Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Rob perhaps a video on this might be an idea, I don't understand the whole concept, maybe you we can get Russ to do a quick video.

Russ you da man!

A pic would be fine.. o ly need to worry if your nipple is leaking. If it is you would have juice all under the delrin and on your battery and contact pin.

Its either is leaks or it dont. One would notice right away. I don't think it's something thst happends down the road.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I noticed something when I tore mine down at lunch. The nipple wasn't terribly tight and it seems that the plastic sleeve on the firing pin was pinched in between. When I put it back together, I was careful to not trap it and got the pin tight. I've been using it all afternoon at work and nary a leak. Might be something to look out for.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
I noticed something when I tore mine down at lunch. The nipple wasn't terribly tight and it seems that the plastic sleeve on the firing pin was pinched in between. When I put it back together, I was careful to not trap it and got the pin tight. I've been using it all afternoon at work and nary a leak. Might be something to look out for.

On the Woodvils, Rob uses a toothpick to dab a little bit of Liquid Teflon ($2.50 at Lowes) on the threads before screwing the Nipple on. He does it to eliminate leaks on the wood. But you can do this technique on the metal Grand as well. I did it, and it works great. :thumb: A little bit at the beginning of the threads is all you need.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
On the Woodvils, Rob uses a toothpick to dab a little bit of Liquid Teflon ($2.50 at Lowes) on the threads before screwing the Nipple on. He does it to eliminate leaks on the wood. But you can do this technique on the metal Grand as well. I did it, and it works great. :thumb: A little bit at the beginning of the threads is all you need.
Thanks, I'll look for it next time I go there!:)

Reactions: ed101z

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA

Wow something I did not know.. good to know if I ever need to remove.. doubt that would ever happen on a Woodvil though.. but I guess it one needed to loosen the nipple to clean the contact plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread