New Super Concentrated Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Up north
4 or 5 % sound too high to start at for a 50/50 vg/pg mix.........?
I likem strong. I see a lot go lower on the VG So I was guessing up'em ?
Sound good or is it too much?

These are very, very strong. Start at 2.5% and work up if you need to. I vape 70vg/30pg and most do just fine at that percentage.

- Tim

Last edited:

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Its always a good idea to start at low percentage. The worst thing that can happen is you have to add more flavor. But I'm gonna say it again, 2.5% is a recommendation. Push high with abandon. If you don't experiment, you're missing half the fun of DIY. And high percentages are easily cured with addition of nic base for dilution back down to your happy place.

PS: One of the best mixers, if not *the* best mixer on this forum does things that fly in the face of conventional wisdom with his flavor percentages, and he pretty much got me started and taught me a ton. Couple that with my genetic insanity and its why I do what I do.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I agree to start a low percentages because you can always add more especially if you vape high PG. The hardest thing to learn about DIY at least for me is the patience to let the flavor steep before making any final conclusions. Mix it & set it aside if its a tobacco. After an overnight steep you can try it but for me the true determination of what percentage was most effective for me was after a week or two of steeping. The non-tobaccos for me don't change much after 3-5 days. The flavor gets locked in a little sooner with those.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
The hardest thing to learn about DIY at least for me is the patience to let the flavor steep before making any final conclusions.

banghead.gif

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Its strange shilo because I'd like to blame my high VG and my gluttonous taste buds, but yet I have plenty of flavors I need to keep at 1% and a few that I love upwards of 6%

Good info. So somewhere between 1 and 6 percent, eh? :lol:

Heheheh, you and I seem to be following similar paths with our VZ experience :) I found the B&M to be outstanding in the first week or so but as it has matured I, too, am getting overwhelmed with the slightly bitter chocolate/coffee tones. I'm going to mix a batch at a lower % this weekend and see how that ages and I'll try your mixing suggestion as well.

- Tim

Tim, I did the Black and Mild at 2.5%. After a week and 2 days it is bitter tasting to me. I'm wondering if I "DIM" (did it myself) wrongly... It's not awful, but not delish by any means right now. Maybe it needs to sleep a bit longer?

waiting for cream!

Yeah, debb! That's my flavor!

Its always a good idea to start at low percentage. The worst thing that can happen is you have to add more flavor. But I'm gonna say it again, 2.5% is a recommendation. Push high with abandon. If you don't experiment, you're missing half the fun of DIY. And high percentages are easily cured with addition of nic base for dilution back down to your happy place.

PS: One of the best mixers, if not *the* best mixer on this forum does things that fly in the face of conventional wisdom with his flavor percentages, and he pretty much got me started and taught me a ton. Couple that with my genetic insanity and its why I do what I do.

And who pray would that be? I could stand to learn a ton. And I also suffer from genetic insanity... ;)

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana

Yeah, who is this lunatic?

Blitzer

Jul 2, 2010
Germany
I am loving a new concoction I have made.

I started with BM, which I find too "Black and mildy" for my taste. Very like a cheap BM cigar. Earthy comes to mind.
I smoked those things in Iraq, didn't really like them much. I heard my mouth saying "What am I going to do with this stuff???"

I hit on a fiendish plan! To cut the BM taste, I went 50/50 BM and HFC.
After a weeks' steep, it is neither too sweet nor too earthy. Just a nice smooth tobacco! Different than either BM or HFC.

I am really enjoying it! The final result was 12% nic, 50%pg/50%vg, and 2.0% flavor (which was half BM and half HFC).
Don't want to specify drops since I have made several batches of different sizes. I just make a batch of each, and squirt
them 50/50 in a bottle. It's pretty intense science, I know...

On another note, I have started making all my juices 50/50 pg/vg. I found something in these flavors was
irritating my tongue and lips. I couldn't figure out if it was my high pg concentration, my nic, these flavors,or what. I liked 80%pg/20%vg until I started using VZ juice. The solution apparently, has been: 1. upping my vg level to 50% and 2. longer uncapped steep times. (Like a week)

Maybe I am just sensitive, but found myself really irritated, vaping juice which was steeped only a few days.

Blitzer

Jul 2, 2010
Germany
Cream Flavor. Good stuff! I put it in all manner of concoctions now.
Mandarine Creamsicle, Blackberry and cream, Mango cream, Apricot/Tobacco Cream,
and of course my killer "Caramel Mocha cream". This cream flavor is so versatile!
It mutes flavors so I use a lot, and pump up the flavor I am mixing it to.
If you can get your hands on some it's like gold!

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
A warning for the future Dunhill buyers. This one smells "holy crap" sweet. I was going to ask a few questions but I went ahead and mixed it anyway. I thought perhaps the label got mixed up on my dunhill and rum raisin that's how dark and sweet it smells. But I mixed at 1 drop per ml (plus a couple more for luck) and set it in a pan of hot water for about ten minutes and snuck a taste. Wow, this one is amazing! I'm going to have to mix up a sample bottle of this one just so I can leave the 30ml bottle alone to steep.
This lucky guy just found his four leaf clover.

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
I am loving a new concoction I have made.

I started with BM, which I find too "Black and mildy" for my taste. Very like a cheap BM cigar. Earthy comes to mind.
I smoked those things in Iraq, didn't really like them much. I heard my mouth saying "What am I going to do with this stuff???"

I hit on a fiendish plan! To cut the BM taste, I went 50/50 BM and HFC.
After a weeks' steep, it is neither too sweet nor too earthy. Just a nice smooth tobacco! Different than either BM or HFC.

I am really enjoying it! The final result was 12% nic, 50%pg/50%vg, and 2.0% flavor (which was half BM and half HFC).
Don't want to specify drops since I have made several batches of different sizes. I just make a batch of each, and squirt
them 50/50 in a bottle. It's pretty intense science, I know...

On another note, I have started making all my juices 50/50 pg/vg. I found something in these flavors was
irritating my tongue and lips. I couldn't figure out if it was my high pg concentration, my nic, these flavors,or what. I liked 80%pg/20%vg until I started using VZ juice. The solution apparently, has been: 1. upping my vg level to 50% and 2. longer uncapped steep times. (Like a week)

Maybe I am just sensitive, but found myself really irritated, vaping juice which was steeped only a few days.

The B&M by itself wasn't doing it for me either and I posted a couple days ago about having done something similar, except I used Real Cig instead of HFC, and spiced it up with just a little vanilla. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread