• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Nic via China

Status
Not open for further replies.

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Hey all,

My nic's finally run out (been out tbh, I'm slowly n surely supplementing with analogs...ugh) and I'm in need. Right now, of info. Specifically related to paying.

A friend apparently tried to pay via Paypal but got his account suspended/shut down due to TOS violation (no nic. purchases??!?) Tryin to determine if this is the usual thing or a one-time thing.
===
Additionally, HiLiq apparently doesn't ship pure nicotine to Korea anymore. Does anyone have info on nicotine suppliers? Thanks!

Last edited:
My understanding is that Korea has recently changed their laws regarding importing and transporting nicotine. It's now classified as a dangerous chemical and must be transported in a special chemical vehicle, regardless of size of bottle. Importation requires a chemical analysis form from the producer. If you fail to declare the nicotine, you're looking at a $10,000 fine. Good luck ....

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
I just got an e-mail from Hiliq. Looks like the law will kick in at the end of May. They're promising any courier orders made on the 5ml/[edited] bottles before 10am on May 25th will be fine.

Not sure what's coming next... I hope I can still get those bottles. They're perfect with Thevapor pre-mixes.

As it was for the last year, it was $5ish a bottle plus $5ish tax - maximum 4 bottles (total US$43)... they called me once when I ordered 5, warning me that 4 was a kind of maximum. I'm guessing that the law was in a transition phase until now and smaller shipments were still exempt (personal consumption, perhaps).

I just placed an order for 4. I'll probably go for another 4 on the 25th and see if I can get 8 in before... before what? We shall see...

---

Please admins, forgive the talk of pure nicotine. I'm not sure 240mg qualifies... but in Korea, we suffer the whims of government rules constantly in favor big tobacco and ECF is pretty much our only central English place to help each other out.

Speaking of tobacco, I've heard it said more than once that one reason people hated President Park so much was due to an increase in tobacco tax. Lol. What is it? 4000 won a pack now? Meanwhile, vapers pay 1100 per ml... just in tax.

Last edited by a moderator:

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
Hiliq must have been flooded. They limited all orders to 4. Got mine. That'll put me through to the fall, I hope.

As for the APO, that seems outside Korean jurisdiction. Interesting way to avoid the local laws, but I think a lot of nicotine sellers might specifically state "No APO" in their shipping policy...

I dug into Hiliq's site and I see you can still order by the liter but you need to be a qualified maker. A liter... sigh. That's 1,000,000+ won just for the import fee. I've been digging around Korean sites too and it seems FedEx will ship nicotine but the registered truck costs 88,000 just from Incheon to Seoul (if I remember, sorry I may not).

The major block for us DIYers is the law regarding shipping. There should be nothing illegal about carrying liquid nicotine in your own bag, I'd think... even from an APO. So... There has got to be some shop in Korea that is distributing concentrated liquid nicotine (especially since the major brands sell decent flavors but 0mg).

So far, I haven't found any online information. The Korean cafes seem to prohibit talk of liquid even more so than ECF (especially where to buy it)... At this point, I'd be happy to find 30mg to use as base... Sigh.

Oh, and supposedly... "Synthetic nicotine" sidesteps the import tax since it isn't tobacco-derived. But I read also there's some dangerous 990mg stuff kicking around Korea right now. Be careful.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Forum Rules

35. Nicotine strength
a. The maximum nicotine strength of refills (any liquid that is a finished product for retail sale for vaping whether bottled or sold with or within hardware) allowed to be offered for sale on ECF by Suppliers is 45mg/ml or 4.5%.
b. No liquid of strength higher than this can be specifically mentioned or offered on ECF by Suppliers. Trade deals are exempt, within private supplier boards only, as higher strengths are needed for trade bulk mixing. Note that there are shipping restrictions in some countries for toxic materials, which can be obtained by application to your local Postal Service and private shippers, and you are cautioned not to contravene these restrictions.
c. Suppliers can sell whatever strength they wish with the exception of pure nicotine (900mg/ml / 90% and above). Sites that sell pure nicotine will be blocked by ECF [3]. We define 'pure nicotine' as 90% / 900mg/ml or higher. Wholesale supplies are exempt from this ruling. We expect that Suppliers will ensure that wholesale customers are well aware of (a) the high risks, and (b) the equipment and precautions needed.
d. There is a limit on public discussion of 200mg (20%) maximum for mixing discussion, recipes and tutorials, and also in the Classifieds. Members may not discuss the use of refills (any liquids) stronger than 200mg.
e. The use of 'Pure Nicotine' cannot be discussed (in detail) on public forums on ECF (trade forums are exempt) due to the hazard [3] - see Notes below. That is to say, it can be mentioned in passing but not discussed at length especially as regards mixing.

Reactions: darkpoet

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
Thanks retired1, yeah I can see discussing the 240mg was off TOS - I think it's been so long since I read the rules... I think last time I read the TOS, the mg limit was much lower.

In any case, the 240 was the only base Hiliq used to sell to the average consumer. And they came in such convenient 5ml (actually 4.2) bottles. Just squeeze into a 100ml bottle for a nice 10mg (ish) strength and re-cap and toss... sigh, well, it's gone now.

Still on the quest...

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
Update. I think I've got a line on locally produced or bottled nicotine base, from a seller who appears to be certified in Korea. He's skirting the regulations but I'm not sure how... I've ordered 50ml of 200mg and I may be risking the fine. But I also suspect it's not tobacco-derived...

He also sells reasonably-priced flavored juices which can contain a custom amount of nicotine from 1mg to... 36?

I won't post any links yet but you can PM me if you're impatient. For 2 weeks, I've had to exercise my limited amount of Korean and use a Korean friend to communicate with him via Kakao... I'll dilute it, run a nic-strength test... and any other chem-tests I can work out.

I'll be back.

Reactions: 440BB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread