New Kanger Box Mod- The Subox

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
Had an eGo style battery with a mini Aerotank 3 (or something like that) which took a 40'+/- fall from a JLG lift when I bent over to get a tool from my tool bag. I learned quick to not carry in my shirt pocket any more.
I know the SS sleeve Vs. the glass would not have made a difference in my case :(

Yes, I'm sure there are some harsh environment where this would be handy. But not being able to see the juice level with taking it apart would be a PITA. Anytime I leave the house with a PV, I always check the juice level.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
That's good to hear. Do you use the prebuilt coils or the RBA? I think I've heard of more people having problems making a connection with the latter, but I also know many people have no issues at all (and conversely, a few have trouble with the occ). Funny how it isn't a universal issue, despite being manufactured by machines.

Edit: Out of curiosity, which four spring-loaded mods do you have?
I just saw you asked which mods. Evic vt, coolfire 4, istick 30 and 50.

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Waycross, Georgia, United States
Honestly, I think the Subox is a little ridiculous now that I'm studying the idea. Does it even have an ohm reader function for the RBA deck? No spring loaded pin (Yes, I have a KBOX, set pins are awful)? And it doesn't come with a battery? Even Aspire has re-wrapped batteries that for better or worse have probably been tested by them quite a bit. Kanger needs that for beginners who easily get ripped off by vendors who have a million battery choices.

I couldn't waste money on this mod until at least the first two options are there. Without those, this mod really isn't worth anything more than a KBOX. $15.
It has a built in ohm meter and the spring loaded version will be released late July.

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Even with a minimum of 0.3+Ω? I thought it only got critical when it was below 0.2Ω.
Some people just want to know exactly what their ohms are *shrugs* at +.3 ohms I think you are safe as long as you have a 20+amp battery because 50w with a .3 ohm coil is pulling a little less than 13 amps. Well within safe limits.

Reactions: cindycated

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Some people just want to know exactly what their ohms are *shrugs* at +.3 ohms I think you are safe as long as you have a 20+amp battery.
My Coolfire 4 and Evic-VT are super accurate. My MVP 3 is atrocious, and my Isticks are close enough. I never cared before, but now that I see how accurate it is with my Coolfire, it's kind of annoying how inaccurate my others are. I don't think it really makes much difference though. Don't mind me, just useless rambling as usual lol.

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
My Coolfire 4 and Evic-VT are super accurate. My MVP 3 is atrocious, and my Isticks are close enough. I never cared before, but now that I see how accurate it is with my Coolfire, it's kind of annoying how inaccurate my others are. I don't think it really makes much difference though. Don't mind me, just useless rambling as usual lol.

Don't mind at all. I am chillen. In my happy place. You can't see it very well, but that is it.
LyaP2e4.jpg

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Even down though lol, If you don't blow it towards the window you're setting yourself up for 3 seconds of vapevision minimum.
I just keep repeating "At least I don't drip and drive"
:pervy:
I have my designated dripper do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread