Next step from joytech EGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSi

Jun 4, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to vaping, started in Jan to kick off cigs. Easy transition so far...my Joytech has been fine, but not without the odd problem, and was wondering what would be a good step forward? I like the easy workings of the EGO, no nonsense etc, and the size/shape, but I feel it's a little cheap and I'm happy to spend a bit more for something that is essentially the same, but better...thanks in advance!

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Stick v8 could be a good option for you if you're determined that you want ego style vapes.

Edit - moving up to something like a pico or al85 might be a bigger step up but it's totally worth it. And it's not as much work and hassle to learn to use them as it might seem like.
Maybe check them out on YouTube... You might like what you see.

Jeff M.

May 7, 2015
I'm a fan of the Ego ONE stuff from Joytech. I started using their standard "XL" kit (19mm diameter version that's taller 2200mah) when they first came out a few years ago, and recently got a couple different versions from Health Cabin since they have all their Ego ONE stuff on clearance. I'm really liking the VT kit with the Mega tank (was $9.90). It might be bigger than what you're used to at 22mm, but I really like the 3 power settings. I don't use Ti or Ni coils so I don't use those temp-control settings and just use it in power mode. I also got one of the mini kits for stealth vaping (that thing is tiny!) and still use my standard every once in a while. The Ego ONE tanks are very versatile. Airflow is adjustable from super tight to slightly restricted. 1ohm CL coils for MTL/stealth vaping, .5ohm for a slightly restricted direct lung vape. The rebuildable CLR coils are super easy to build on if you don't want to keep buying the disposable CL coils or want to tune your builds to fit your particular taste. Seriously if you can tie your shoes, you can probably build a decent coil for the CLR heads (I got a couple packs of those from Health Cabin as well for $2.50/5pack that come prebuilt with Ti - I just rebuild them out of the gate with stainless steel).

ego one series claerance sale
5pc joyetech ego one clr-ti vt atomizer head

Otherwise, for something a bit more advanced, I'd second the iStick Pico as well. It was recommended to me here after I took a hiatus from vaping and was getting back into it. Great little mod with lots of features but is compact and easy to use.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Maybe you could describe the tank and inhaling style of what you have. Also the resistance of your atomizers would help so we can guess the intensity/amount of your vapor.

You can probably put exactly the same tank (or something that vapes the same) on a basic box mod (iStick, Evic mini, or similar) or get a bigger/better/more reliable tank that offers almost the same vaping experience.

Please be careful just buying another bigger/better tube battery, chances are (since last year) it will be designed for Sub-ohm vaping... clouds and direct inhale...

Most experience vapers like to recommend mid-high watt starter kits... unless you want to make more vapor and inhale direct, then I would NOT recommend these sorts of kits.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to vaping, started in Jan to kick off cigs. Easy transition so far...my Joytech has been fine, but not without the odd problem, and was wondering what would be a good step forward? I like the easy workings of the EGO, no nonsense etc, and the size/shape, but I feel it's a little cheap and I'm happy to spend a bit more for something that is essentially the same, but better...thanks in advance!

Welcome and glad you joined.
You seem to have not had any problems with your equipment, good show. Whichever way you vape and whatever shape you like to vape from, is all good for you. I think we are in the honeymoon of selecting devices fit for our expectations. We have to savor the moment in time (choices) and enjoy.
Might like to read:
7 Best Vape Pens For E Liquid 2017 - Conclusive Vape Pen Guide
Best Vape Pens for E-Liquid and E-Juice 2017 - Vaping360

Reactions: Tonee N
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread