New Mod suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksva

Feb 18, 2018
hello. I'm such a creature of habit and am thinking of purchasing another Ravage 230 even though there are only a handful of places carrying this discontinued device. I never vape above say 40 watts but like 2 batteries so it lasts all day and I am committed to the kanger tank and OCC coils I rebuild. A coil lasts me 3 days and I am using the same 14 coils and still have around 90 new ones. I haven't touched a cigarette in nearly 500 days after smoking for 3.5 decades (ugh) so that is not an option ever again. Any suggestions from the community on a wattage mod would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @brooksva, not sure if something like the Smoant Battlestar may interest you. If so fasttech still has a few left.

Or totally different, but you'd need a couple of 21700 batteries. Vaporesso Armour Pro, single 21700 mod. Sourcemore has a deal on the mod at the moment, they're just under $30.

Anyway, hope that you find something that suits you and serves you well.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
hello. I'm such a creature of habit and am thinking of purchasing another Ravage 230 even though there are only a handful of places carrying this discontinued device. I never vape above say 40 watts but like 2 batteries so it lasts all day and I am committed to the kanger tank and OCC coils I rebuild. A coil lasts me 3 days and I am using the same 14 coils and still have around 90 new ones. I haven't touched a cigarette in nearly 500 days after smoking for 3.5 decades (ugh) so that is not an option ever again. Any suggestions from the community on a wattage mod would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You like it? It’s discounted? You don’t use newer features anyway? It’s keeping you off smokes? I fail to see how it’s a bad idea to get another one. Don’t fix what ain’t broke. Also discount.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
According to vapecrawler @bombastinator, MVS has the Ravage 230 at $41.99.

It's about $37.76 for the remaining Smoant Battlestar's at fasttech.

And $29.90 for certain colours of Vaporesso Armour Pro's at sourcemore.

Thanks for the replies. I was just trying to be self-aware enough to recognize that I could be limiting my possibilities by sticking with the tried and true hardware, hence the inquiry.
Well there is a lot of new stuff out there.

Those do sound like bigger discounts. That’s the thing about vape stuff. When I bought my ageis 100 it was near a Benjamin. Iirc they remaindered out at around $35 or something.

There are some new options worth looking at. I’m a bit aspy myself so I tend to prefer the same thing as last time all things being equal.

2x700 are a lot like having 1 1/2 18650s if you don’t vape high watts and they’re a lot more form factor friendly than 26650 mods.

Waterproof mods can be nice. The jackaroo and legend do well at that.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Very true folks, we do end up attached to brands and form factors.

But the vape mod market is similar to the computer market, in 6 months a lot can change. And it can be an awful lot to take in, and pretty much all the mods you liked over time have been superseded by something newer and better.

And no worries @brooksva. Forums are meant for discourse and sometimes, if not all the time learning new things that you weren't necessarily aware of or only had a passing knowledge of.

And @bombastinator, I do hope that I haven't offended you. I am only wishing to give the OP options, and possible bargains. Because everyone is a sucker for a bargain.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Very true folks, we do end up attached to brands and form factors.

But the vape mod market is similar to the computer market, in 6 months a lot can change. And it can be an awful lot to take in, and pretty much all the mods you liked over time have been superseded by something newer and better.

And no worries @brooksva. Forums are meant for discourse and sometimes, if not all the time learning new things that you weren't necessarily aware of or only had a passing knowledge of.

And @bombastinator, I do hope that I haven't offended you. I am only wishing to give the OP options, and possible bargains. Because everyone is a sucker for a bargain.
I’m not offended by facts. You were correct

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I have both the Ravage 230 and the Proton and love them equally, there equal in size, shape and function, the Proton would be a upgrade for you.

20190504_070248.jpg

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Great to see you've got a setup you're happy with. Love the lifetime supply of coils you've stocked :D. When it comes to choosing a wattage mod, they'll all drive your kangers the same! VW is some mature technology. So all you need to do is pick one that looks nice and is comfortable in your hand. Something with a good lock setting that will persist across battery changes, since you know exactly where your sweet spot is. I'll add: resist the urge to pinch pennies—drop a few extra bucks on one that'll last for years like an Aegis.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread