Nemesis/chemesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdffs

Dec 19, 2013
Melbourne, Oz
Anybody order one of the mixed nemmys that FT posted yesterday?

Sadly yes - these are absolutely appalling. I also bought their SS/VW version, and that's fantastic - excellent threading and finish all round.

However, the mixed version:

Has poor threading on various tubes, and on the 510 connector.
Does not have the nicely rounded edges to the airflow ring holes - the holes are straight punched with sharp edges.
Has a scuffed 18650 tube.
Has all-round poorer fit to the tubes, and the air flow ring has hard corners, rather than the nice, ever-so-slightly rounded corners of the SS/VW version.

And finally, the most appalling piece of QC:
Both the air holes in the top cap, and in the battery tube (under the locking ring) are simply punched straight through, and not cleaned up at all - there are huge burrs inside where the chunks of metal from the hole punch left them. What this means is that you can't even insert a battery, because there are massive chunks of metal sticking out into the battery tube from all four of the battery air holes. I had to get the Dremel out and grind them down just to fit the battery through.

Absolutely avoid at all costs - this mixed version is definitely not from the same manufacturer as the SS/VW version.

Last edited:

slavkov

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Bulgaria
Hello there!
zu7amy2u.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
i just got one of the hcigar clones and the air flow adjuster ring spins and spins and doesnt stop, is that how it is suppose to be or does it stop once u get to the end the turns the other way?

Joking right? No?

The air Flow ring will spin forever. it only allows Air flow when aligned with the 2 dots(indentations)
Full is Both aligned
1/2 is one lined up
Closed is any other position

Also pulls off for easy clean up

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
i just got one of the hcigar clones and the air flow adjuster ring spins and spins and doesnt stop, is that how it is suppose to be or does it stop once u get to the end the turns the other way?

The o-rings on the HCIGAR clones that I've purchased are terrible. They're too thin or something and there's not enough friction so the airflow ring wouldn't stay where I set it and instead would spin freely out of control. I assume that this is the problem that you're referencing. I purchased replacement o-rings (to fit a real Nemesis) and they work great, problem solved.

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
I just got my ft nemesis clone and it's pretty freaking fantastic. I've never seen a real one but I can tell even from pictures that there are some differences in appearance/materials quality. It vapes awesome, though. I'm really impressed with the build quality, too. The threads are silky smooth. I can screw in the body tube with one hard spin. The switch is nice, too. Now that I have it perfectly adjusted, there's no crunchi-ness. And the adjustability is my favorite part - every atty I have and every battery I have can be made to fit perfectly. I also really like the small size - that's my other favorite part. The nemesis clone with an 18650 is smaller than my magneto with an 18500. This could be the best $25 bucks I've ever spent on vape gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread