New to Vaping: AL85, would appreciate help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayy79

Mar 29, 2017
Hello,
I recently decided to cut down on smoking and went to a local vape store to pick up a starter kit. I explained that I was new to vaping and have little knowledge about all the technical aspects despite having read about it and doing some background reasearch. The guy there recommended the al85 to start off with, and I've been using it for a day. It's been working pretty well from what I can tell, but i'm overwhelmed by all the settings and features (like watts, temperature control, etc). I've also been using my apple charger and the included USB to recharge it, but I'm planning on picking up a proper charger tomorrow. Could anyone give me some basic tips on how to get started and how to use the features? Any sort of advice/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
hahaha i'm not new and even i'm not sure about temp control and all of that yet, don't think i'd recommend it to a new vaper...anyways well congrats on your new set up and yeah it's a learning curve (looking into get a TC mod myself). I mean for the price, it's worth getting the best that you can, don't get me wrong, it's just that the issue is people try to push things off onto new vapers and they get intimidated and/or can't figure out what exactly to do so they quit....vaping isn't like smoking where you just light it on fire and puff away....so don't feel bad to ask any questions, trust me no question is too silly or stupid (ask anyone, i've asked the stupidest of questions ;) )

they didn't give you a charging cord with the mod?! I'd go back to the shop and ask them about that, seems a bit odd to me anyways.

What atty are you using and type of coil and resistance?
Old school rule of thumb was that what ever the atty resistance was add 2 to get a good volt to vape at and then well you can go up or down to your taste.

and side note wow hi myrany

Reactions: Myrany

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
hahaha i'm not new and even i'm not sure about temp control and all of that yet, don't think i'd recommend it to a new vaper...anyways well congrats on your new set up and yeah it's a learning curve (looking into get a TC mod myself). I mean for the price, it's worth getting the best that you can, don't get me wrong, it's just that the issue is people try to push things off onto new vapers and they get intimidated and/or can't figure out what exactly to do so they quit....vaping isn't like smoking where you just light it on fire and puff away....so don't feel bad to ask any questions, trust me no question is too silly or stupid (ask anyone, i've asked the stupidest of questions ;) )

they didn't give you a charging cord with the mod?! I'd go back to the shop and ask them about that, seems a bit odd to me anyways.

What atty are you using and type of coil and resistance?
Old school rule of thumb was that what ever the atty resistance was add 2 to get a good volt to vape at and then well you can go up or down to your taste.

and side note wow hi myrany
HEY SHADAV!!!!!!!! OMG it has been years since we ran into each other. How ya doin girl?

Reactions: Shadav

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
HEY SHADAV!!!!!!!! OMG it has been years since we ran into each other. How ya doin girl?
hehehehe i'm good...yeah i was kind mia for a while....how are you? hm still sporting the provari sig, can't believe they closed up shop.
Time for me to brush up on all the new vape stuff, i am so far behind times now.

Reactions: Myrany

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
hehehehe i'm good...yeah i was kind mia for a while....how are you? hm still sporting the provari sig, can't believe they closed up shop.
Time for me to brush up on all the new vape stuff, i am so far behind times now.
Shoot me a PM if ya need any help or just want to catch up. I am still squonking and also run slightly sub ohm (low watts) and have played with Temp control a bit.

Reactions: Shadav

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello,
I recently decided to cut down on smoking and went to a local vape store to pick up a starter kit. I explained that I was new to vaping and have little knowledge about all the technical aspects despite having read about it and doing some background reasearch. The guy there recommended the AL85 to start off with, and I've been using it for a day. It's been working pretty well from what I can tell, but i'm overwhelmed by all the settings and features (like watts, temperature control, etc). I've also been using my apple charger and the included USB to recharge it, but I'm planning on picking up a proper charger tomorrow. Could anyone give me some basic tips on how to get started and how to use the features? Any sort of advice/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined. I set my watts so I balance between cloud and taste. I always start low, where I barely see a cloud and work up great taste with decent cloud.
Might like to read:
Temp Controlled Vaping Rocks
vapetown
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://www.smokingvapor.com/blog/2016/05/
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread