Status
Not open for further replies.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Depends on your PG VG ratio debb. If higher VG start at 2.5%.

Jimi I want to hear about this caramel candy---I am a caramel candy queen ask Cyrus...lol... and gotta know more about this one---is it true candyish caramel? T

I do 100% VG, (no PG in my mixes). Should I do 2.5% or jump up to 3%?

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I do 100% VG, (no PG in my mixes). Should I do 2.5% or jump up to 3%?

From what I've seen high VG vapers posting on this thread, anywhere from 2.5-6% depending on flavor. :) and your tastebuds 3% sounds like a good starting point for all VG-- but maybe others will chime in. Cyrus Vap has a thread, I don't know if you've seen it, in the flavor reviews section and he is a high VG vaper.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
From what I've seen high VG vapers posting on this thread, anywhere from 2.5-6% depending on flavor. :) and your tastebuds 3% sounds like a good starting point for all VG-- but maybe others will chime in. Cyrus Vap has a thread, I don't know if you've seen it, in the flavor reviews section and he is a high VG vaper.

Thank you.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Did you get your flavors yet caged? What did you order? Keep us posted :toast:

Got the order today and just finished mixing 5 30ml bottles (1 of each I ordered -- Vanilla, French Pipe, Chocolate Mint, Real Cig, and Banana). Ended up using 14 drops per 10 ml due to Cyrus Vap's thread in the flavor review forum and being worried 12 wouldn't cut it for 100% VG mixes. Don't know if that was needed yet or not.

I did not clean my atty so I had some leftover flavor, and even though these have had no steep time the Freench Pipe is pretty good. I have a feeling I need some bitter wizard or something similar (is there something similar that's PG free?) because it's French Pipe is alot sweeter than I thought it would be, but that could be because I ran out of my normal juice and pulled out an English Toffee sample to vape while I mixed. The flavor will probably change as it steeps, but honestly, it's pretty good from the get go (at least the one flavor I have tried so far is).

I can see why people like this place so much. I'm not the most experienced mixer but I feel like I got professional results (i.e. at least on par with the major e-juice venders).

The VG they sell is top quality too. Probably the best I've used to date.

Now I just need my Infinity Pro and higher resistance attys to come in and I'll be in vape heaven. :vapor:

The only area I can see for improvement are the bottles they use. The 500ml bottle of VG is too tall to use my syringes in after the first mix (something more like a jar would have been better). Also, some of the flavor bottles are harder to squeeze than others and I don't care for the child proof caps because they don't seal the tops very well.

Last edited:

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Following cyrus lead who has not made it over here yet..... he must be lost....lol

Bumped my dunhill up to 4% from 2.5% steeped 3 days (was shooting for a week but we know how that goes...lol)

Flavor remained unchanged but the th is massive almost like the one you get first thing in the morning when you roll out of bed.

May not be for everyone but I am liking it..... thanks cyrus

Whoa!!! Gotta get me some Dunhill!! :) somebody said it is similar to Real Cig, right?

Going on 2 months vaping only real cig. Dang its nice not changing around all the time. And that's why I'm kinda skerred to try the others.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Whoa!!! Gotta get me some Dunhill!! :) somebody said it is similar to Real Cig, right?

Going on 2 months vaping only real cig. Dang its nice not changing around all the time. And that's why I'm kinda skerred to try the others.

Changing flavors all the time is one of the reasons I like vaping.

I do think I'm going to have to add more flavoring. I could taste the potential last night and thought it needed a little time to steep but I'm not really tasting the flavor as much today.

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Has anyone tried the VZ blackberry and the ECX one? The reason I'm wondering is that with the long wait for the VZ to be in stock I got impatient and picked up the ECX. I was eager to try a blackberry pipe tobacco, and the feedback on the ECX seemed just about as good as the VZ. People mostly think both taste like real blackberries. The ECX isn't bad at all, but a bit candy-ish to me. So, I'm wondering if maybe I'm just extra sensitive when it comes to all blackberry flavors (we get TONS of blackberries around here, so maybe my expectations are high)... or, is there hope in the VZ one?

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Has anyone tried the VZ blackberry and the ECX one? The reason I'm wondering is that with the long wait for the VZ to be in stock I got impatient and picked up the ECX. I was eager to try a blackberry pipe tobacco, and the feedback on the ECX seemed just about as good as the VZ. People mostly think both taste like real blackberries. The ECX isn't bad at all, but a bit candy-ish to me. So, I'm wondering if maybe I'm just extra sensitive when it comes to all blackberry flavors (we get TONS of blackberries around here, so maybe my expectations are high)... or, is there hope in the VZ one?

An option always available is an email to vender this has worked well when an item shows out of stock....they have been able to find an extra bottle...most times

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys

I do think I'm going to have to add more flavoring. I could taste the potential last night and thought it needed a little time to steep but I'm not really tasting the flavor as much today.
The Dunhill is totally different to me. I call the Dunhill, Mrs. Butterworth's Smokin Pancakes....lol. Taste is subjective. Honestly it's a bit rich for me. The Wenston, 555, Ry4, and Desert Ship resemble the Real Cig.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys

Let me guess caged. It's it day 2?

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Thanks - I'll give that a try on my next order if there's something that I've been really wanting that's out of stock.

An option always available is an email to vender this has worked well when an item shows out of stock....they have been able to find an extra bottle...most times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread