New Joyetech 20watt eGrip

Status
Not open for further replies.

RooN

Jul 21, 2015
No leaking, because there are hardly any holes to leak from ;). I use the bottompeace of the 0.5 coil in a 1.0 ohm clr coil on my ego one and mega. This is a perfect draw for me. But in the egrip there is no difference between the airflow of a 0.5 or 1.0 coil. And the silicon thing on top of the clr makes the tiny airhole even tinier. Well pure mouth to lung vapers might like it and I must be honnest, the taste is amazing ... Almost like it's a totally different juice. I'll stick with the egrip rba or a ego one clr for outdoors.

Reactions: Dimplegirl

Dimplegirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
New Jersey
No leaking, because there are hardly any holes to leak from ;). I use the bottompeace of the 0.5 coil in a 1.0 ohm clr coil on my ego one and mega. This is a perfect draw for me. But in the egrip there is no difference between the airflow of a 0.5 or 1.0 coil. And the silicon thing on top of the clr makes the tiny airhole even tinier. Well pure mouth to lung vapers might like it and I must be honnest, the taste is amazing ... Almost like it's a totally different juice. I'll stick with the egrip rba or a ego one clr for outdoors.

So it tastes better then the RBA? Did you get the CL base in the US?

Dimplegirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
New Jersey
For taste in the egrip? I would say the clr. BUT it's not only about taste! To me vaping with the clr in the egrip is very unsatisfying: to tight an airflow and little vape.

Thank you RooN! I guess when they hit the US, I will have to try the CLR. I love the RBA vape, but the leaks when out of the house and carrying in my pocket can be a pain.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Leaking has been a major issue for me too. Not constantly, but it happens more than enough. Messes up the lining of my purse.
Would you say the draw of the CLR is similar to that of the GS coils? And you can still adjust the air using the little screw on the device?

I do find it a little odd that only Greece is carrying these bases so far. Hope more places gets them in stock soon. Or you can order the whole CL eGrip from China like I did and wait forever lol.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
By the way, I just checked my tracking on my eGrip and it's in New York now! Hopefully it'll make it to me by Saturday (my birthday!!) and I don't get too drunk that night and lose it AGAIN. But yea... 3FVapes has pretty fast shipping for China!

July 16 - Order placed
July 17 - Acceptance in China
July 18 - Processed through sort facility in Shenzen
July 22 - Processed through sort facility in New York

$48 for the full kit.. not a bad deal for anyone looking to get another eGrip. :D
I went ahead and ordered some CLR coils from Worldofvape.com. About $10 for a 5 pack of them and $2.50 for the cheapest shipping option. Looks like I'll be vapin' good real soon. Not that I'm not vaping good right now but.. you know what I mean.

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
Clr with 1ohm not work into v1...Cl base is diferent than cs...you can screw cl ego one atomizers into v1,but you must have special silicone caps on that atomizers
My understanding though is that is because the V1 eGrip can't handle 1 ohm ... if the coil was rewound to a higher resistance it should work ... but I can't be sure as I can't buy the CL bases in Australia.

I have modified my RBA, completely closing the 2 holes that when assembled, reside behind the posts by soldering them shut with lead-free solder. At the same time, I drilled the remaining 2 holes out to 1.4mm. Have put 2 tanks through it, no leaks, no weeps ... winner ;)

Reactions: vjdossey

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
In order to get the Aspire BVC coils to work, you have to remove the metal pin at the bottom of the coil head and replace it with one of the bottom pins from the CS or Eleaf GS Air coils, which are flat instead of long like the BVC coils. They will fit after you switch them out. I liked the BVC coils and there is a newer version of them now with organic cotton which I haven't tried.

Welps.. I already got my CLR coil heads. Egrip is still in New York... hoping it gets to me sometime soon, it's been in the same place for the past 4 days so.. it better get moving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread