Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
So I used to be a huge fan of Nude Nicotine, especially the Smooth salts. I switched to Nicotine River's salts for a while, and recently ordered more without noticing their nic brand had changed to PurNic. This stuff tastes...not good, IMO. I can deal with it, but I'm stocking up for longer term again so switching back to Nude Nicotine. It's still my favorite of any nic I've tried.

I notice they now sell the salts in the Armor V2 bottles. I'm definitely considering paying the extra price to get some bottles of that so I can just stick them in the freezer. To those of you who have experience with NN's V2, are you happy with it? Any cons vs just buying the normal liter bottle and decanting into glass?

Edit: disregard. Wound up convincing myself the Armor V1 is best for me.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If you are in Massachusetts stock up now. The article is dated 11/21/19.

Massachusetts OKs ban on flavored vaping, tobacco products

Massachusetts lawmakers passed a groundbreaking ban Thursday on the sale of flavored tobacco and vaping products, including menthol cigarettes.

The bill would also place a 75% excise tax on vaping products and require health insurers, including the state’s Medicaid program, to cover tobacco cessation counseling.

“This nation-leading step will save lives,” Democratic House Speaker Robert DeLeo said.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Edit: disregard. Wound up convincing myself the Armor V1 is best for me

I have both, V1 and V2. Prefer V1 (with Argon) myself, small bottles. No decanting necessary. Didn't care for the luer lock deal.

Now they have V3--with citric acid. I'm going to try it, but V1 is still my favorite. Yes, you pay more, but considering what's happening politically with all the bans and proposed taxes on nic base, I don't mind paying extra for the peace of mind.

Nude Armor v3 100mg/mL

I also Like Chemnovatic and CNT nic bases, but they don't come in long-term storage packaging, alas.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I have both, V1 and V2. Prefer V1 (with Argon) myself, small bottles. No decanting necessary. Didn't care for the luer lock deal.

Now they have V3--with citric acid. I'm going to try it, but V1 is still my favorite. Yes, you pay more, but considering what's happening politically with all the bans and proposed taxes on nic base, I don't mind paying extra for the peace of mind.

Nude Armor v3 100mg/mL

I also Like Chemnovatic and CNT nic bases, but they don't come in long-term storage packaging, alas.
Yeah, after reading up on it I felt that I'd value the V1 more than V2. Pleased to hear that you feel that way about it. The V3 does sound interesting too. The fact that these come freezer-ready is excellent, and I'll probably get another liter or 2 before :censored: really hits the fan. Just trying to decide whether to mostly stock with salts or freebase. Got 4x125ml of each today.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The fact that these come freezer-ready is excellent, and I'll probably get another liter or 2 before :censored: really hits the fan.

They usually have a 30% off sale on Black Friday--but I'm not sure what's going to happen this year. People are panic buying. This is nuts...

FWIW, I have some of each, but mostly freebase. Not too sure about salts in the long run.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Edit: disregard. Wound up convincing myself the Armor V1 is best for me.
Almost all of my inventory is V1 and I've been very happy with it.
The V3 does sound interesting too.
I don't think that comes in glass, and I don't believe plastic is suitable for truly long-term storage no matter how much "anti oxidant" is in the solution.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am glassing up some more nic this weekend. Sigh. I think I can actually get it all done pretty quick. I leave almost no headroom, wrap the cap in plastic wrap very tightly, then tape it. 500 ml bottles are a handy size. I hope it's good enough. It better freaking be...

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I am glassing up some more nic this weekend. Sigh. I think I can actually get it all done pretty quick. I leave almost no headroom, wrap the cap in plastic wrap very tightly, then tape it. 500 ml bottles are a handy size. I hope it's good enough. It better freaking be...
I think it will be fine.

I personally prefer smaller bottles, but I don't think it matters while it's in storage in freezer. Bottle size only matters once you take one out and start using it, and a 500 ml bottle of 100 mg base would last me two years...

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
FF98110D-0528-47FF-9A21-305DC7A24E29.png

Good pricing on Chemnovatic at NR right now. They’re clearing the shelves of the brand due to availability, or something like that. ;)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Meh. Got almost all my 17 (18! I discovered an extra Nic River liter of 100 mg/my nic salt among my many liters, now in glass. Just a few more to go.

I am afraid the husband's Christmas present may be "his own" chest freezer, you know for luxuries and inessentials, like food. I will let him have the new one since I am all sweet like that. He can pick it out. But yeah, between the snus and the nic (it really spreads out in glass and you have to pack everything and stuff....

I have no need for a nicotine base that self-destructs after two years ESPECIALLY if like, it's true. I mean, "rearranging" yeah I know they have a new name or whatever... But what that tells me is Chemovape's claims may be TRUE and I'm not putting nic in like glass bottles that might EXPLODE on their expiration date.

I mean, you might as well be brewing your own beer, as far as I can tell.

But, there is an EQUAL part of me that thinks Chemovape is full of Sh:censored:, and that doesn't make me inclined to run out and buy their stuff EITHER.

Anna

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    Howdy, vapers !
    Just (very late in the game) began makin my own e-liquid for myself.
    Started out with Nude Nicotine's normal 100mg/ml base. I do like it, as I can't taste it, which is a win for me.
    The questions I have are about freezing, and I've been reading this thread....

So freezing it in glass will work ok ?
    Also, what about freezing, thawing, and re-freezing, is that doable ?

Love the thread, hoping it doesn't go to Archive status !

• Love
    Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Glass is preferred because it's impermeable to oxygen and it doesn't leech chemicals like plastic doesn.

Nic base does not undergo a phase change to solid at home freezer temperatures; it just becomes more viscous. Unlike water, it also doesn't expand with lowering temperatures. So there's no real problem with "freeze/thaw" cycles. The only catch is: Let the bottle come to room temperature before opening the cap. Opening the cap on a bottle fresh from the freezer will cause condensation to form inside the bottle and water down your nic base.

PS: You may find this thread interesting:
    Nic Base Storage: Freezer vs. Room Temp Experiment

dansus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Keep a small bottle in the fridge (100ml) and freeze the rest. PG is pourable straight out the freezer, VG needs a bit more time.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Thanks for that info !
    I'm using VG normal ol regular base 100mg/ml Nude Nicotine stuff.

I actually got to this thread looking for info on Nude Nicotine's FIFO option.
    That led me to this post, but that was not very informative as to the nature of the FIFO nicotine that is available.

I believe I saw FIFO in both salts and normal base for sale on their site.
    Costs more, but I'm wondering about it, as they say it ships "immediately"....
    Apparently they have nicotine in a subzero freezer ? How long has it been IN that subzero freezer, and....any other info on FIFO nicotine ?

Not as interested in the salts, personally. Just curious about their FIFO line.

Reactions: stols001

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Thanks @classwife for this link, this is just what I wanted and was looking for. Thanks again.:thumbs:

I'll just start looking backwards through this thread in hopes of finding any reference to EcigExpress changing names to Flavor Jungle, but @JCinFLA has just set me straight on the particulars as to what went down. I couldn't find any reference to them selling on site any NIC anymore though. I just went over to MFS and picked up a liter of 100mg/ml in PG, so I guess i'm good to go for awhile longer. It's a shame though about EcigExpress NIC, I really liked that stuff.

Last edited:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Thanks @classwife for this link, this is just what I wanted and was looking for. Thanks again.:thumbs:

I'll just start looking backwards through this thread in hopes of finding any reference to EcigExpress changing names to Flavor Jungle, but @JCinFLA has set me straight on the particulars as to what went down. I couldn't find any reference to them selling on site any NIC anymore though. I just went over to MFS and picked up a liter of 100mg/ml in PG, so I guess i'm good to go for awhile longer. It's a shame though about EcigExpress NIC, I really liked that stuff.

Hi 52!

it’s nice to see you again!! Glad you found some nicotine! I’ve been buying
    The house nicotine from Heartland Vapes and it is very good! It is also less expensive than other brands. You might want to stock up on additional nicotine because it is likely the FDA will cut off our supply after September 9, 2020.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Another vote for Heartlands, I like it just fine. I think it may have slightly more of a nicotine smell than say, my Armor nic, which I have to rebottle (I bought 4 liters thinking they would be in glass. They are not. I need more bottles and I am getting wide mouth ones this time if I can.

Mickey's wide mouth bottles would probably work, with the right lid but I must not go down that path although honestly might be cheaper. If only I knew a young alcoholic I could gift them to who would return them. :lol::lol:

But I LIKE the Heartland vape smell and I don't mind a slight taste of nic which it maybe sorta has, I can't really tell. There is nothing wrong with it though and it consists of the majority of my oh gosh I forget how many liters I calculated out, but it was either 19 something or 24 something.

Either way, it has been a TON of bottling and I need to freaking finish.

Tip to rebottlers with prime. Go to glass bottle outlet and pick your poison. Then, go to Amazon and find the same bottle and you will get free shipping 'Fulfilled by glass bottle outlet" and the shipping is like half the cost at GBO. It's crazy!

Gonna look. Got to get it done.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread