New Super Concentrated Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
I figured out that the Island tobacco begins it's magical transformation in day 3 of steeping. I mixed this latest batch late Friday night. The tobacco flavor, which starts out very prominent, and almost harsh, begins to mellow, and the sweet tropical flavored undertone(which I first described as vanilla, but as others have pointed out, there's much more to it that), which I hardly noticed the first couple of days, takes it's first step forward. Good stuff this, another week, week and a half it'll be tremendous. It's amazing how little resemblance there is between this juice after 2 days vs. after a week(or even better two weeks).

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I figured out that the Island Tobacco begins it's magical transformation in day 3 of steeping. I mixed this latest batch late Friday night. The tobacco flavor, which starts out very prominent, and almost harsh, begins to mellow, and the sweet tropical flavored undertone(which I first described as vanilla, but as others have pointed out, there's much more to it that), which I hardly noticed the first couple of days, takes it's first step forward. Good stuff this, another week, week and a half it'll be tremendous. It's amazing how little resemblance there is between this juice after 2 days vs. after a week(or even better two weeks).

Most of the tobaccos seem to change/mature with time. I noticed it particularly with the Island Tobacco and also with Shisha and RY4---moral of the story for new people-- don't make a complete assessment at first vape. Give it a week or two. I personally had to dial back the percentages on several of the tobaccos especially the Real Cig. Very strong. When I read about 6.6% I can't even imagine that.:blink: With a high PG vape some are too much at 2%.

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
Most of the tobaccos seem to change/mature with time. I noticed it particularly with the Island Tobacco and also with Shisha and RY4---moral of the story for new people-- don't make a complete assessment at first vape. Give it a week or two. I personally had to dial back the percentages on several of the tobaccos especially the Real Cig. Very strong. When I read about 6.6% I can't even imagine that.:blink: With a high PG vape some are too much at 2%.

How much does the B&M change? Mine has been steeping just over 3 days and I have to say it's not really doing it for me as a standalone yet. The coffee and choc. flavor really overwhelm the tobacco in my opinion, to the point I can barely even notice it. I got impatient last night and mixed some of it half and half with Real Cig in a carto. Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout! Then just a few drops of vanilla. Very tasty. Very tasty indeed.:)

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
So regular chocolate vs chocolate mint? This will be to go with Real Cig, Banana, Vanilla, and French Pipe.

Haven't tried the choc. mint, but I think the regular chocolate is excellent for mixing, as are the vanilla and real cig. I've been mixing those three flavors more than anything, with each other and with other flavors. Haven't tried the banana yet either.

mattymatt82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Kansas City
That is why I like to leave commits on there website and rate the Flavor because it helps others with picking a Flavor. Dunhill is a GREAT vape that is a cream, Tobacco, nutty, chocolate flavor to me and The Island tobacco is a Lime - tobacco with coconut and honey, Both are very good.

Wow, the island tobacco sounds very interesting! Will have to try it.

sinnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Up north
How much does the B&M change? Mine has been steeping just over 3 days and I have to say it's not really doing it for me as a standalone yet. The coffee and choc. flavor really overwhelm the tobacco in my opinion, to the point I can barely even notice it. I got impatient last night and mixed some of it half and half with Real Cig in a carto. Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout! Then just a few drops of vanilla. Very tasty. Very tasty indeed.:)

Heheheh, you and I seem to be following similar paths with our VZ experience :) I found the B&M to be outstanding in the first week or so but as it has matured I, too, am getting overwhelmed with the slightly bitter chocolate/coffee tones. I'm going to mix a batch at a lower % this weekend and see how that ages and I'll try your mixing suggestion as well.

- Tim

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
Is the regular chocolate good by itself? It will be a while before I start trying to mix flavors as I learn how strong I want to mix them and how they react to time.

It is good by itself, but I'm just not really one for vaping chocolate by itself. It's just not my thing, I like to mix it primarily. It has a rich chocolate flavor, but it's not bitter at all like an unsweetened dark choc., nor is it overly sweet and creamy like a milk chocolate. It occupies a nice space somewhere in the middle, and does not have any sort of burnt taste to it.

Got my first order in the mail today, Blackberry, French Pipe, Black & Mild, Peach, Apricot, Banana, Mandarin, and Honey Flue Cured. I ordered this stuff Friday night, WOW, that is some fast shipping. I mixed up 5 mil batches of all of them, and letting them steep. I don't know how long I'm going to be able to resist filling a carto, or at least dripping a little. I can't wait, because they smell so good.

After a quick 24 hour capless steep I couldn't resist dripping some of the flavors I mixed up yesterday. All I can say is they are incredible. I've tried all that I purchased, and I'm vaping the French Pipe as I type this now. I have been converted to this stuff in a huge way. The wife and I gave up analogs completely almost 3 months ago and started vaping, so I'm still new to this world, but I have tried somewhere along the lines of 50 or so different Juices from different vendors (I am the newby sample king). My fav's are Boba's, and Hype from AVE, Honey Flue Cured from Liquidxpress, Green Peach Tea from RAWR, just to give you an idea of my flavor profile. I like tobacco's and I like fruits. I'm all over the board with flavors. I've been trying diy since the beginning with mixed results, some great, some so-so, and some complete disasters. But I have never been so thrilled with my creations as I am right now. It is the first time since I started mixing that I have thought that I can completley rely on vaping only my own juices. Of course I'll still get my Boba's (unless I can recreate it with these flavors) and i'll try juices. But I can be very happy with my own juices now, SWEET! And from what I've read from you good people is they keep getting better. The reviews by you all were dead on the money. IVapus, and Shilo's reviews are awesome, they said it all with great accuracy. I read someone say that the apricot is like eating an apricot. That is so true. I felt like I was having a snack. As I was trying each of the flavors I was actually laughing to myself they were so good. My dogs were looking at me like I had gone mad. I can't wait to start mixing some of these flavors together, and creating something all my own. And I can't wait till my wife get's home so I can drip some for her and see her reactions. She lets me do most of the juice buying, and trusts my judgement. She loves blackberry's, and banana's so I am going to be a hero with her tonight, LOL. Thanks for the great reviews.

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
After a quick 24 hour capless steep I couldn't resist dripping some of the flavors I mixed up yesterday. All I can say is they are incredible. I've tried all that I purchased, and I'm vaping the French Pipe as I type this now. I have been converted to this stuff in a huge way. The wife and I gave up analogs completely almost 3 months ago and started vaping, so I'm still new to this world, but I have tried somewhere along the lines of 50 or so different Juices from different vendors (I am the newby sample king). My fav's are Boba's, and Hype from AVE, Honey Flue Cured from Liquidxpress, Green Peach Tea from RAWR, just to give you an idea of my flavor profile. I like tobacco's and I like fruits. I'm all over the board with flavors. I've been trying diy since the beginning with mixed results, some great, some so-so, and some complete disasters. But I have never been so thrilled with my creations as I am right now. It is the first time since I started mixing that I have thought that I can completley rely on vaping only my own juices. Of course I'll still get my Boba's (unless I can recreate it with these flavors) and i'll try juices. But I can be very happy with my own juices now, SWEET! And from what I've read from you good people is they keep getting better. The reviews by you all were dead on the money. IVapus, and Shilo's reviews are awesome, they said it all with great accuracy. I read someone say that the apricot is like eating an apricot. That is so true. I felt like I was having a snack. As I was trying each of the flavors I was actually laughing to myself they were so good. My dogs were looking at me like I had gone mad. I can't wait to start mixing some of these flavors together, and creating something all my own. And I can't wait till my wife get's home so I can drip some for her and see her reactions. She lets me do most of the juice buying, and trusts my judgement. She loves blackberry's, and banana's so I am going to be a hero with her tonight, LOL. Thanks for the great reviews.

That's awesome. I'm glad these are working out for you.

Since you're an AVE fan, have you ever tried their C&D by chance? I still think it's what the VZ Dunhill reminds me of.

That's awesome. I'm glad these are working out for you.

Since you're an AVE fan, have you ever tried their C&D by chance? I still think it's what the VZ Dunhill reminds me of.

I have tried the C&D, and I thought it was pretty good, not my fav, but a good vape. I will give the Dunhill a try. I got 8 flavors this time around. I'm still looking at getting some more when the bank account allows. I'd like to try the green tea (would have this time but it was out of stock), hazlenet, vanilla, cigar, curious about the coffe's as well. Heck, with as good as these are, I'd like to try all of them at some point.

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
I have tried the C&D, and I thought it was pretty good, not my fav, but a good vape. I will give the Dunhill a try. I got 8 flavors this time around. I'm still looking at getting some more when the bank account allows. I'd like to try the green tea (would have this time but it was out of stock), hazlenet, vanilla, cigar, curious about the coffe's as well. Heck, with as good as these are, I'd like to try all of them at some point.

Haven't tried green tea or cigar, but the hazlenut and coffee are both really nice. The vanilla is excellent and I have to restrain myself from putting just a few drops of it into almost everything, lol. Just had some coffee a few minutes ago. I'm still cycling through all these flavors one after the other all day long. I'm like a kid in a candy store. Like you, I'm a long time boba's fan. Been buying the 100ml bottles for a good year and a half now. I bought my last one just a few weeks before I started on this DIY(if I can even call it that) kick. The bottle is still nearly full, and normally it would have been almost gone by now. Since I got my first VZ order in I might have vaped it 3 or 4 times for a few minutes before switching back to the new shiny stuff, lol. For sure it won't go to waste, but I think I'm going to be distracted for a good while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread