New Kanger Box Mod- The Subox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a white subox mini that suddenly stopped working. Last night it just went dead. Would not turn on, screen blank. Changed the battery- remained dead. Today it turned on but keeps flashing the resistance value and will not fire any tank I have tried. Using the 1.5 Ohm coil. I have no idea what that is telling me. Any suggestions on what to do?

Last edited:

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Some people just want to know exactly what their ohms are *shrugs* at +.3 ohms I think you are safe as long as you have a 20+amp battery because 50w with a .3 ohm coil is pulling a little less than 13 amps. Well within safe limits.
I like to know so I can throw my topper from regulated to mech without wondering what the hundredth is, also lets you know how close you are to being too low to fire when rebuilding.

Reactions: blivey

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Waycross, Georgia, United States
I like to know so I can throw my topper from regulated to mech without wondering what the hundredth is, also lets you know how close you are to being too low to fire when rebuilding.
Gotcha. I haven't ever dealt with mechs.

Reactions: vjdossey

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Went with the blackout.....

2015-06-29 20.12.10.jpg

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
I have a white subox mini that suddenly stopped working. Last night it just went dead. Would not turn on, screen blank. Changed the battery- remained dead. Today it turned on but keeps flashing the resistance value and will not fire any tank I have tried. Using the 1.5 Ohm coil. I have no idea what that is telling me. Any suggestions on what to do?

With the tank removed, does anything show in the OLED? If you press the fire button does anything show in the OLED? Can you turn it on and off by doing the 5 button press?

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I think I saw a glow-in-the-dark drip tip on FT. That should work.

If only I could get a tip black in the day and glow at night. I actually have the glow in the dark tips coming in the mail. I always add a few random things in my fasttech orders. It takes so long to get here I can forget the little things and get a surprise when it comes.

With the tank removed, does anything show in the OLED? If you press the fire button does anything show in the OLED? Can you turn it on and off by doing the 5 button press?
Yes, it will turn off and on, with the tank off it shows 9.9 and full battery charge, with the tank on the resistance indicator flashes.

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
If only I could get a tip black in the day and glow at night. I actually have the glow in the dark tips coming in the mail. I always add a few random things in my fasttech orders. It takes so long to get here I can forget the little things and get a surprise when it comes.

Amazing. I think you've completely summed up the FT experience in your last sentence. :ohmy:

Here's the closest thing I could find at FT, if you don't mind the cheesy logo.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
Photo grey glass drip tip? Like the Transition glasses lenses. Lol

Reactions: vjdossey

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
Yes, it will turn off and on, with the tank off it shows 9.9 and full battery charge, with the tank on the resistance indicator flashes.

It sounds like the mod is working OK. Based on your other answers, it might be that the 510 connector is flaky between the mod and the tank. On the bottom of the tank there is a metal pin pushed up into the insulator. With a small flathead screwdriver, try to pull that pin out ~1 mm, then replace the tank back on the mod. With that pin out a little bit, it should make good contact with the 510 connector in the mod. I've had this problem before by over tightening the tank onto the mod. It only needs to be snug to make a good contact.

EDIT: I have confirmed that a flashing ohm indicator means that it's not making a good 510 connection. Another possibility is that the 510 connector in the mod has been pushed down. Have you put any other toppers on this mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread