Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
Nemesis mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment
SKU 1448300
Price
$29.08
QTY
1Ready to ship

But I have a bunch of other stuff in that order that's not ready! GRRR.

Just cancel the other items on your order or make a ticket to have your order split.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I'm not a fan of the clones either, but being a broke and broken man, pennies count, and I need this thing like another hole in the head, but man, it sure is purdy! I think I'm gonna have to get one! I was wondering what to put on top of it until I saw the video's with the RSST on it, I think that's about as sleek as it can get right there! Now I've got to read up and learn about the RSST! This place is EVIL!!!!

makaluch

Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
I almost pulled the trigger on the RSST too. I think I'll learn how to build a good coil before grabbing a genesis style atty. Looking at the AGA-T2 for the glass tank, or the RSST for the no-short, insulated wick hole. I'm trying to take it slow. I'd be broke for 3 months if I bought everything I want. :facepalm:

Last edited:

fr0st

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2013
SGV, CA
I almost pulled the trigger on the RSST too. I think I'll learn how to build a good coil before grabbing a genesis style atty. Looking at the AGA-T2 for the glass tank, or the RSST for the no-short, insulated wick hole. I'm trying to take it slow. I'd be broke for 3 months if I bought everything I want. :facepalm:

I would be in the poor house hugging my mods if I bought all the mods and atty's I wanted. lol

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
There's nothing like the real thing baby, there's nothing like the real thing....
uploadfromtaptalk1378776853202.jpg
I orderd one from fastech anyway to compare it to the real one...it amazed me to see how china is cloning every damm mod and atty that comes out..so I will post my update here with side by side pics..

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
There's nothing like the real thing baby, there's nothing like the real thing....
View attachment 249901
I orderd one from fastech anyway to compare it to the real one...it amazed me to see how china is cloning every damm mod and atty that comes out..so I will post my update here with side by side pics..

I wish I could find one, much less be able to afford one, but way to rich for my blood! They are so pretty, and expensive, I'd be half afraid to use it in the house even!
Here's my logic on this, as sad as it may be! I picked up a used Legacy in the classifieds, love it! But I was thinking about getting the 18350 tube, that's $25, then grab a couple extra springs, figure $2 ea, then I've got to buy the screw kit so I can adjust it for the batteries I want to use. Not sure if you know how the Legacy is built, but the spring isn't held in place buy anything, and you have to shim the contact screw with washers to adjust it to work with different batteries. As it's used, I didn't get the shims. No biggie, BUT by the time I buy all of this, I've spent more on spares than I would on this one mod, that does all of that, the springs don't get lost, it's easy to swap battery sizes, adjust the internal pins for battery connection and atty connection, no shims to lose etc. I'm not badmouthing the Legacy mind you, just saying for me, this is a better choice! Then I can take this fishing, out and about, and depending on what I have on top of it, I'm out $40-60 if I lose it! Plus it looks just flat beautiful to boot!
I was leery of it at first, seems most of these clones need some fiddling to make them work, but after watching the videos tonight, I have to say I'm pretty well sold on this thing!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I consider them counterfeits because they intentionally use the company logo(s) on the device which we all know is illegal. I personally have no problem with clones but when they intentionally use other company logos in my book it is a counterfeit.

I have to completely agree with this! I don't like that fact of it either, even making the serial numbers to look the same! I'm honest, if I did sell one I'd state it was a clone, but is everyone? I can see someone getting scammed in the future off of one of these clones, unfortunately!

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan, yearning for home
I would be sure of a solid bet, that with any of these knockoffs, they are going to wear (finish or mechanical) quicker than their counterparts. So, resale of these things when they get a little older, I think you'll be able to tell the difference.

Finish? Probably. Mechanical? Um.... not likely.

However, spending $200 on a mod, you can probably get what, $160 for it used? Maybe $175 if it's highly desired and hard to find? You pay $50 for a knockoff, and sell it later on get $30? Maybe as little as $20? You're still likely to come out on top.

gokusnimbus

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2013
los angeles
a blank chemesis would be perfect!!!

i have to agree with rvh414, copying the logo is straight up counterfeit BUT they are being sold up front as clones.

judging from the photos everything is almost exact but the dead give away is bottom switch logo engraving. the "Atmomixani" on the original is on the edge of the circle while the clone leaves more space around the outside. pretty sure they'll fix that on version 2.

rvh414

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
San Antonio
a blank chemesis would be perfect!!!

i have to agree with rvh414, copying the logo is straight up counterfeit BUT they are being sold up front as clones.

judging from the photos everything is almost exact but the dead give away is bottom switch logo engraving. the "Atmomixani" on the original is on the edge of the circle while the clone leaves more space around the outside. pretty sure they'll fix that on version 2.

I'm thinking along the line of resale and process of exchanging hands for those who are unable to tell the difference between the real deal. The use of using other company Logos and placing it on any device (or anything) is consider to be a form deception.

Last edited:

makaluch

Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
I agree. The US can't win in global open trade, especially when patent laws do not apply internationally. That said, I do think remanufacturers should have some respect....for the folks that put the time into designing the original, and the folks that also buy and sell in the used markets. Change the logo or make it easily identifiable as not original. I know it's all rainbows and unicorns....business is war, like it or not.

The other side of the coin us, the consumer, and our respect. Me, personally...I'm only willing to pay so much for respect. We are talking about 2hrs of my labor vs. 8hrs of my labor to pay for this battery tube. When 6hrs of my labor goes into my gas tank every week, it's difficult to be very respectful. I won't ever deceive a buyer and I'll credit the creator with the impeccable design. It's brilliant for sure.

Speaking of design; I plan on running it in 500 mode. I'll get a kick eventually. Button top or flathead?

makaluch

Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
It's a moot point unless you're buying a used one or you're the owner in Greece or a distributor. This is what happens when manufacturing is outsourced into factories in China where patent laws don't apply. Either way, it is what it is. I'm sure this isn't the first clone and it certainly won't be the last. None of them are identical in every way but it looks like a duck so... yup... it's probably a duck. I bought one because they're affordable, small with a killer switch, hit like a freight train, and if I run it over in my driveway I won't want to punch myself in the face. Can we move on yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread