Noalox on switch hex post

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbassbrent

ECF Veteran
I've had my Legacy + Kick with an 18490 battery for about 5 days now and I have been burning through batteries and having issues with it not firing consistently. I was ready to head to the classified section and post it for sale. I was extremely frustrated with the operation of my beautiful new mod so as a last ditch effort I hit the web to search for a fix. I found a closed thread on here that said to clean the hex post in the switch and put some Noalox on it.

I did that and it made all the difference in the world. It's like a totally different device now. I wanted to love my legacy, and now I can.

Puresmoker, maybe you should consider doing this from the factory, or at the very least include instructions with the packaging for people who purchase the Legacy + Kick. I suggest this because I know I am not the only person who has had this issue.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey bigbrass ...

This really only comes in to play when a KICK is used. The KICK requires a super strong ground to keep battery life optimal. MAYBE 2-3% of LEGACY owners run a KICK. The rest do not, and NOALOX isn't needed on a LEGACY without a KICK.

If we were to lube the hex shaft prior to shipping - most people would never clean it. Noalox needs to be wiped clean and reapplied every couple of weeks, and most people wouldn't want to do that :)

Seeing as you don't mind taking things apart - Noalox is a breeze for someone like you that likes to tinker :) Keep the noalox in tip top shape and you should be good to go :)

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
I've had my Legacy + Kick with an 18490 battery for about 5 days now and I have been burning through batteries and having issues with it not firing consistently. I was ready to head to the classified section and post it for sale. I was extremely frustrated with the operation of my beautiful new mod so as a last ditch effort I hit the web to search for a fix. I found a closed thread on here that said to clean the hex post in the switch and put some Noalox on it.

I did that and it made all the difference in the world. It's like a totally different device now. I wanted to love my legacy, and now I can.

Oh, any chance that you could link to that post?! I love my Legacy but I stopped using it some time ago and it just sits in one of my vape cases now due to so many issues with the Kick! :(

EDIT: I of course understand how to put Noalox on the hex post, but I wanted to see that closed thread in case they mentioned anything else, like also putting it on the threads, etc.

Also, THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BASH THE LEGACY AT ALL, I will never sell it and I still recommend them to people who want a great mechanical device and aren't using the Kick, but I was wondering if the Super-T devices also have this issue with the Kick or not due to those special plated connections?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

bigbassbrent

ECF Veteran
I can't find it either. It didn't say much more that to noalox the hex post though. As an update to this post, I have since removed the kick from my legacy. The cleaning and noalox would only work for a few days then I had to do it again. Too much hassle. Now I just use the legacy as mechanical mod as it was intended. The kick is in my reo and grounded with a wire to the negative battery spring and works fine. I still love my legacy, and it will remain in my collection. Wish I could be more help.

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
OK, putting Noalox on the hex shaft itself did it! :) I was able to vape between 5ml and 6ml on a 2250mAh Panasonic CGR18650 before getting the low battery on/off from the Kick today! Before on a freshly cleaned Legacy it would just kinda stop working after an hour or two. I also took a suggestion I found on another forum and put some Noalox on the Kick ground spring as well. Hope that helps somebody else!

EDIT - Forgot to add that the battery was at 3.42v when this happened.

Last edited:

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Noalox is great stuff -- helps out in so many ways! I've also been using Ox-Gard which is similar (conductive lube). I'm finding that I prefer the Ox-Gard since it has a thicker consistency and is easier to apply/remove.

But the best solution I found for a Kick and a Legacy is the Kicklet from Super-T. The finish of their satin option matches the Legacy very well. The height of a mini Legacy with the Kicklet is about the same as the full size tube plus the extention ring. Pic below is a mini with the flat top and a satin Kicklet.

KICKLET.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread