Status
Not open for further replies.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I ordered on 4/7 (Sat)...they came on 4/9 (Mon)- wow!! fast shipping and I don't mind paying a bit extra when they come so fast and packaged nicely. 80% charge on them to begin with- charged them up and have been vaping ever since- my favorite batts now- in my Grand-no nipple- no problem. In the Woodvil, it doesn't make contact, but easily remedied with a small cylinder of a magnet. Beats the AW IMR's hands down....sold all my old Ultrafire 18650's on the classies last night- no problem here- old batts paid for the new ones and then some!!! These batts are higly recommended!!!

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
How do they look the same? The original Panasonic is on the left in grey while the "Orbtronic" is on the right, in black with a sticker.

Whatever these are, they are not Panasonics.
Here it says they are Panasonic batts repackaged for Orbtronic.
Protected 3100mAh 18650 Li-ion Battery - Cell Panasonic NCR18650A - Protection ICs- Made in Japan - Top Button

$12.99
0 review(s)

Protected 3100mAh Panasonic NCR18650A 18650 Battery Cell - Assembled by Orbtronic. Cell , and protection IC made in Japan.Best 18650 Li-ion battery on the market- tested , and confirmed.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
How do they look the same? The original Panasonic is on the left in grey while the "Orbtronic" is on the right, in black with a sticker.

Whatever these are, they are not Panasonics.
Why? Because the stickers are different? The item description specifically states--"Bare cell: made by Panasonic-Made in Japan".
Ok, what does that mean? Is a bare cell just part of a battery that is manufactured by someone else or is it a battery that has no emblem attached to it? Just asking--I really don't know.

Last edited:

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
The inner cells of that "Orbtronic" might be made by Panasonic, I don't know about that. But the result is an Orbtronic battery, not a Panasonic. The Kallies Customs I've seen pictures of are indeed genuine Panasonic batteries, with a simple sticker added.
The "Orbtronics" here look nothing like a Panasonic and we only have the word of the seller that they are.
I wouldn't risk it myself, I've seen too many battery fakes.

Strontium

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Hurricane State
The inner cells of that "Orbtronic" might be made by Panasonic, I don't know about that. But the result is an Orbtronic battery, not a Panasonic. The Kallies Customs I've seen pictures of are indeed genuine Panasonic batteries, with a simple sticker added.
The "Orbtronics" here look nothing like a Panasonic and we only have the word of the seller that they are.
I wouldn't risk it myself, I've seen too many battery fakes.

Why would Orbtronic sell original Panasonic at $8.99 at their store, and top button at $8.99 ?? :)

Do you have any fake Panasonic ? I've never seen any fake Panasonic battery in my life.

Why would I buy Callie's same Panasonic cell for $18.95 ? Because of that small sticker :)

Skeeter T

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Just received today some CGR18650CH's from Orbtronic and they are not labeled Panasonic, but they are labeled "MADE IN JAPAN". BTW, ordered them on 4/13 PM and received them on 4/16 PM. If you don't count Sat & Sun, that's one business day delivery from FLA to CAL, and shipped free via first class mail. That's fast.

If you look again, the ad for the button top states "Manufacturer: Panasonic - Orbtronic", which means it's a Panasonic re-wrapped by Orbtronic with a button top. I see no reason to doubt this. Orbtronic realized the button top is critical to some applications and surely have Panasonic's approval to add it. It's not critical in the Grand.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
In regards to whether the new button-top Orbtronic batteries were indeed Panasonics, I decided to e-mail Orbtronics and ask them directly about it. They were more than willing to respond. As I understand the forum rules, I can't copy and paste an e-mail(unless it's a mass e-mail), so I will paraphrase what they said.
The button-top CGR18650CH is the same as the flat-top CGR18650CH. If you were to remove the sleeve from either battery, you would find the same Panasonic bar codes present on the cell. If you were to test battery performance, you would find them to be comparable. The button-top battery was created because of demand from personal vaporizer users and some flashlight hobbyists. It is the same CGR18650CH with a welded top button.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
In regards to whether the new button-top Orbtronic batteries were indeed Panasonics, I decided to e-mail Orbtronics and ask them directly about it. They were more than willing to respond. As I understand the forum rules, I can't copy and paste an e-mail(unless it's a mass e-mail), so I will paraphrase what they said.
The button-top CGR18650CH is the same as the flat-top CGR18650CH. If you were to remove the sleeve from either battery, you would find the same Panasonic bar codes present on the cell. If you were to test battery performance, you would find them to be comparable. The button-top battery was created because of demand from personal vaporizer users and some flashlight hobbyists. It is the same CGR18650CH with a welded top button.

Great job Roger! Thank you so much!

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Where to get a small button magnet for the flat top? I'm using a penny in my Woodvil which works, but afraid it really wouldn't allow the spring to compress if there were an issue (curve of the wood- not so much that the spring is compressed).

I actually have a few, Dave. PM me your address and I'll send a couple off to you.:)

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread