New mod suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Hey guys and gals! So, I'm certainly not new to vaping (been vaping for ~5 years, and haven't touched a cigarette then). However, I haven't picked up a new mod in some time.
I got into the whole Temp control craze a year ago, but I'm pretty much indifferent towards it now.
Anyhow, I'm looking for some budget-friendly mods. Primarily looking for something that I can get for under $40 (eBay is fine).

I have my eyes on the Target 75w (not the pro), since I can find it for around $35.
There's also the Wismec Reuleaux rx200S and 2/3 (both of which can be found for around $45)
Then there's the smok Alien, which I've seen for as low as $50 (probably won't bother with this one since I have the X-Cube and don't need another panel-fire mod...plus, $50 is pushing it).

I'm a pretty simple vaper, if it has a clicky button and is capable of 40+ watts, I click the shiny "buy" button.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I usually only vape up to around 30W, but I like to have an additional 10+ for wiggle room.
Oh and I should also add, I've been using the same build for the last 3 years and have been pretty happy with it: 6 or 7 wraps on 26G for a ~.4 coil (dual). I alternate between the Aeolus and Avocado.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
You can get an iStick PICO for around $26. About $36 if you buy the kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Owned one. Sold it a few days later. That thing was way too small for my hands.

Do you still want TC as an option (although it is available on just about every regulated mod these days)? What about size, multi-battery for longer run time, or single battery for small and easy to carry about?

TC as an option would be preferred, but not mandatory. Size: Medium in terms of both width and height (Think X-cube mini and Hana DNA30, or slightly larger). Single battery would be preferred.

Go to some local vape shops and see if they have any old mods on sale! I picked up the original sigeli 150 watt for 25 bucks!

I also have one of these coming:

$34.07 Free Shipping Authentic Tesla Stealth 40W 1300mAh TC VW APV Box Mod (Black) (Tesla Stealth 40W TC, Zinc Alloy, Black) at m.FastTech.com

I have a few Tesla products, and I haven't had any issues with them. Pretty excited to get this one.

I didn't even realize that shops sold old mods. I'll have to check a few out, thanks! I was looking at both the Tesla Stealth and the Invader Mini, great looking mods.

Reactions: petrotech

DeaconFuse

Aug 30, 2016
North Carolina
The Aspire nx75 mods are very solid, smart mods. I bought the black NX75-a edition for $50 but you can get the zinc alloy version for $35 or less.

Very small mod, and looks great with the Goon 22mm.It is just a box shape but they rounded off the edges and with it's size just works well, making it feel ergonomicly better in the hand then it looks like it would. Reminds me a bit of the old DnA 30 vapor sharks just much slicker.

The battery door is super easy and sits firm with no play on the aluminum one I have. I really like how you change batteries, no way to tear the wrap or any need to use any force to get the battery in.

I have a good many mods ranging from expensive to cheap stuff, and I have been reaching for the Aspire NX75 most lately, along with the Vapedroid. They really thought the mod out, and five buttons has spoiled me a bit. The chip is also a winner so far, and has a lot of options and some neat extras (autoflip, custom name or title, change power curves, and passward protection). Definitely a step above most mods in it's price range and a few well above it.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
The Aspire nx75 mods are very solid, smart mods. I bought the black NX75-a edition for $50 but you can get the zinc alloy version for $35 or less.

Very small mod, and looks great with the Goon 22mm.It is just a box shape but they rounded off the edges and with it's size just works well, making it feel ergonomicly better in the hand then it looks like it would. Reminds me a bit of the old DnA 30 vapor sharks just much slicker.

The battery door is super easy and sits firm with no play on the aluminum one I have. I really like how you change batteries, no way to tear the wrap or any need to use any force to get the battery in.

I have a good many mods ranging from expensive to cheap stuff, and I have been reaching for the Aspire NX75 most lately, along with the Vapedroid. They really thought the mod out, and five buttons has spoiled me a bit. The chip is also a winner so far, and has a lot of options and some neat extras (autoflip, custom name or title, change power curves, and passward protection). Definitely a step above most mods in it's price range and a few well above it.

The NX75 looks promising. I didn't even know that Aspire produced mods...tells you how long I've been out of the game.
I wish you hadn't mentioned the Vapedroid. Their DNA40 looks incredible.

So no love for the Target 75w? I found one at my local shop for $30 + tax, so around $33 OTD. Not the pro, but the original 75w.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread