• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Not just survival... Zombie Survival!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
oh.....well heck...that's not fair!!!! I thought monsters had to follow some kind of rules?!?!? You mean they don't? damn........

Zombies (depending on the type) do follow rules for example most zombie types move slowly but with great determination. Also with the exception of voodoo zombies* any severed limbs and such are dead as both the movement and their insatiable hunger come from primitive part of the brain. CES can tell us which part of the brain that is... I think its the medulla... but I don't know

*Note Voodoo Zombies are non contagious, made one at a time through a painstaking process, and have a specific goal given to them by their maker. Thus a Voodoo Zombie end of world situation is unlikely

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Glad to hear we are relatively safe from voodoo zombies. Seems like the insatiable hunger is more systemic than just from a single brain part- but i had to look that up, and extrapolated from the durability. Not much research has been done, due to the fact that there isn't a lot of brain left to study once a zombie has been destroyed. Here's my source http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie_Durability

so, just to clarify- the solar power is more to keep my e-cig charged during the day so i can still get my nicotine when running from zombies at night. 'Cause I will be the one running and hiding. There's always one.

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
well yeah...that was my thought.....but then someone else inferred that Zombies are also active in the daytime....or maybe they didn't mean that at all...maybe they were just saying my overall ignorance of the subject matter was what would get me in trouble??

I was also wondering if the excess/expelled energy from an automatic weapon could somehow be recycled to power an e-cig???

ps...yeah...run and hide...that's my plan...let the boys do the Zombie killing. I'll just stay home and feed the dogs. :)

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
okay....what if I'm a Vampire? Can the Zombies still get me or are they afraid of me? Because that seems like it might be a tacticle advantage......assuming you could find a vampire that was more interested in recruiting than eating......

oh yeah....and can Vampires vape? I mean...if not forget it....

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Zombies are active 24/7 However Night time attacks ARE more likely, the reason for this has nothing to do with the zombies themselves, but rather a person fleeing in the night makes more noise bumping into and tripping over things... there is decreased ambient sound AND decreased vision.

In short... at night you can't see em coming till its too late, and they can hear you a mile off

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
Zombies are active 24/7 However Night time attacks ARE more likely, the reason for this has nothing to do with the zombies themselves, but rather a person fleeing in the night makes more noise bumping into and tripping over things... there is decreased ambient sound AND decreased vision.

In short... at night you can't see em coming till its too late, and they can hear you a mile off

However, radioactive mutant zombies glow in the dark, so spotting them will be no trouble.

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Bwahaha

I want a HV mod that doubles as a tazer....

Now that I think of it, do tazers affect zombies?

as far as muscle contraction... yes, electricity obviously still controls the muscles else they wouldn't respond to commands for movement from the brain... But could you kill a zombie with a tazer? I doubt it... it would have to have enough current to destroy the brain stem completely since it wouldn't be severing it

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
ah....well.....so your saying if it had enough current to fry a brain stem it might be too much for my little 2.5ohm atty?? okay...I can accept that...

and so...your saying a "mutant" is different from a "zombie"? But it can't be both at the same time??? What about a hybrid zombie? Like...if a vampire gets a zombie...then what does that leave you with?

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
ah....well.....so your saying if it had enough current to fry a brain stem it might be too much for my little 2.5ohm atty?? okay...I can accept that...

and so...your saying a "mutant" is different from a "zombie"? But it can't be both at the same time??? What about a hybrid zombie? Like...if a vampire gets a zombie...then what does that leave you with?

Vampire can't "get a zombie" vampires feed on the blood of the living zombies are inherently not living... as for a hybrid or a mutant zombie... the creature would have to have died as a hybrid or a mutant and then came back to life as a zombie... thus it still is subject to the rules of zombies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread