New Kanger T3 Bottom Coil 2.5 ml Clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
If I can solve the leak issue I would be loving this thing. Not having a problem with dry hits when it works though. 4v seems to be the sweet spot on the Ego twists. Anything above I get dry hits.

That is strange on the leaking reports. I've been using them for over a month and I haven't had any leak a drop.If I get any dryhits I take a couple of draws on it before I depress the fire button. If it persists in giving dryhits I lift the silicone cap up off the wick a little and don't screw it down real tight.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
No leaks with my T3 I purchased at Stormy's. I am on day 17. I have had a few issues with the gurgles. However, a soaking in some warm water and a quick dry burn alleviated that problem. I don't want to brag so I will just post. I am using it on a apollo tube with a ego adapter. 4.0-4-3 volts on this thing. (My setting/voltage.)

In addition, I use 80/20. The head reminds me of the old c2s that would last for a month if cleaned/used in a tank system.

Woody-GC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
SW Kansas
I've been getting dry hits as well. Bought mine on Friday and it's barely had 1.5 tanks or so go through it. 2 at the most. It's annoying to say the least. 50/50 juice, SR head, on an eGo Twist at around 4.0ohm.

I received my T-3 Saturday and ran about 3 tanks through it. I also had extreme dry hits to start. I unscrewed the base 3/8 of a turn and haven't had a dry hit since. It didn't leak when I did this which is a plus! Possible the silicone washer is cutting off the flow of juice through the wicks. Mine was supposed to be a 2.4 ohm, but it come in at 1.8 ohm. Otherwise great taste.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
I received my T-3 Saturday and ran about 3 tanks through it. I also had extreme dry hits to start. I unscrewed the base 3/8 of a turn and haven't had a dry hit since. It didn't leak when I did this which is a plus! Possible the silicone washer is cutting off the flow of juice through the wicks. Mine was supposed to be a 2.4 ohm, but it come in at 1.8 ohm. Otherwise great taste.

I will have to see if I remembered to toss my T3 into my go bag for work today. If I did, I will try this. Otherwise I'll try when I get home tonight. My T2s are still working like champs (as a side note :) )

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
I am using mine right now. I am on the 3rd tank full of Pink Spot/Pink Spot on the SR head. Got it set at 4.0v on my Provari, and I have used it on my Darwin at 6.4 watts. It is a cooler vape, due to the fact that the coil is on the bottom, and not the top. It feeds better that way, but really changes the taste of some juices. This one is really about convenience, and lack of dry hits. I get lots of vapor, it's easy to fill, but it's just a cool vape. I like that I can throw it in my bag and just not worry about it and put it on anything. This is a great candidate for any juice you get with a super strong throat hit, or too much mentol or something like that. Put some 24mg Adam's Apple in it, or Frozen Dream from Vaporcast, and you will get throat hit and crazy flavor, but it won't change the fact that it's cooler.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Well, here in a week or so, I'm going to have 5 more of these and 10 SR bases ... so I can play around some to figure out what works.

But last week I was at my local vape store and they're using VVNovas as juice samplers, and I have to admit, I liked the vape from those. So who knows what I'm going to do next if I don't like the T3. I hae T2s that are okay, but not liking the propritary tips.

*sigh* Of course I also have to use 510 to eGo adapters. Ah well, I'll sort it eventually.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
No leaks with my T3 I purchased at Stormy's. I am on day 17. I have had a few issues with the gurgles. However, a soaking in some warm water and a quick dry burn alleviated that problem. I don't want to brag so I will just post. I am using it on a apollo tube with a ego adapter. 4.0-4-3 volts on this thing. (My setting/voltage.)

In addition, I use 80/20. The head reminds me of the old c2s that would last for a month if cleaned/used in a tank system.

Update: I think my coil is done. I obtained my z-max yesterday and placed it on it. LOL I was running this at 0.5ohms on the LT tubes have. I am impressed with the T3 Kanger.

@TXtumbleweed-have you tried a T3 using variable watts?

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I don't see that it's been mentioned here yet, so I wanted to pass this on to the T3 users who haven't seen this in the other posts. Somebody here found that if you take the silicon seal that sits on top of the wicks off, flip it over, and put it back on, it go over the middle pole part, but will not make contact with the wicks. This has really changed this current had I'm using. No more worries about wicking problems. I was getting dry hits every so often, but none at all now. Worth a shot to those who were about to give up on them.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
you must be lucky- i found the kanger t3 not verry good at all-- at first i thought wow-these rock!!!! but soon started getting dry hit every 4 puffs or so... tipped upside down-swirrled it round ect same problem.. using 70pg 30vg so juice is thinn enough.. changed coils and the new one just died after a few puff... the next coil worked good for a week or so but still got dry hits every 4 puffs or so.. at 2.5 om i thought you may be able to turn voltage up but anythin over 3.7 i got burnt taste. they are really easy to refill dont leak but i think the wick is probally too small.. i wanted to like em but now there in the junk draw....

Open the bottom, and put the silicone sleeve over the wicks upside down. No more dry hits and it won't leak through the air hole either

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I am using mine right now. I am on the 3rd tank full of Pink Spot/Pink Spot on the SR head. Got it set at 4.0v on my Provari, and I have used it on my Darwin at 6.4 watts. It is a cooler vape, due to the fact that the coil is on the bottom, and not the top. It feeds better that way, but really changes the taste of some juices. This one is really about convenience, and lack of dry hits. I get lots of vapor, it's easy to fill, but it's just a cool vape. I like that I can throw it in my bag and just not worry about it and put it on anything. This is a great candidate for any juice you get with a super strong throat hit, or too much mentol or something like that. Put some 24mg Adam's Apple in it, or Frozen Dream from Vaporcast, and you will get throat hit and crazy flavor, but it won't change the fact that it's cooler.

For a warmer vape try a Kanger T2 with a LR...

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
If you're looking at the thing I mentioned, you don't remove the post. Just the greyish white silicon wick cover. Slide that up and over the coil center post, and flip it over, and then slide it back on. Or you can take a shortcut and slide it onto tube center post instead. I'll see if I can get some pictures

t3 before and after.jpg

Last edited:

Woody-GC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
SW Kansas
If you're looking at the thing I mentioned, you don't remove the post. Just the greyish white silicon wick cover. Slide that up and over the coil center post, and flip it over, and then slide it back on. Or you can take a shortcut and slide it onto tube center post instead. I'll see if I can get some pictures

View attachment 149792

I tried this and it was allowing too much juice through the wick area. Gurgling and had to keep the liquid blown out of the tube from time to time. I also cleaned my wick and dry burned my coil at the same time so I must have not gotten the the two single strands placed back on top of the coil correctly. Touchy little things! I put it back to original design and now it works perfect.

Woody-GC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
SW Kansas
Wow, that's pretty odd, must be a difference between your juice and mine. Did you have everything snugged up when you put it back together? I haven't had to loosen any of my stuff to make it work since I got mine. I snug it all tight, works great for me *shrug*

Originally I was getting dry hits and unscrewed the base 3/8 turn and worked perfect. Now I can screw it down tight and no dry hits. I don't know what happened, but I still like the T3 better than anything else I've tried except the RBA's. The T3's are much better for me in the workplace though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread