Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
On the 26th of Sept. I ordered 1 liter of 100mg nic. When I received it I put the nic in a cabinet until I could work on bottling it up for the freezer. Well, a few days later I fell and broke my hip, and after surgery, and rehab, I'm finally up to taking care of it. So I pull it out of the cabinet, and transfer some to a better bottle for pouring into the storage bottles, and it has turned a dark color. So what are my options with this? Can it still be frozen for use later down the road, like maybe a couple years? Thanks.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
It is a way too fast oxidation. I have a little bit of 100 mg nic still in original clear plastic bottle which was in a drawer for more than one year. It is brownish, but not dark.
Anyway, I would prepare a small batch of juice with oxidized nic and taste it. If it is too harsh, replace it. It it is OK, then it is OK to freeze it.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Just a quick note on the fish smell... Nicotine by itself has a fishy smell, as also can e.g. be read in many nic msds sheets under it's odor definition part. I have smelled it too several times, also on fresh completely clear chemnovatic nic just gotten; slight fish and ammonia; nic is very alkaline like e.g. amonia too...

Nic is an alkaloid and those are amines from plants and amines are what gives fish it's smell + a derivative to ammonia with similar characteristics...

Anyway, the odor of the nic becomes exagerated when oxidized, so this fish smell can be even more apparent, but just don't automatically think that if you ever smell fish in your nic, that it's because it's bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread