Not Sure I Like the Fewer Sales Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAG

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
STL
Well hello everyone! Reading through all this.....frustration is understandable. I don't tweet, never will (I'm not telling anybody what I had for dinner and nobody cares what I'm doin)! I do fb, because of my kiddos. I don't understand the no e-mail notification for those who don't fb or tweet. I would like to think V4L is figuring all this social media stuff out and realizes now that they missed a key segment of their longtime customers. Maybe (hoping and praying) that they'll do something to make it up. Patience maybe, just maybe, will pay off. Oh yeah, I feel like my "buds" are on this forum not the new one!!! AND I still have an old phone plugged into the phone line...for the storms! lol

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
I understand folks frustration with the fb/twitter thing, and I agree it was a miscalculated move on their part. Like anyone else, I wish they'd continue to offer really large sales constantly, but I have seen (and seen it noted here) a pretty fair distribution of smaller sales and specials pretty frequently.

My orders have also dropped off in line with the dropoff in sales, but that seems like a pretty obvious result, and one they must be accounting for in their plan. I'm not sure what their plan is, but mine is simply to stay stocked up and just wait for the sales; they may be farther between, but as long as there is a decent sale once or twice a month, it's just a matter of planning a little better for me.

I do wish they had remembered to post the special in other places, but everyone makes mistakes and I will remain a loyal V4L customer due to their excellent CS and the 'family'.

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
I think they are making up for it big time right now, I'm sure it was just an oversight. They are forced to market where people are paying attention, can't blame them for that at all. I too am curious how successful this approach will be, tradeoff of buying more stuff more frequently due to sales vs buying less stuff less frequently at a higher profit margins. They will find their sweet spot, or keep changing it up, which is what I think their strategy is.

Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but need to get back to my cart to order a whole bunch more stuff I really don't need but is on sale :)

Last edited:

blight231

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2011
Oregon
Everybody would like the sales to continue, but I agree with kat in one of the first posts. It kind of "devalued " the price because I started to associate the " sale " price with the " regular " price . I would love to pay less but V4L has a business to run. We live in a capitolist nation so i'm sure they will do whatever it takes to stay competetive. If someone else makes a better product or for cheaper i'll buy from them and then V4L may lower prices to stay competetive. Or if more people buy their stuff perhaps the prices will get lower. Who knows ? Maybe it's just temporary ? Ultimately it stinks for the consumer but I get it. I still love V4L products however I will probably be buying a bit more then I used to from other vendors though :blush:.

Via!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Jacksonville FL
Well said Jeffree, great to see you as always. I meant I had no friends at the V4L forum, not here on the ECF V4L Subforum, although there are very very few of us left from our heyday.

PS: I'm trying hard to root for your RedWings, down 2-1 but not out!

just an observation, mr. jam...its VERY difficult to "make friends" on a forum where youve never visited and youve not attempted to help anyone...if you want to sit HERE and talk like a 92 year old man about the 'VERY , VERY VERY FEW OF US LEFT FROM OUR HEYDAY"...no one can stop you...more power to you...THIS is not the HEYDAY...THIS IS NOW...

my 92 year old uncle sits and talks for hours about how few of his friends are still alive that survived at Pearl Harbor...just like him...you can sit and wallow...or you can do something different...there are some really nice folks over on the "other (fake) forum" and lots of new folks too, who could really use the expertise that you "old vapers" supposedly possess...

its kinda like this...i've been a member of the DAR for 48 years...i attended meetings back in the seventies...but havent been active or gone to any meetings in years...my cousin just joined DAR...she goes to every meeting..sits on the board of directors, shes even on every committee she can handle...now which one of us REALLY knows ANYthing that is going on with DAR today??? my 58 years of sitting at home (complaining that i dont have any "friends there like i did in its heyday") or her 5 years of being active in every way she can???

i'm just saying...all that makes me is an old woman with a 50 year pin coming to me...who have *I* helped recently?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread