wood, and one is nickel coated, but none are zink I guess....oh wait, I do have 2 old vaporshark mods that are painted and zink, but they look pretty bad, half of the paint is coming off...oh shoot, my jac vapour is painted too, so my bad, I do have a few

Pretty much all the mods I have in circulation are painted zinc alloy. Plenty of unpainted ss, copper, brass etc mods in storage, but those are all mech mods that I don't use anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread